Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Question about "tattered paper"???? *spoilers*
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Question about "tattered paper"???? *spoilers*

Crazy 16 years ago
    Well, IIRC, one was indeed the big thing on the biomass detector in the general Marine area, but the other was in the basement of the Marine base.
    #
    monkop1 16 years ago
    i don't understand the noise pollution one!!! i swear i am bad at riddles!!!
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    There's [Spoiler]a weapon that makes noise! Just make it.
    You'll need a pulse beacon, by the way.
    [/spoiler]
    #
    haunter 16 years ago
    Hint:If someone completed 1st page then combine sniper + paper and it's the second page...there is where i start to be stucking...
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    First things first, to say something secret you should "spoiler" it, by doing this.
    [color=white]Spoiled stuff here.[/color]

I do believe the second part has to do with noise pollution.
    It's a weapon. It uses crystals as fuel. It's a beacon ray.
    #
    haunter 16 years ago
    ok i will,btw i'm now in 3rd page...it's something about ice...i can't find it...any hints?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    ...Ice...
    Ah, I remember. It says it's a weapon, improved by ice. You just simply have to make a weapon that uses ice on its formation.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Spoiler that!
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Don't spoil the fun for the rest please, it's a scavenger hunt, not a 'ask-a-forumer-how-to-do-it-hunt'.
    #
    Corum 16 years ago
    What are you talking about?
    There is this weapon in a box and there is the tattered paper.
    Is the paper related to this weapon or not?
    If not, what is this tattered paper talking about?

The more I read here, the more I'm confused!
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    The tattered paper has a riddle that has to be solved by combining it with objects. The paper tells you riddles as you solve the enigma.

The "weapon" in a box will just be necessary for solving it. Did you actually find the paper in-game?
    #
    Corum 16 years ago
    I've found that weapon in a box. Do you want to say that the weapon is not the solution of the tattered paper's riddle, but a part of it?

And yes, I found the tattered paper, too.
    #
    Aegis 16 years ago
    You combine the paper with the object and *foom* it disappears and you can stress over the next clue.
    #
    Corum 16 years ago
    Thank you very much. This seems to be one of these rare useful hints I'm looking for.

I guess there are many of these subtle riddles in the game which I still haven't solved yet.

Notrium is a nice-detailed game. I like it for that. But in the game itself too few hints are provided for too many of these funny details. You need to subscribe in the forum to learn about these little "wonders".
    #
    Corum 16 years ago
    I'm sorry.
    This hint didn't work. Nothing happened.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Corum" said:
    I'm sorry.
    This hint didn't work. Nothing happened.
    Nothing happened when you combined the paper with the weapon? Either you didn't actually combine it, or forgot to look at the paper after combining, or you combined the wrong thing.
    #
    Corum 16 years ago
    Sorry, I didn't see that you answered.

That's quite strange. I took the weapon (the electro sphere) and the tattered paper and tried to combine them as you proposed, but I simply couldn't do it -> "unable to combine items".

Is it maybe something that should only work with some mods?
    I could mention that I believe in "natural notrium", so I didn't try any mod yet.
    #
    Aegis 16 years ago
    The tattered paper is in default. I'm assuming that you're up to the first part of the riddle, if so, the answer is not electro sphere.
    "A crack through the air, long range death."
    How could that possibly be a sphere??!?!
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Aegis" said:
    The tattered paper is in default. I'm assuming that you're up to the first part of the riddle, if so, the answer is not electro sphere.
    "A crack through the air, long range death."
    How could that possibly be a sphere??!?!
    Just because the answer to that riddle isn't the Electro Sphere doesn't mean you'll never need it for the tattered paper quest.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    I see. I'll try something.

I guess my problem is that I don't use this weapon anymore, because it is not needed for protecting anything as the turrets are just good enough. I only remember the longe range, but I couldn't say if there was a crack in the air.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    Well, I've got a glowing paper. Has the further riddle something to do with the eden area?

Now I remember the reason why this was confusing me so much.
    Somehow the tattered paper seemed to be related to the electro sphere, maybe because they can be found in the same area. And the hint about the crack in the air and the longe ranged death seems to fit with that though guy guarding the electro sphere. So I never wondered about it, because I was thinking that the tattered paper refers to the electro sphere.
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    You're making it far too difficult for yourself. All solutions to the riddle are items.
    Perhaps you should ask yourself "Which item creates a crack through the air, and then a long range death usually follows?"
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    Maybe you misunderstood me.
    I solved the riddle so far as I have no longer the tattered paper, but a glowing one. But I don't know what to do with it.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I managed to solve the riddle.
    Just use the glowing paper. Congratulations.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    Yesssss!
    #
    michael15286 15 years ago
    I have a pretty good guess at what the item is...
    Can I say it, or do you want me to keep quiet?
    #
    pokinsmot 15 years ago
    Wow... I decided to start playing Notrium again and I am kind of shocked that after 4 years, the topic I started was still on the top 5! (After the stikies)...

I am going to have fun doing the whole scavenger hunt over again.
    #
    karlo 15 years ago
    please tell me what to do with tattered paper, i have tahzt turt from the box too...
    #
    Assassino 14 years ago
    yeah, I'm stuck at the clue "Flickering, toiling, ever fluidly". I tred teh tentacle and a turret, I can't for the life of me think of anything like the clue describes.

so sorry, i dont know howto do spoilers
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Yeah, it's IMO the most obscure and vague clue of all o'them. Since you can't think of anything like it describes, you might have not yet dealt with the item it wishes.

[SPOILER]
    Try to build/find more different weapons. This is one of them. If you aren't sure, just drop extra stuff somewhere in safe place, and pick up all your weapons, one of each type. By hovering mouse cursor over some item while holding the tattered paper (first click tattered paper and test all items) see if it says about the next stage in the window to the right. If it says "cannot combine", then it's not that thing. Since many clues are this vague, I used this method, and not once, shame on me :>
    [END SPOILER]

To make spoilers, you can click on "Font colour" button above the message box. It expands to a palette, where you can choose font colour so that it's equal to the message background colour, for example, white. Alas, messages' background colours are not exactly white. They are:
    1) one more whitish ("color=#ECF3F7" in square brackets, <hidden text>, "/color" in square brackets) and
    2) one more blueish ("color=#E1EBF2" in square brackets, <hidden text>, "/color" in square brackets).
    (I'd suggest adding these to the forum's palette since they're frequently used in some topics like this )

Alternatively, since we use English here you can use rot13 routine to code spoiling phrases.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    IIRC, what you want in there is
    [Spoiler]a flamethrower[/Spoiler]
    but I might be mistaken.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Well, yeah, but I didn't want link so direct ))
    #
    Forum » Question about "tattered paper"???? *spoilers*
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: