Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Var' Equinallin?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Var' Equinallin?

ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    In the journals, the Captain talks about him graduating from a premier academy, and earning enough to afford his own ship: the Var' Equinallin.
    He goes on to say that the name will seem odd to most but has meaning to him. What does the name symbolise, Quanrian?
    I've searched through babblefish, tried german, french, italian, latin and many more translations, and can't find it. I'm assuming it's something to do with horses, but apart from that, I'm confused.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    The answer is right under your nose, but I don't want to ruin it for you That was just me having some fun I've probably said too much already though Not per say an Easter Egg, but if you figure it out pm me instead of posting it all over the board, so others can figure it out on their own
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Umm, OK, thanks, I think. I'll have a look. Sure we can't have a tiny clue, I don't know where to start.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Funny that, I suggested a completely different name for the ship, but Quanrian chose this one because it sounded better than my weird random gibberish. Sounds Elvish doesn't it?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Yes, elvish... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err... Hmm... Um... Err...

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Got it!! Nice job, Quanrian, I like it.
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    thanx zex, for not giving out any spoilers...
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    SPOILER

Read the yellow text for spoiler:

read the white text for spoiler:

Something tells me that I should look in the back of the lord of the rings book...
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    HuH?
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    He's way off. Nothing to do with elves. Think of bananas, and you might guess it soon enough.
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    uh... bananas?!
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Aw Ville, you gave it away!!
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    gave it away?!?! i have absolutely nooo idea
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Alright, if you don't get it bananas, the maybe this will help you: Think of what usually happens to bananas.
    #
    Amarth 19 years ago
    Is this the clean or the sick answer we need?
    #
    Click 19 years ago
    Things that can happen to a bananna:

1. They get eaten
    2. They get peeled
    3. They get tripped on
    4. An evil doctor/madman takes over the world using his Uber Pwnage Rapid Fire Bazooka bananna.

...No, still can't think of anything that has to do with Var' Equinallin...Maybe Ville and Zex is just making this up so we will increase our mental usage per day so they can suck our brains out and hoard all our hard-earned knowledge for their own evil deeds.....................or maybe I just haven't guessed it yet...
    #
    Arcade 19 years ago
    Isn't Equi a prefix for equal
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    The banana clue is actually really obscure, but it actually is a clue. I just ask that if you do figure it out you don't post it. That way other people can figure it out on their own.

I'll speed this along though since I'm surprised it's on the second page

First clue I gave was...

The answer is right under your nose.

First clue Ville gave was...

It involves a banana. <--- This of course made no sense till his second clue.

Second clue Ville gave was...

Solving the riddle involves something you do with a banana. (Yes I reworded it.)

click posted this, and silly enough he was on the right track

Things that can happen to a bananna:

1. They get eaten
    2. They get peeled
    3. They get tripped on
    4. An evil doctor/madman takes over the world using his Uber Pwnage Rapid Fire Bazooka bananna.

Think about other terms that can be used for what click listed and than relate to a simple word, not a term, just a word.

For my final clue and than I leave it to you all.

What is a word but a collection of ?

Yes it's fun watching you guys try to solve the riddle I made by the way
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    OMG, now I'm really confused. I know the answer, but i can't see how it's related to Bananas. (that's right, I was trying to give your brain a meltdown click )
    Could you PM me Quanrian and tell me what you mean?
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Nope, sorry, it'll give you something to do figuring it out.

Just to clarify the banana is obscure, so you'll have to wrack your brain a bit to see what I meant.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    No really, I was just making fun of the whole banana thing. But now that you mention it, it actually does make sense as a riddle. So in closing, think of what you do with bananas, but don't think of bananas while thinking of it.
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    ok, ville, that makes alot of sence...

although i have no idea what that is here are a few riddles im clueless of:

one sauna, a hundred windows.
    the barns full of sheep, none have tails
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    one sauna, a hundred windows. <--- Maybe a hotel ?
    the barns full of sheep, none have tails <--- possibly a reference as sheep being followers so maybe a church.

Just some shots in the dark on those I kind of stink at riddles too lol.

To be honest Ville's clues were not only obscure and believe me there is a way to solve it using them, but they were also originally meant as a joke. So I suggest focusing on the last clue I gave and you should solve it without much problem. Though if you can figure it and out and ontop of that 'private message' me how each riddle I listed in my special post where I bolded them related I may just do something special for you

If I see the answers posted in this thread before I get the pm with the correct answers than I'm sorry the whole thing will be invalidated. I will give you the ok to post here once I've confirmed you're right. So play it safe and message me first before you post because you may be right. Remember you need to not only solve the riddle but tell me the relevance of all the clues we gave, even the obscure ones Ville gave.

Zex is however is exempt, not because I don't like him, but because I already am going to do something special for him since he solved it and pmed me before anyone else.
    #
    muffinman 19 years ago
    i'm really lost, and oh yeah, i'm not good at solving riddles

heh heh heh, so i'm really stuck on tattered paper also
    #
    Anathema 19 years ago
    Oh dear god please give more clues and if any clues dont mean anything or if any clues can be slightly easier for me to undr=erstand please tell me
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Sorry, you'll have to find it yourself.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Interesting riddle, I think I'll PM Quanrian with my guess soon.
    #
    burgerking 18 years ago
    I presume that option no 4:
    Is out of the riddle?
    #
    Nerd 18 years ago
    I have no idea, can you PLEASE pm it to me... i just read through this... umm... oh oh... wait a sec... no... no....

I really need the anwser... but i've hit a stone. I'm gonna give up, it's probably something stupid anyway.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 18 years ago
    No, it's not stupid, it's actually quite clever. I think I'm the only one here who's worked it out!! (in full)
    #
    Click 18 years ago
    Is the Var' Equinallin an anagram of something?
    #
    LastDay 18 years ago
    Elvish... I knew people who used it in roleplay but I can't type it myself.

Var' Equinallin eh?

Didn't find anything with the elvish translator, it could be dwarwish or dark languake too... or just France or something.

(Yes, there is language called elvish that Tolkien made, but dwarwish and Dark are jsut scattered words)
    #
    Click 18 years ago
    w00t! See you've come back LD. XD. *I knew that using that threat would be a good idea*
    #
    ZeXLR8er 18 years ago
    (Yes, there is language called elvish that Tolkien made, but dwarwish and Dark are jsut scattered words)
    Not quite. it's actually pretty amazing what he did. Two elvish dialects are fully complete languages (Quenya and Sindarin), but so is the dwarf language, Khuzdul. he also wrote out the written alphabet for those three languages, as well as pronunciation guides and more.
    Here's the full list of his languages (completly made up by him):

1. Elvish languages:
    * Primitive Quendian
    o Avarin languages (at least six languages)
    o Common Eldarin
    + Quenya
    # Vanyarin Quenya
    # Ñoldorin Quenya
    + Common Telerin
    # Telerin of Valinor (considered a dialect of Quenya)
    # Sindarin (at least three dialects)
    # Nandorin languages (influenced by Avarin)
    2. Mannish languages (all showed influence by Avarin tongues as well as Khuzdul):
    * Languages of forefathers of the First and Third Houses of the Atanatári
    o Taliska (two dialects)
    + Adûnaic
    # Westron (influenced by Sindarin, and languages of Eriador)
    * Hobbitish (influenced by languages of Northmen)
    # Black Adûnaic of Black Númenóreans
    o Languages of Men of Eriador during the Second Age
    o Languages of Northmen
    + Dalish
    + Rohirric
    * Language of forefathers of the Second House of the Atanatari
    o Haladin language
    o Dunlending
    * Drûg languages
    o Language of the Drúedain of Brethil
    o Language of the Woses of Drúadan Forest
    * Many Haradrim languages
    * Many tongues of Easterlings
    3. Tongue of Dwarves:
    * Khuzdul
    4. Languages of the Ents
    * Old Entish.
    * "New" Entish
    5. Languages of the Ainur (Valar and Maiar)
    * Valarin
    o Black Speech, invented by Morgoth and revised by Sauron
    #
    LastDay 18 years ago
    Oh he has actually finished them, and so many more!

My info must be extremely old then.

Maybe I should learn a few words of Dark Speech just to sound smart...
    #
    Marevix 18 years ago
    If Notrium 2 ever comes to life, will you just tell us what Var' Equinallin means?
    #
    Forum » The Var' Equinallin?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: