• » next
  • The Var' Equinallin?

MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Captain_Smile" said:
    ive just read through the entire topic and I still cannot see what it is
    Guess.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Here's a tip: Think of a slot where you usually put bananas in supermarkets (or some smaller shops).
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Here's a tip: Think of a slot where you usually put bananas in supermarkets (or some smaller shops).

0_o

What are you talking about?
    #
    Captain_Smile 18 years ago
    Im back from holidays.

And excuse me I don't put bananas in slots... (not that I remember...)
    #
    Amarth 18 years ago
    I got it! I got it! Big thank you, Idiota .
    It is, actually, really easy once you know it, isn't it? But I don't see why it should be hard for Dutch-speaking persons... It isn't THAT much of a language problem I think... But I'll shut up, before I give out any hints .

And realyy, don't listen to Crazy. He's just, well, Crazy?
    #
    I give up.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    But I don't see why it should be hard for Dutch-speaking persons... It isn't THAT much of a language problem I think...

I never intended that to be a hint lol. I was just looking for answers of why it took me so long to finally find out .

As a side note, Amarth thanked me for helping him, not for providing him with the answer, ok? I hope you all will quit staring at me like that now...
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Don't confuse poor Amarth, it's got nothing to do with the bananas.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    It does! The banana hint really helped me! Im serious. Not much, but it helped...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    It does! The banana hint really helped me! Im serious. Not much, but it helped...
    Judging by your earlier post, no it didn't.
    #
    Amarth 18 years ago
    Oh, the banana hint did make sense, in a far-stretched, unneeded kind of way .
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    I wouldn't reccomend USING the banana hint. It's a hint, but you'll only see it's a hint when you know the answer.
    #
    Noctudeit 18 years ago
    Ok, I just confirmed that I know the meaning of 'Var' Equinallin' I've got to say that if you truely read this whole thread, you can't miss the answer. However, this thread is mostly unhelpful. While a puzzle is supposed to be confusing, it's a bit cruel to flat out lie to misslead people. Therefore, rather than giving a new hint, I am going to tell you which hints are useful and which aren't...

'The answer is right under your nose' - This is true in that the "answer" is obvious, not with reference to a physical location.

'Sounds Elvish doesn't it?' - Not only is this useless, it wasn't meant as a hint. The words aren't elvish.

'Something tells me that I should look in the back of the lord of the rings book...' - Not a valid hint, as I said, it has nothing to do with elvish or JRR Tolkein at all.

'Think of bananas, and you might guess it soon enough.' - This wasn't meant to be a hint either, But after you know the answer you can draw some extremely far fetched connections. In short, forget about anything having to do with bananas and you might guess it soon enough

'Think of what usually happens to bananas.' - Another banana hint, as stated above, ignore it.

'What is a word but a collection of ? ' - Definately the best hint.

'Think of broken teeth' - useless and missleading, ignore it.

'Must be a problem with Dutch-speaking persons.' - I don't speak dutch, so I can't be sure, but I don't see how any language barrier would interfere with the 'answer'.

'Here's a tip. It's not a riddle.' - This was actually one of the most usefull hints for me. Untill this hint, I had been thinking about it all wrong.

'Think of a slot where you usually put bananas in supermarkets (or some smaller shops).' - Another banana reference, useless IMO, ignore it.

'it's got nothing to do with the bananas.' - truely words of wisdom.

Well, that's about it. Good luck to those of you still trying to solve this, if there are any.
    #
    Nephilm 18 years ago
    Hmmmm... more than a year, and I haven't figured it out.
    #
    I still can't think of it. Im fed up.
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    That really helped. I am now looking for an obvious synonym of "collection" that has far-out connections with bananas.

I still don't get it even after 8 pages of discussion.
    #
    Haunted75 18 years ago
    Maybe i know it so i just send out a PM and now waiting for the answer for my answer.
    #
    Noctudeit 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    That really helped. I am now looking for an obvious synonym of "collection" that has far-out connections with bananas.

I still don't get it even after 8 pages of discussion.

Who ever said anything about a synonym?

Keep your eye on the prize here... Var' Equinallin
    #
    Well somebody said you need a word that means "a collection"!
    #
    Noctudeit 18 years ago
    I'm not sure who said that, but I believe they were referring to the clue 'what is a word but a collection of ?' In other words, what is a word a collection of?

Stick to the clues that I said are useful.
    #
    But you said that one was the best one...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Noctudeit" said:
    I'm not sure who said that, but I believe they were referring to the clue 'what is a word but a collection of ?' In other words, what is a word a collection of?
    No. It should be thought of not as the question "What is a word but a collection of?" but as the question "What is a word but a collection of __________ ?"

That right there is probably the biggest hint.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    And I thought the banana hints were obsucre . Mageking you'r confusing me and I already hold the answer
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    And I thought the banana hints were obsucre . Mageking you'r confusing me and I already hold the answer

Really? I think that's quite clear. He told us to complete that sentence, so it forms a question.
    #
    .... I THINK I GOT IT!!

No just joking.... That sentence with the hole (what is a word but a collection of ________ ?) really helped. Im getting closer
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Just reminding you guys that I am one of the people who know the answer, so if you think you've got it, you might as well PM me (or Ville, Quanrian, MageKing17, Idiota and anyone else who knows the answer ).
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    I'm just saying that the reason why it took me so long was trying to figure out what to fill in that gap. Quanrian told me I had to see it as a question and wham, I had one of the major pieces of the puzzle fit.
    #
    My researches continue...
    #
    ZeXLR8er 18 years ago
    lol you'll get there eventually. I must say it's a good bit of entertainment just watching you people try to figure it out.
    #
    Lol if you are laughing about me I will simply forget about it
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Captain_Smile" said:

No no no, we're not laughing at you. We're just... entertained to see you struggle because you haven't figured out the answer.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Captain_Smile" said:
    "u" and "i" do not go together.
    Two words.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "u" and "i" do not go together.
    Two words.

When I first read that, I thought "WTF?!?", but then I realised the truth behind that post...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    When I first read that, I thought "WTF?!?", but then I realised the truth behind that post...
    Yes, it is a bit cryptic, but I think it just might help.
    #
    Ooooh

I think that helped quite a bit. Im getting closer.
    #
    Forum » The Var' Equinallin?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: