Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Hmm, let me see, probably in less than -2 days.
    #
    Sicon 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Hmm, let me see, probably in less than -2 days.

Abuhh..... but its already been -2 days!... so the mod has to come out today... I still want The Bacon Ray!
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Tada!! You're right, you used you brain!! In fact, it is coming out today, I'm actually uploading it right now as I speak.
    You should be able to download it in *checks upload* exactly 12 minutes 16 seconds.
    Satisfied?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Hi guys,

Here's build three, I know you've been waiting a while, but its here at last.

Download here:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.casanova.trap17.com/shared/WazzalII_b3.zip">http://www.casanova.trap17.com/shared/WazzalII_b3.zip</a><!-- m -->

Some things to check out in this version:

* The fully functional store (you'll find it inside you ship at the moment)
    * Now you can show/hide the radar screen by pressing M ingame
    * New weapons: Rocket Launcher, Combat Knife, jet exhuast to name a few
    * New items: Jetpack, infra-red vision, Electrobinoculars, Strong Liquor, Adrenaline tablets, repair units and many more
    * Promotion points set up
    * Money system added
    * Different salaries depending on what rank you are
    * The ability to by illegal tock (slaves, drugs, illegal weapons) and sell it later to make a profit

There's quite a few more things, but I'll let you find them out.

One more thing, very special thanks to these people:

Graphics/sounds:
    * ForceUser,
    * Quanrian,
    * Uberwaffe,
    * Ville Monkkonen,
    * Casanova,
    * Armarth,
    * Uberwaffe
    * Industriebrot

Ideas:
    * Sam,
    * ForceUser,
    * Quanrian,
    * Idiota,
    * Erendor,
    * Slyvena,
    * MageKing17,
    * Uberwaffe,
    * Peter,
    #
    Sicon 19 years ago
    AAGH!!!! HOLY S*** YAY!!!!!! ( I now officialy proclaim myself being the first person to post after the Build 3. )

Im downloading it now.

A VERY BIG BIG BIG THANKS to me ol' friend ZeX here!

First when I looked at the thread name I thought it was a joke lol .

Anyway Im downloading it now.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Tell me what you think; I hope it works OK, I actually haven't tested the install file this time. ops:
    #
    Sicon 19 years ago
    * The fully functional store (you'll find it inside you ship at the moment)
    ZeX... where is the store?

OK so here it goes.

Overall I give you a 8.
    Why:

Rocket launcher was awesome! especially when you changed the camera to the rocket heheheh.

I tried the jetpack, after 30 seconds of thinking I finnaly figured out how to start it up, but my troubles don't stop there, ZeX... how DO you turn it OFF? lol. The "Jet Exhaust" was a bit tooooo powerfull. Basically I owned the whole planet with it. Unfortunately im yet to get promoted, must kill more things!

Also why do I see half of blue "defenders" ill call them sitting somewhere in the corner of the map while other 5-10 of them are defending the place from enemies?

Why can I enter the left and right side of the ship? Like I change map.

The game got a bit buggy after I turned on the jetpack in my ship, then I didnt turn it off and went on the planet, I became invincible and I couldnt see ANY of the bars on the screen, only the map and the "jet exhaust".

Well maybe my Notrium got a bit screwy, im going to reinstall the 1.34 version of it and the build 3 of the mod.

Well overall it was a preety good experience. Keep up the good work Zex and the team

although I have absolutely no idea who is in the "team" exept for ZeX.

EDIT: oops , yea, now I see the team.

Umm ZeX, are you the one who voted 10 on it lol?

EDIT: Well I saw more things and I want to state some things there.

Everytime I see a friendly "Big ship" he doesn't shoot, he just follows the enemy, and im yet to see aliens shooting the friendly big ship. I also notived that if a rocket hits a friendly fighter, it hits it, SOMEHOW survives and goes on to destroy the big ship. Also I noticed that when you get hit by a missile, your shields/hull dont go down, more bugs?

EDIT: I also noticed that when i choose to throw knives, it turns into a "Im holding a rocket launcher" animation and I have knives that go round and round out of the rocket launcher. Maybe you would want to fix that too

EDIT: Yes thanks I found the store, nice, but now I have to wait to ecome an Ensign until I can BUY and USE a frigin PISTOL!? What do I use then? The frigin jetpack? That should be used when you become Special Forces lol
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Nup, I never vote on my own polls.

Yes, the jetpack is just there as a sort of preview on what it will be like eventually. it will have a fuel bar which will only let it be used for short peroids of time. That will balance out the jet exhaust weapon.

I tried the jetpack, after 30 seconds of thinking I finnaly figured out how to start it up, but my troubles don't stop there, ZeX... how DO you turn it OFF? lol. The "Jet Exhaust" was a bit tooooo powerfull. Basically I owned the whole planet with it. Unfortunately im yet to get promoted, must kill more things!
    Just use the item again.

The ship areas aren't finished yet.

The game got a bit buggy after I turned on the jetpack in my ship, then I didnt turn it off and went on the planet, I became invincible and I couldnt see ANY of the bars on the screen, only the map and the "jet exhaust".
    Bug. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and you'll find the store inside the ship, it looks like one of those computers on the bridge. it's the one that blocks the path from the bridge to the rest of the ship.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    It says it can't find casevano trap.17 please help me!!!!!
    #
    erendor 19 years ago
    casewhat? Are you sure you spelled that right?

Aside from slyvena's incoherent ramblings, I really enjoyed what little of this mod I got to. I ended up fighting enemy ships until ensign, whereupon I bought a pistol and went onto that desolate planet. Killing things was all well and good, and the knife launcher was fun too. One bug I noticed - once, when I went into the ship, I was OUTSIDE of it, as in running over the stars. This was remedied by clicking 'Enter Bridge' then going back back into the ship again. Not sure what caused that.

Oh, and when I became a second lieutenant, It suddenly became a bit less fun, since those damn bodyguards kept stealing all my kills! Then, I tried to lose them (without switching their AI mode ) and ran into a pack of marines and aliens and died. Good fun up to there, though!

A!
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    ZeX, you forgot to put what version it's compatible with.

Anyway, just downloaded. I'll tell you what I think of your ship system as compared to the one I did.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    I clicked on the link and it said that it could not find the whatever.com site thus meaning i haven't tested it yet and i really REALLY WANT TOO!!!!
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    Sicon, I'm gonna quote you since you've got most of the bugs and I'll just confirm them

"Sicon" said:
    Tha's funny, I could enter the right side of the ship, but there was nothing. the left side was closed

"Sicon" said:
    Everytime I see a friendly "Big ship" he doesn't shoot, he just follows the enemy, and im yet to see aliens shooting the friendly big ship. I also notived that if a rocket hits a friendly fighter, it hits it, SOMEHOW survives and goes on to destroy the big ship. Also I noticed that when you get hit by a missile, your shields/hull dont go down, more bugs?

Yup, I got this aswell. I had 3 fighters following me(friendly) and then a missile went right *through* all 3 (killing them) and hit me. Although my shield do go down when hit by a missile.

"Sicon" said:
    EDIT: I also noticed that when i choose to throw knives, it turns into a "Im holding a rocket launcher" animation and I have knives that go round and round out of the rocket launcher. Maybe you would want to fix that too
    Yup, it does turn into a rocket launsher. Although I love the knives. Basically cleaned out the whole map with just the knives. Just a few thing though. Perhaps you should add them to the shop too? also, perhaps you should make them throwing knives instead of combat knives. I've got a really nice graphics for a throwing knife.

"Sicon" said:
    EDIT: Yes thanks I found the store, nice, but now I have to wait to ecome an Ensign until I can BUY and USE a frigin PISTOL!? What do I use then? The frigin jetpack? That should be used when you become Special Forces lol
    hmm... no, I think it's ok as it is. The knives are pretty powerfull if you know how to use them.

OK, this build is really good, really, really good. But it's got a lot of bugs and stuff but that can be fixed What follows is a list of bugs I found and a good helping of constructive critisism and ideas

1. were are the friggen fighters? I killed 2 alien fighters and then, nothing. I'm stuck at 50 pp coz there aint any more alien ships to destroy! When I put on the targeting lazer, it points to the upper leftr corner where there is nothing. Might want to check that out. I could even send you a save game file

2. Perhaps you should add a journal entry to tell you what you should do on the planet (kill the 3 ships) and once that is done, actually reward him too . IIRC, that's how it was with build 2?

3. What algorith do you use to calculate the slaves/drugs/weapons? It seems a bit buggy. IF the price reduces when you buy alot of stock, then it's working fine I bough 200 drugs at 300 or so, and then it dropped to 0 over a very short time.

4. A sugestion for some of the item icons. In the shop menu, you might want to add some of the pics that is used in the item menu. Perhaps use the same graphics for the bullets as in the item menu but write 50$ over it. With iems costing more than 1000$ write 1k$ or 7k$

5. The buildings look horrible... er... oops, that's my fault ops: I'll work on them

6. please bring back the jungle planet! please! that was soo cool!!

7. Perhaps you could add a blue HQ too (the red hq is thier ships). make it soe the reads want to whack it, and protect it with a few (3 or 4) pillboxes and some sandbags (only in places so it looks like it's been put up hastely)

8. Add a black market shop on the planet near the blue HQ or alternatively right in the middle of the map.

9. I could easily work on most/all of the item icons. I've already got bullets for you http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/svenn.htm and perhaps the elecro goggles (same page, perhaps I could work some more on it though)

10. It's really difficult for me to pick up a repair unit when wizzing past it in the ship. perhaps you could make it so it's also picked up automatically like the energy thingy.

11. Make marine corpses drop money and pehaps a few bullets.

12. ooohh that intro pic looks great! Hmm... have you tried it with a space background?

13. The shields/armor works great. only problem is I havn't tested it out completely yet coz there aint enough stuff that's shooting at me but perhaps the shield recharge is a bit fast? Perhaps make 3 different kind of shield rechargers. start with the worst one and get better ones with promotions or buy better ones so you can upgrade your ship and take on bigger enemies. Keep the "plus10" shield promotion thingy though

14. is the night/day cycle fixed? can it be change mid game? perhaps make it so you have to kill a really big ship once you get to 1st luitenant that's blocking the sun. once you kill it, make the planet have a day again

15. Use the chair (perhaps one of the 3d ones) for the "leave bridge" icon

16. I don't think the s/r battle scanner works? the s/r radar works ok though

I'm shure there are more stuff but this should keep you busy for a while (me too )

ForceUser
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    1. were are the friggen fighters? I killed 2 alien fighters and then, nothing. I'm stuck at 50 pp coz there aint any more alien ships to destroy! When I put on the targeting lazer, it points to the upper leftr corner where there is nothing. Might want to check that out. I could even send you a save game file
    There actually aren't supposed to be any fighters in the area at all; I just put them in so you can play around with the ship combat.
    They'll be more in other areas.

2. Perhaps you should add a journal entry to tell you what you should do on the planet (kill the 3 ships) and once that is done, actually reward him too Wink . IIRC, that's how it was with build 2?
    Again, there isn't going to be any enemies in that particular area either. It's a planet on the outer rim of the Confederacy, and it's the first place to be hit by the alien attack. The wholoe planet will be desolate and destroyed, with no-one left alive. You'll then find a computer or something that will set you onto your mission.

3. What algorith do you use to calculate the slaves/drugs/weapons? It seems a bit buggy. IF the price reduces when you buy alot of stock, then it's working fine Wink I bough 200 drugs at 300 or so, and then it dropped to 0 over a very short time.
    No algorithm, it's completely random.

4. A sugestion for some of the item icons. In the shop menu, you might want to add some of the pics that is used in the item menu. Perhaps use the same graphics for the bullets as in the item menu but write 50$ over it. With iems costing more than 1000$ write 1k$ or 7k$
    Oh, that's a good idea. Do you mean have the amount of money on the picture? Because, unfortunatly, there is no $ sign in the font.tga file.

It'll definetly be brought back, it's just that at the moment I'm in the process of changing the game from construction builds to the actual game with a storyline.

8. Add a black market shop on the planet near the blue HQ or alternatively right in the middle of the map.
    Actually, black market shops would be a good idea. But any suggestions for what could be bought there?

9. I could easily work on most/all of the item icons. I've already got bullets for you <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/svenn.htm">http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/svenn.htm</a><!-- m --> and perhaps the elecro goggles (same page, perhaps I could work some more on it though)
    Well if you could work through the item graphics that would be great!! No offense, but I'm not particulary keen on the googles picture, a more space age one would be better.
    Oh, and could you post the chair graphics again? The old links are gone and I can't see the pictures anymore.

10. It's really difficult for me to pick up a repair unit when wizzing past it in the ship. perhaps you could make it so it's also picked up automatically like the energy thingy.
    That should be possible.

Yep, that'll definetly be in. I just haven't got to it yet.

15. Use the chair (perhaps one of the 3d ones) for the "leave bridge" icon
    Yes, that's a good idea, but I need the graphic.

It works, but not for the aliens for some reason. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback!!
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    There actually aren't supposed to be any fighters in the area at all; I just put them in so you can play around with the ship combat.
    They'll be more in other areas.

Ah, ok

2. Perhaps you should add a journal entry to tell you what you should do on the planet (kill the 3 ships) and once that is done, actually reward him too Wink . IIRC, that's how it was with build 2?
    Again, there isn't going to be any enemies in that particular area either. It's a planet on the outer rim of the Confederacy, and it's the first place to be hit by the alien attack. The wholoe planet will be desolate and destroyed, with no-one left alive. You'll then find a computer or something that will set you onto your mission.
    Ah, ok again

3. What algorith do you use to calculate the slaves/drugs/weapons? It seems a bit buggy. IF the price reduces when you buy alot of stock, then it's working fine Wink I bough 200 drugs at 300 or so, and then it dropped to 0 over a very short time.
    No algorithm, it's completely random.
    Hmmm.. then, if it's possible, make it so it never rises or fall more than say, 25% of the "original" price. That would make it a bit more stable I think and more possible to actually make money rather than getting lucky

Oh, that's a good idea. Do you mean have the amount of money on the picture? Because, unfortunatly, there is no $ sign in the font.tga file.
    Yup, in the picture itself. Since the icon will be "clean" in the item menu or ship meny anyways, you can easily just make it permanent on the buy menu (not "writing it but actually "painting" it on the picture)

It'll definetly be brought back, it's just that at the moment I'm in the process of changing the game from construction builds to the actual game with a storyline.
    Gotcha still, it was cool

Actually, black market shops would be a good idea. But any suggestions for what could be bought there?
    Lot's of stuff, like illegal weapons (Flamethrower, gas grenade, etc) perhaps the adrenalin pills and perhaps even the alcohol, steriods. If possible, add 100$ and subtract a 100$ from the drugs/slaves/weapons when selling and buying so there's an incentive to go do it there instead of in the ship.

9. I could easily work on most/all of the item icons. I've already got bullets for you <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/svenn.htm">http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/svenn.htm</a><!-- m --> and perhaps the elecro goggles (same page, perhaps I could work some more on it though)
    Well if you could work through the item graphics that would be great!! No offense, but I'm not particulary keen on the googles picture, a more space age one would be better.
    Oh, and could you post the chair graphics again? The old links are gone and I can't see the pictures anymore.
    hehe, that's why I said I should work on it I think I'll also do an energy clip of some kind for the laser pistol (witch btw I havn't tried yet coz I can tget pp ) Here's the new link <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/furniture.htm">http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/furniture.htm</a><!-- m --> The top down ones I'll have to e-mail to you (don't want someone stealing my pretty pictures my presiousssss.... )

Yep, that'll definetly be in. I just haven't got to it yet.
    No pressure

It works, but not for the aliens for some reason. I'll look into it.
    Thanx!

Thanks for the feedback!!

I live to serve master

EDIT: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.groep7.co.za/stars/freestars.htm">http://www.groep7.co.za/stars/freestars.htm</a><!-- m -->
    Zex, feel free to request ANY of the pics on my freestars! pages. I've got Tons onf stuff, Scanners, shields, armor you name it here and I could easily just change a texture or two rather than remaking the whole thing It should help I lot I hope.

EDIT2:
    Http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/itemicons/shield01.jpg
    Http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/itemicons/shield02.jpg
    Http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/itemicons/shield03.jpg
    Http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/itemicons/turret01.jpg

Some new pics. Shields and a turret pic for the laser turret (perhaps if you plan on making a kinetic ship weapon I could make a better one for the laser turret
    Check this page for more info http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/icon.htm

ForceUser
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    You can also download the mod from the Notrium homepage.
    #
    Sicon 19 years ago
    ZeX this MAY be a bit err... early to post, but when will the Build 4/ Alpha of the mod come out? I must play more! MORE!

About the black market.

You can buy Pirate ships there, or if a shop doesn't have a certain item you need, you can find it at the black market but at a slightly higher price.

Im also thinking of using the black marker as THE ONLY place where you can buy and sell slaves/drugs/illegal weapons. Because I want to see a GOVERMENT dealing with slaves etc. etc. You get the idea right?

Overall keep up the good work!
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Well, I'm going to release a patch that'll put back in the forest battle and the asteroid field space area. So that'll be ready soon.

And wow, those new graphics are great!! Any chance you could do a few variations on the turret? Just maybe make some different muzzle shapes/longer barrels etc, so I can use them for several different types of weapons? And I also need a single-barreled turret too.
    Thanks!!
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    here you go

http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/itemicons/turret02.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/itemicons/turret03.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/itemicons/turret04.jpg

If you want something more specific, don't hesitate to ask

ForceUser
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    That's great!! But I also need a one barreled version of all the turrets if that's not too much trouble.
    Oh, and could you pm me the top down views of the chairs?
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Ok here's my feedback... and I think I beat whatever there was to do. This is all criticism, and I'll have the positive stuff after

I didn't notice the shop for a long time and I know I'm probably pretty dense, but perhaps a sign saying shop might of helped I didn't realize it was just a normal computer console.

Your ship being under attack when you went to the bridge was kewl except I had no clue, so I died. Some kind of warning, like "The ship is under attack!!!" would have been good.

I think even after getting used to controlling the ship I still don't like the controls and would much rather use vehicle controls instead.

While using the jetpack the jetpack weapon constantly flickered in the bar.

Not sure if it is intentional but it seems you can't be harmed at all while using the jetpack which makes it kind of cheap.

A flashlight or at least some light around the player by default would be extremely nice as when I got down to the planet I was killing my eyes trying to see something until I got further in.

I can't be for sure but it didn't seem like either of the radars worked at all in the game. I assume a blip on the radar would show if it did and I never saw anything distinguishing enemies on my radar.

Not really sure why you gave the player bullets but not a pistol to start off, that is kind of confusing to me. Yet you gave him a rocket launcher instead ? This is a small complaint I suppose once you figure out where the shop is.

Not at all your fault, but the ally soldiers would sit there shooting at the wall at something on the other side. I really am not sure how you could fix this and maybe down the line the built in AI will be smart enough to not do this. For now I might suggest moving them away from walls and maybe popping them near corners instead.

Ok now that all that is out of the way I'd like to say I really liked how everything else was done. The graphics were fantastic, especially the the Wolf. The city you made was very good and I especially liked the spotlights and how you set it up for a war. On a whole I'd say this mod is definately headed in the right direction.
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    Just 4 comments:

= Overall, most places were too dark. Even after bringing the monitor brightness all the way up, it was hard to see things.
    = The control scheme for the ship doesnt suit it, it should be in vehicle mode.
    = Firing 2 rockets causes the screen to flicker back and forth between them until one explodes.
    = The captain needs a faster turn speed so he can walk in a straight line properly.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    OK, before I start there's somthing I need to make sure is clear with everyone. This is a build. It is not a complete mod, or even a demo. Alot of the stuff in it is there for bugfinding and trial purposes. So don't think that because a graphic etc isn't there/doesn't work that it won't in the future.

I didn't notice the shop for a long time and I know I'm probably pretty dense, but perhaps a sign saying shop might of helped I didn't realize it was just a normal computer console.
    Like above, it's there just for trial. The graphic will change.

Your ship being under attack when you went to the bridge was kewl except I had no clue, so I died. Some kind of warning, like "The ship is under attack!!!" would have been good.
    Again, it's not completed.

I think even after getting used to controlling the ship I still don't like the controls and would much rather use vehicle controls instead.
    Well, I'm getting alot of this, so I guess I'll have to change it.

Can't fix this. It's because I'm using a script to wield the jetpack item every 100th of a second to prevent the player from wielding any other weapons.

Not sure if it is intentional but it seems you can't be harmed at all while using the jetpack which makes it kind of cheap.
    I agree, I'll get rid of it.

A flashlight or at least some light around the player by default would be extremely nice as when I got down to the planet I was killing my eyes trying to see something until I got further in.
    Um, Quanrian, look in your inventory. You'll find a flashlight there.

I can't be for sure but it didn't seem like either of the radars worked at all in the game. I assume a blip on the radar would show if it did and I never saw anything distinguishing enemies on my radar.
    A few people have said that; I'll test it out.

Not really sure why you gave the player bullets but not a pistol to start off, that is kind of confusing to me. Yet you gave him a rocket launcher instead ? This is a small complaint I suppose once you figure out where the shop is.
    Again, more testing stuff. It won't be there in the future.

Not at all your fault, but the ally soldiers would sit there shooting at the wall at something on the other side. I really am not sure how you could fix this and maybe down the line the built in AI will be smart enough to not do this. For now I might suggest moving them away from walls and maybe popping them near corners instead.
    Tell me about it. The AI is the biggest problem in this mod. I'm beggining to realise that it's really, really stupid. I was sure it was alot better in version 1.3 compared to 1.34.

Ok now that all that is out of the way I'd like to say I really liked how everything else was done. The graphics were fantastic, especially the the Wolf. The city you made was very good and I especially liked the spotlights and how you set it up for a war. On a whole I'd say this mod is definately headed in the right direction.
    Thanks Quanrian.

= Overall, most places were too dark. Even after bringing the monitor brightness all the way up, it was hard to see things.
    Those two areas are very dark, but it's deliberate. You'll understand later. For now use your flashlight.
    #
    B0rsuk 19 years ago

Can't fix this. It's because I'm using a script to wield the jetpack item every 100th of a second to prevent the player from wielding any other weapons.

How about using weapon fire prevention effect instead ? I didn't play your mod in a long time, so perhaps it collides with some scripts or sth...
    How about "player doesn't wield an item" condition ?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    I've experimented with effects and haven't found a solution that works, but if anyone's got ideas I welcome them.
    The problem with the weapon fire prevention effect is that it still allows weapons to be wielded. I can't have any weapons wielded at all since I'm using a constantly wielded weapon to show the player with the jetpack on his back graphic.
    #
    erendor 19 years ago
    I don't know whether this would work but...
    Have you tried making the jetpack item change the player into another creature which is essentially the same but has a graphic with a jetpack on?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    OK, here's the patch I promised; I've fixed up quite a few of the bugs, and also added in a lot more stuff to do, so hopefully it should be alot more enjoyable:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.casanova.trap17.com/shared/WazzalII_B3patch.zip">http://www.casanova.trap17.com/shared/W ... 3patch.zip</a><!-- m -->

Please comment on it and tell me your thoughts now.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    OK, here's the patch I promised; I've fixed up quite a few of the bugs, and also added in a lot more stuff to do, so hopefully it should be alot more enjoyable:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.casanova.trap17.com/shared/WazzalII_B3patch.zip">http://www.casanova.trap17.com/shared/W ... 3patch.zip</a><!-- m -->

Please comment on it and tell me your thoughts now.

I'll check this out and get back to you Believe me I realize the difference between a beta and a final I can't believe I missed the flashlight, rather spotlight lol I am considering your beta at demo status in my mind though, there is more than enough there to do so.

You've got the interior of the ship, one planet functioning to some degree and some space fighting, so really all you're doing now is adding more of those previously mentioned things. So congrats on being at demo status as you should be able to template alot of what you add now You don't have to confirm what I say, it's just my opinion, but at some point you might want to hop off the beta stages and start calling it a demo, just make sure all the graphics are in place and really you're set to go.

Why am I suggesting this ? Mainly because your mod looks nothing like a third beta does, it's far too complete and is a good ways ahead of the other betas in completion. This way you can clearly distinguish you're really making some solid progress, because well 3rd beta in however many months doesn't sound as good as perhaps a pre-release demo I think others might agree as well that Wazzal II can certainly qualify for demo status at this point.
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    just make sure all the graphics are in place and really you're set to go.

That'd be my department but I'm enjoying mu to much

ForceUser
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    This is a minor gripe with your installer. After getting the patch now it seems that you're using the root folder and zipping that rather than starting within it. What this does is when I unzip to the Notrium root it installs a new folder with all the subfolders in it... This is not right and forced me to manually put everything where it should be. Either I'm the only one who had this problem or no one else minded though. I had this problem with both beta 3 and the patch however, so I think I'd make you aware of it
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Okalydokaly, does anyone else have problems with the installer? I was sure I did it the right way, but maybe not. What combinations of folders should I have? ATM its like this:

Wazzal_B3 folder
    [list]Data
    [list]Wazzal II
    [/list:u]
    Music
    [list]Wazzal II
    Textures
    [list]Wazzal II
    Sounds
    [list]Wazzal II
    [/list:u][/list:u]

Is that right?

And Quanrian, I'll considor your ideas about calling it a demo. When I think about it does seem more completed than a beta.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Okalydokaly, does anyone else have problems with the installer? I was sure I did it the right way, but maybe not. What combinations of folders should I have? ATM its like this:

Wazzal_B3 folder
    [list]Data
    [list]Wazzal II
    Music
    [list]Wazzal II
    Textures
    [list]Wazzal II
    Sounds
    [list]Wazzal II
    [/list:u][/list:u]

Is that right?

And Quanrian, I'll considor your ideas about calling it a demo. When I think about it does seem more completed than a beta.

You did it 'almost' right. What you should of done is go into the Wazzal_B3 folder and select everything in it, than you zip that into an archive rather than zip up the Wazzal_B3 folder itself which is what you did . Than they can unzip to the root and all the folders where go where they should. You just need to make sure your directory structures are right, even on patches. I've used this method tried and true, but I use a SFX rar format and than zip it up so it works more like an installer.
    #
    Pete 19 years ago
    Sorry, my new desing is lost, as I had to format harddisk to get rid of virus.

Il make it again, but first I check build 3.

Now I have non-stop internet, so it will be probably better now...

And yes, do I need 1.34 to run this?
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Sorry, my new desing is lost, as I had to format harddisk to get rid of virus.

Il make it again, but first I check build 3.

Now I have non-stop internet, so it will be probably better now...

And yes, do I need 1.34 to run this?

Yes you will, otherwise certain things will not work properly. The mod might even crash when you try to run it with 1.33. You'll find the latest version of Notrium in the Notrium forum section.
    #
    Pete 19 years ago
    Already playing...
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: