Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

>.>...<.< 18 years ago
    how do I install wazzal II, its all not working and things, i extracted it multiple times, overwriting the datafiles as well, and it doesnt work, could someone help me?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Yes, yes, I'm actually doing some work on Wazzal II now. However, unless I find some way to get the Confederate Battleship working properly, this mod's sunk. So hop to the modding questions thread, people!
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Well, now that the Battleship's working properly, I need someone to do some more graphics work for me. Anyone interested in doing a Confederate Dreadnought graphic?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Sorry for the double-post (well, triple if you count that one last week), but...

Wazzal II Beta 3 Patched Version

Available HERE!
    #
    eddeshun 18 years ago
    Wahhooo! Field day! Everyone gets to feed their addiction to Wazzal 2

*Grabs the beta* *smells it* ohhhhhhhhh nifty *rubs it up and down*.... what?
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    ewwwwwwwww and I wanted to try that too.......
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Now leave me alone until I finish my own patch.

Also, Ville, could you fix the version on the official download page?
    #
    1MoreRun 18 years ago
    mageking17, I can do any graphics you request... I'll put some ship graphics together, and pm em to you... I never player the original wazzal, so I don't know what a confederate dreadnought looks like, but I know what a dreadnought is...
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    The original Wazzal never actually HAD a confederate dreadnought.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Yeah, all the of the ships used so far except for the Wolf IV are completely original.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Well, 1MoreRun has done a bunch of graphics, so I'm going to see how many of them I can use. Some of them are really awesome, so expect me to be busy with that for a while.
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Yeah, all the of the ships used so far except for the Wolf IV are completely original.
    What about the alpha version of the mod?

1) I liked the kuiper belt (Asteroid belt at the edge of our solar sys), and I think it should get back in the mod.
    2) That ship you used might have been temporary, but it WAS a real Wazzal 1 ship.
    #
    1MoreRun 18 years ago
    i'll recolor my asteroids for a kupier belt... Icy right? My inner belt's looking good. This is a very small belt, but I wanted to test the pieces out

I'm working on some comets too... Can you make a creature that takes a certain number of steps forward, and then turns incrementally to the left or right? It would have to hurt you on contact too, but continue on it's path, without deviation.
    #
    Yay! Asteroid belt! I still haven't tried the mod, BTW, but I'm going to do that right now so that Spore dosen't distract me again.

As for your question about orbiting satellites:
    Perhaps Ville could come back to Notrium just one last time and add a gravity engine. Then again, that comment could get me flamed.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Idea for comet: Creature with incredibly slow turning rate that constantly tries to attack a stationary "sun" creature. Make the turning rate (and of course minimum speed) so that it can never actually face the sun. Thusly, it will endlessly circle it.

Just a thought.
    #
    But then the sun would have to come back to layer 1, wouldn't it? 'Cause currently, suns go in the bottom layer.

Ooh, that gives me an idea! How about making the sun able to destroy comets that fly out of orbit (Turn too fast)?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    But then the sun would have to come back to layer 1, wouldn't it? 'Cause currently, suns go in the bottom layer.
    You're missing it entirely. The sun wouldn't have to change layers... it would have to change types. Right now, it's a plot object. It would have to be a creature for it to work.
    #
    I was talking about the relationship between those 2, but who really cares?

Carry on.
    #
    Covetski 17 years ago
    Hey, great mod way to go combining the two!

I had a lil gameplay question, two actually...
    1) Is there a way to leave the starting solar system?
    2) Is there anything else to do on the planet other than destroying the three alien ships?

If that sounds wierd then I probly on't have the latest version :/ ty
    #
    Covetski 17 years ago
    ok, well its looking great so farI'm gonna have lots of free time this summer so I might look into modding Notrium, and after that, if I'm feeeling confident I might be able to help
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    What the hell?! Where'd my post go?! ZeX, did you delete it? Or is it that bug again?
    #
    1MoreRun 17 years ago
    Mage, I tried out you're idea for orbiting bodies, but I used an invisible anchor creature set to the base layer instead of a sun image, so it could be use for more than just comets... I did a moon first, because the smaller distances are easier to ajust, and I can use that info for larger scale distances. I set up a few new creature classes to keep it all organised too. I made the anchor creature pretty strong too, so if a sattelitte's orbit decays enough that it reaches it's target, it's instantly destroyed.

After I got a general location for the moon, I put in quite a few and let em orbit for a while, to find the one with the cleanest orbit.

There's the winner... I cut it's speed and rotation afterwards, so it'd only do @ 1 rotation per minute.

I tried an asteroid belt too, but even with perfect placement around an object, the majority would fly off... I'm thinking of an ast belt spawner item that would release 15-20 ast items from one of the safe spots at timed intervals, but I have to get a timed script working to shut it off...
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Why don't you send me that file so I can try messing around with it? My e-mail is on my profile page.
    #
    Covetski 17 years ago
    Hi, could you please send me the code too, or put it on The Notrium Modding Library please?

My e-mail is on my profile. Thanks!
    #
    1MoreRun 17 years ago
    Here you go.
    Orbit

Paste the info from the data files info in your files. I set the id numbers high, but change em if yours are higher. I'll get it set up for the library.

Sorry I took so long, my internet has been down for the past week.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    I'll take a look at it later and see if it can easily be used to make every planet have a moon.

Slight question, how can you be sure the moon won't eventually go off-course and slam into the planet?
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    And some planets are nice to have more than one moon.
    #
    speedblade 17 years ago
    But is this all gonna even BE in the mod, Zex droped the mod already....
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    But is this all gonna even BE in the mod, Zex droped the mod already....
    Have you failed to notice that MageKing17 is currently working on it with the help of others?
    #
    Spetz 17 years ago
    "1MoreRun" said:
    Here you go.
    Orbit

Paste the info from the data files info in your files. I set the id numbers high, but change em if yours are higher. I'll get it set up for the library.

Sorry I took so long, my internet has been down for the past week.

Thank you.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Slight question, how can you be sure the moon won't eventually go off-course and slam into the planet?
    Whoops, I just thought of the answer myself.

Since the creature's min speed is equal to it's max speed, it's orbit can only ever be circular.

So even if it's off-center, it'll never go off-course.

Doh! *slaps forhead*
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    I wouldn't say ZeX dropped the mod... I'd just say ZeX dropped...
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    I wouldn't say ZeX dropped the mod... I'd just say ZeX dropped...
    Can I have his Mod powers?
    #
    Inane 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Can I have his Mod powers?

Oh god no (no offense)! Crazy is more fit to moderate than you. Do you realize you just asked for mod powers in a completely off-topic post?

MK, can I ask what the new 'missions' in the next version will be?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "Inane" said:
    Do you realize you just asked for mod powers in a completely off-topic post?
    Yes, but it just HAD to be done. [/OT]
    To continue Inane's question, when might you be releasing the next version?
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: