Register
Email: Password:
Forum » MOD: Notrium 1.11 Remake (Download Available)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • MOD: Notrium 1.11 Remake (Download Available)

ville 19 years ago
    "Doogsy" said:
    the only thing with wandering robots is that sometimes they took forever to hunt down, however with smaller areas, this may not be a problem.

You could possibly force the big robot's AI to be calculated, and make them use an AI that's in attack mode all the time. This way they would hunt the player down once he enters the area.
    #
    Anonymous1157 19 years ago
    This way they would hunt the player down once he enters the area

Naughty naughty... You know, when I used to play 1.2 I would hunt both robots down then clear every other bot out and make a little base in there. It was easier to come about the robot than to hunt for it .
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    Ok, I'm sorry (well maybe not so sorry) to announce I'm going on a cruise to New Caledonia tomorrow and I wont be around for 2 weeks, so I wont be able to update the Remake for a while. I honestly thought I would have it done earlier but some bugs have slowed the modding process quite a lot. After I get back from the cruise, I will be gone again after a few days as I'm going on another holiday to Fiji . But when I come back I will have plenty of time. I will do some work tonight, but I wont be able to release a beta due to a bug which crashes the game after the first day (which makes it hard to do much testing). So I bid you farewell for the time being, I will check the forum again tonight, but I'm leaving at 7am to Sydney tomorrow morning. Please feel free to post comments and ideas ect, as I am still hunting for ideas. There are internet facilities on the cruise, but depending on how much they cost, and how much I've been drinking (it is a cruise entirely of 18 year olds who have just finished school {we call it schoolies in Australia} so I'm assuming there will be alot of drinking), I am unsure on whether I will use them, but in Fiji, I will probably use the net a bit more.
    See you in 2 weeks.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Fijii, niiice. See ya Doogs!
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Yeah, see you! I'll be fixing your bugs while you sip your drinks.
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    Ok, sorry but I don't have the beta ready for release before my trip to Fiji. (Well I do, but there are a few more things I'd like to add, and I would like to be around for bugging purposes) It will be released when I get back (3 weeks-ish) I may visit the forums during the holiday (the cruise was like 15 bucks/hour, so no way I was paying that) See you in 3 weeks
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    Well, it took a little bit longer than expected... but its closed to finished. I do want to add some more stuff and balance it out a bit so I am deciding to release a version now, and then hopefully get some feedback and balancing issues.
    Take into consideration that the mod isn't meant to be easy. (I havn't finished it without saving yet) but the difficulty modes arn't fully implemented, they are all about the same difficulty (except easy has no temp and no spawners)
    So download it and give me a bit of feedback, please.
    Remake Versioin 1

Quick list of additions
    ---------------------------
    A few more projectile weapons added
    Different variations of aliens, depending on the climate
    3 hive areas
    All the original areas from 1.1
    The original food generators and battery chargers (combinations slightly changed)
    Original journal entries
    More which I can't think of...
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    I'll check it out as soon as I'm done with my work over here. Sounds great!
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Wow, I've checked this out and it's fantastic. I didn't even notice that the mod was submitted before, so it might be a good idea to get this mod on monkkonen.net.
    Anyway, fantastic.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Same as Zex, this slipped by me. Seems pretty nice, although I do remember eating alien corpses in 1.11 (maybe the expansion added that?..). I don't get the deal with the sawed-off shotgun, however.

Easy should, however, have spawners. If there aren't any spawners, it's harder to live off the land.
    #
    Fusion 19 years ago
    What he said

PLEASE add new features
    #
    spiritfire 17 years ago
    you llink no found
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    The last post is TWO YEARS OLD!
    #
    ModSlayer 16 years ago
    O.o Im Back!!!
    BTW- For easy mode take OFF weight, that makes sense.
    What 2 years old, ohh I didnt see that...
    #
    Forum » MOD: Notrium 1.11 Remake (Download Available)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: