Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Let's try out Fabletop

Let's try out Fabletop

Narvius 11 years ago
Here.

I already mentioned it in the general playage thread, but I think some additional visibility won't hurt.

I reckon we'd want at least (read: exactly) three-four people + GM.

Edited 11 years ago
#
Amarth 11 years ago
I probably don't have time for this, but I made an account anyway. Probably best to meet in IRC?
#
Endymion 11 years ago
Sounds interesting. Anytime on weekends would be fine for me too. Also I wouldn't mind GMing, I've never really been one so it'd be nice to see how awful I'm at it.
Edited 11 years ago
#
E_net4 11 years ago
Looks fun! [message padding to make it look longer]
#
MageKing17 11 years ago
Endymion said:
Sounds interesting. Anytime on weekends would be fine for me too. Also I wouldn't mind GMing, I've never really been one so it'd be nice to see how awful I'm at it.
Actually, I've been reflecting on it, and I'd actually like to GM in order to get some experience at it, since it occurs to me the primary failure in our previous attempts to get an RPG going (besides free time and software) was that nobody wanted to GM, because we all wanted to play. Well, maybe it's time somebody started wanted to GM. I like telling stories, after all; so if nobody else actually wants to be a GM, I'd like to do it.
#
Grim Reaper 11 years ago
Sounds fairly interesting, wouldn't mind mucking about (i.e. playing) with this, weekends sound like the best time for it.

Also, you're more likely to catch my attention via Steam (despite me being on IRC as well), just so you know.

Edit: Added the second paragraph.

Edited 11 years ago
#
MageKing17 11 years ago
I ran a short little two-scene session with Grim and Endymion, mostly to learn how the system worked, and it turned out fairly interesting. After getting into a drunken barfight and murdering a guard, our heroes got themselves arrested and thrown in prison. When the prison guard got attacked by a goblin scouting for a raiding party, our degenerate heroes managed to talk the captain into letting them out to help fight off the rest of the goblins, and after Endymion got himself knocked unconscious and Grim punched the last Goblin to death, the captain agreed to let them go if they defeated the Goblin's Warchief. Will our heroes survive the encounter with the Warchief?!? Tune in next time, folks!

And then, after figuring out you could enable the advanced features for free during the beta, Grim and I faffed about on the bridge of a starship. Me with considerably more faffing than Grim, but that's neither here nor there. Preliminary review of Fabletop: hilariously good fun!
#
Grim Reaper 11 years ago
MageKing17 said:
After getting into a drunken barfight and murdering a guard
You forgot to mention the two soldiers and the drunk (who managed to be completely useless), who were also slain by our intrepid adventurers.
#
MageKing17 11 years ago
Grim Reaper said:
MageKing17 said:
After getting into a drunken barfight and murdering a guard
You forgot to mention the two soldiers and the drunk (who managed to be completely useless), who were also slain by our intrepid adventurers.
Yes. Your intrepid, murderous adventurers.
#
Narvius 11 years ago
Alright then. Let's set some approximate date or something, then.
#
Endymion 11 years ago
Today? And/Or next Saturday or Sunday?
#
MageKing17 11 years ago
We played a bit more earlier today, and although my original plan didn't work because Grim was busy playing Guns of Icarus Online, I still got to throw Endymion through a sidequest (and Murska joined the party), and later gave Grim his own sidequest when he was done with GoIO. Long story short, our intrepid adventurers have gone from being forced into goblincide to get out of jail to being pawns in an intergalactic struggle to control the entire galaxy!

Presumably, at least; actual plot details will be more forthcoming after our adventurers actually complete their quest.

EDIT: Which is currently planned for next Saturday some time; I'm not sure if it would work to have anybody else join the party, since a party of 3 sounds like it'll be complicated enough, but maybe if our adventurers find the Goblin Lair too much of a challenge, some extra party members showing up wouldn't be a bad idea.

Edited 11 years ago
#
Narvius 11 years ago
I'll want to join.
#
Forum » Let's try out Fabletop

Your email:
Your name: