Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Opposing Force
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Opposing Force

Casanova 19 years ago
    The mod will now be availible for download here:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sergioe.uni.cc/">http://www.sergioe.uni.cc/</a><!-- m -->

I will post the new beta as soon as Ville relases the definite version of Notrium 1.34. In the meantime, let me know if there is something would like me to add so it can be included in the next beta.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    ACK! 0_o you changed your avatar again!

I would like some sort of basic weapon that doesn't use ammo, like in side-shooters where they have a "pea-shooter" with infinite ammo.
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    There will be a wimpy steel knife and an expensive self-powered tazer. But im not sure about what kind of ammo-less ranged weapon to add.

About the avatar, well..., this is the last time I change it! Scouts Promise!
    #
    eug1404 19 years ago
    "Casanova" said:
    But im not sure about what kind of ammo-less ranged weapon to add.
    Maybe a weak tazer type of thing.
    #
    Anathema 19 years ago
    my computer wont let me do anything, so i have opposing force.rar in my recieved documents but it wont let me use winrar to unrar it. Also, if i am using the default notrium file place thing what is the main directory? I have a windows me computer and loads of room
    #
    Anathema 19 years ago
    seriously, do i have to download winrar or what?
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    @MrFloat, this should be asked in one of the questions thread. A wider variety of people check those, and one of them can help you. I can't, because I don't have the time right now.
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    "MrFloat" said:
    seriously, do i have to download winrar or what?

Yes, you are going to need something that can extract .rar archives. There are many small freeware programs that can do so.

Next version will be released in a self-extracting archive.
    #
    Rokan'sharp'claw 19 years ago
    About the opposing force mod I tried and I did it but the tank appeared as some kinda empty rectangle just blue and my forces are also little squares and the weapons are all radios why is this happening????
    #
    Unc1354m 19 years ago
    "Rokan'sharp'claw" said:
    About the opposing force mod I tried and I did it but the tank appeared as some kinda empty rectangle just blue and my forces are also little squares and the weapons are all radios why is this happening????

The only thing that can cause that is if it Cant find the Textures,
    Make sure you put the Texture folder "OP" in "Textures" or that it has exactly the same name as the Data file "OP"

Those are the only things i can think of

[EDIT]
    I just did a test i renamed the OP Graphics folder, And when you play all the weapons are Subspace radios and the same things as you.
    So do as i said above
    [EDIT]
    #
    Anathema 19 years ago
    could anyone tell me when the next version is going to be released if it is going to have a self extract thing on it then please?
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    Its going to be after ville releases notrium 1.4 since it uses some effects not supported 1.33

If you want to play the current one, just use any extracting tool that supports rar files, like: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.7-zip.org/">http://www.7-zip.org/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Anathema 19 years ago
    Thanks. This is really great but as somone said it is too slow when there are too many enemies or allies on the screen.
    #
    Anathema 19 years ago
    now most objects are black squares with little explosions in them and all pick ups are radios and the tank looks like a giant marine and all the animations are screwed !what do i do?
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    You didnt mess with the data files, did you? I would just overwrite the data and textures folders with the originals. Also check that they are named the same.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Well I tried downloading your mod, but it seems I can't access your site. Is your site down ?
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    Looks like the free redirecting service (uni.cc) I was using shut down. Oh well, I'll just use the long address then:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://members.dslextreme.com/users/sergioenriquez/">http://members.dslextreme.com/users/sergioenriquez/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Anathema 19 years ago
    I found out what the problem was, I put textures, music and sound in the data folder. Fixed now. I just have to say it's amazing, but the first part's slightly too hard, mainly because whenever i try to use airstrike, it always goes in the same place, any ideas?

another problem- i cant open the inventory without pausing first, it just flashes and says you opened your backpack. And if thats a backpack, how can he fit a laser rifle, three pistols(dual and single), a radio, some batteries and some medi kits?
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    It's a big backpack...
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    "Anathema" said:
    I found out what the problem was, I put textures, music and sound in the data folder. Fixed now. I just have to say it's amazing, but the first part's slightly too hard, mainly because whenever i try to use airstrike, it always goes in the same place, any ideas?

another problem- i cant open the inventory without pausing first, it just flashes and says you opened your backpack. And if thats a backpack, how can he fit a laser rifle, three pistols(dual and single), a radio, some batteries and some medi kits?

The airstrike is supposed to start the location the mouse was when X is pressed, and then move in the direction the player is facing. Is it not working this way?

About the inventory, do you mean pausing as pressing the P key, or just stop moving? Cause the great-backpack-of-infinite-holding is supposed to be always availible.
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    How did Lara croft fit all her weapons (includinga bazooka twice the size of her pack) into her backpack. It just does.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    This is known as "RPG pants syndrome" and occurs in all games with inventories (except a few ones, like Diablo II that use different inventory systems). Basically, the character has magical pants with endless pockets. He can store anything in there, and can even store paper without worry of papercut. Don't ask me how, it's just true. To see some of the magical RPG pants in action, read this comic based on The Secret of Monkey Island game.
    #
    I can't even play opposing force now for sme reson I can't use it everytime I put it in data files I can't acsess Notrium it says its some kinda error and closes why?
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    As heaps of people have not all complaied it is probably just your computer or perhaphs a corrupted file in which you should redownload the mod
    #
    Don't worry bout it its fixed its great to! but just alittle to hard I can't even get passed the first bit though very impressive cassanova you could make it a stand-alone game maybe like a Notrium expansion.
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    To make things easier I have slowed the gameplay a bit by making fire rates/ bullets/ moving speed slower and the ammo capasity was also increased. But to balance things out, all enemies are thoughter to kill, so early on the game the player will need to rely on the added fire power from team mates.
    #
    Anathema 19 years ago
    You said there would be four modes of transport?
    I was editing the maps so there was loads of vermin around, and ammo when i noticed in the enemies/allies menu, f5 there was a mech and a bike. What are they for?
    Also in a future mod you could make a manned turret , like a tank that cant move, or a bigger game? also the marines should be more effective , especially against those pillboxes.
    also ther was two types of cyborg i noticed, why?

Those ants seem to be afraid of the tank while im shooting, because i filled the ant area with ants and got the tank and started blasting everything and there was a half circle of ants around me, almost out of the screen, and when i stopped shooting they came around me and swarmed the tank. Any thoughts?
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    "Rokan'sharp'claw" said:
    Don't worry bout it its fixed its great to! but just alittle to hard I can't even get passed the first bit though very impressive cassanova you could make it a stand-alone game maybe like a Notrium expansion.

I was under the impression it was a stand-alone. There is so much different/new in the mod it can hardly be considered an expansion for any reason other than he borrowed some graphics. How many missions are there by the way ? I've never gotten past the first one either for various reasons so that's why I ask. I can't directly tell anything drastically different in the newer version. The weapon is still oscured in 800x600. Not to be a fuss, but why not move all the bars to the top of the screen ?
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    "Anathema" said:
    You said there would be four modes of transport?
    I was editing the maps so there was loads of vermin around, and ammo when i noticed in the enemies/allies menu, f5 there was a mech and a bike. What are they for?
    Also in a future mod you could make a manned turret , like a tank that cant move, or a bigger game? also the marines should be more effective , especially against those pillboxes.
    also ther was two types of cyborg i noticed, why?

Those ants seem to be afraid of the tank while im shooting, because i filled the ant area with ants and got the tank and started blasting everything and there was a half circle of ants around me, almost out of the screen, and when i stopped shooting they came around me and swarmed the tank. Any thoughts?

The mech and bike arent playable on that version yet, they work now. There were 2 cyborgs since there is no way to change a creatures AI while placing them on the editor, and I wanted some of them to stand still and guard. Ants afraid of the tank? thats weird, I'll try to find whats wrong. As for the pillboxes, im gonna add soldiers that carry rocket launchers for them.

I was under the impression it was a stand-alone. Wink There is so much different/new in the mod it can hardly be considered an expansion for any reason other than he borrowed some graphics. How many missions are there by the way ? I've never gotten past the first one either for various reasons so that's why I ask. I can't directly tell anything drastically different in the newer version. The weapon is still oscured in 800x600. Not to be a fuss, but why not move all the bars to the top of the screen ?

It aint gonna be a expansion, its gonna be a prequel!

I been trying to get the the menu to resize properly, but the background graphic isnt resizing at all. Until this is fixed it can only display properly in 1024x768. Maybe ville could help with this.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    List it as a bug for me in the new 1.34 RC1 thread, I'll have a look. Just saying I don't understand what the bug is by reading the above.

I'll be expecting to hear from you Casanova whether the bugs you found in the test version of 1.34 have been fixed in the new version.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Make sure you grab that dll I uploaded to my site if you can't run the new version Casanova. You may not need it, but if it gives you an error than you'll need it, at least until fixes the download. I suggest getting it soon as Geocities has a tendency to freak out about direct linking files lol.
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    Ok I got the new version to work after adding using the dll you posted. The problems with the mech rockets and item un-equiping are solved, thought there is stilll some stuff giving me problems. O posted about it on the new 1.34 thread
    #
    B0rsuk 19 years ago
    Idea how to make handgrenades.

Each grenade is a creature. Tactic - do nothing. Shortly after being spawned, you make them use push effect once. Now to make them move at progressively slower speed, you should make them fire a weapon with knockback constantly.
    This knockback thingy would make them even bounce off obstacles, unfortunately always at 180 deg.

Then it's just a matter of tweaking the numbers, death time, knockback values.... and inserting something nasty into death block.

Should work, but not tested. I will implement it into my medieval mod some day.
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    I already added 3 kinds of grenades. Once trown they fly up to thes pot the mouse was last pressed. They work ok exept when they hit a wall since they will slide at its sides.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    "Casanova" said:
    I already added 3 kinds of grenades. Once trown they fly up to thes pot the mouse was last pressed. They work ok exept when they hit a wall since they will slide at its sides.

You're using creatures right ? Well just make it so they have no collision detection for props or plot objects. Now if they're in perpetual motion they should go right through the walls. I'd make sure to put them on layer 2 as well so they look like they're actually flying over the wall
    #
    Forum » Opposing Force
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: