Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a great idea for the game? Tell us here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a great idea for the game? Tell us here!

Sao_Opp 18 years ago
    hi.
    making walls is a great idee.
    but you will need cement(2pebbele+2sand+water)and 2 barriers to make 1 wall section.
    8 wall sections is as large as the hermits hut.
    Traps
    a)mine(no idee how to make them )
    b)heatseaking missile.
    need missile launsher(2 P.P.A.+3feul cells+A.T.B.)
    and missiles 10 missiles from P.P.A. and a energie unit.
    c) falling rock u need a spade to make the slope and ?a rock?and ?a rope?.
    if an enemey walks by the rope the rock falls on it\him\her.

Vital supplies
    a) water for human, alien and psonic.(u eat but u don`t drink.)
    b)oil for the android(u get rusty over time)
    c)beds for human and alien.(dude u need to get sleep or u..... it will slowly heal jou but drains food fast.
    d) a revitalize token/abilety for psonic.
    e) u can fich for food.
    New items
    a)can b)water. u use can whit water so u can drink water.
    c)oil can d)rock e)spade
    wood and leafs to make bed and shelther.
    rope, a net to fich with
    cement.
    advanced electronics to make better armore and stasis field and so on.
    armord metal for a base that cannot be harmd by melee attacks and verry littele from spider rangde attack.

MULTIKILL.
    #
    cobra_banshee 18 years ago
    spade? Dont you mean shovel?
    #
    Sao_Opp 18 years ago
    wel if u can dig by hand whit it, yes ops: ops: ops: ops:
    #
    burgerking 18 years ago
    "Cobra_Banshee" said:
    spade? Dont you mean shovel?
    They are both the same thing... aren't they?

I think that there should be the option to have a Notrium cd player (replaces game music with CD when a cd is in the drive)! that way u could have a CD playing and Notrium at the same time (coz alt tabbing to change tracks doesn't work/pain in [censored]). put in hotkeys to toggle tracks and volume and you have a CD player in Notrium!
    #
    DiXiE 18 years ago
    Why cd player in notrium? Why don't you use winamp with hotkeys like me?
    I think that it is good idea to make ability to sleep. Or have to sleep But that will need lot of new stuff, like shelters (building in whole) ...
    #
    burgerking 18 years ago
    because:
    1: uses extra memory.
    2: I dont have winamp.
    3: Windows media player hotkeys dont work unless the widow is active/triggers notrium hotkeys.
    i rest my case.
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    I'd rather have a separate Notrium radio netstream where a live DJ would play Notriumish music 24h per day.
    #
    burgerking 18 years ago
    LoL. some of us aren't on the net 24-7.
    I think it would be good to have a notrium CD player or MP3 player!!
    How cool would it be to be gunning down marines with a VC pistol to Nirvana-Smells like teen Spirit??
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Could it be possible to make them mods compatible with patches?

As in there would be a .dat file (Just one more, promise! ) called patches.dat that would be holding a list of batches for that mod, and there would either be a folder to hold the .dat files containing the patch, or the .dat files would have some additional string of text (patch1, patch2, etc. or something like that) and the list of those patches that are installed to that mod would be selectable in the new game thingy.

I personally like the idea, although I think it would be VERY difficult to add...

Plus I suck at explaining...
    #
    Fusion 18 years ago
    "ville" said:
    I'd rather have a separate Notrium radio netstream where a live DJ would play Notriumish music 24h per day.

Urge..to..build..sniper rifle..rising
    #
    E_net4 18 years ago
    Hi everybody(and every corpse)!

I've got a greeeaat idea for Notrium: PLANTING!!!
    We could get seeds and plant them to make trees or other plants.
    The plant could grow, grow, grow, and finnaly... a big plant
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    I know! FARMS! You place a "Plot of Farmland" on the ground, and then you use the seed to the type of food you want on the farm and BING! In the next minute spent in the area, the farm will turn into a "Harvestable Farm" and then you pick up the farm and you have HORDES of food, but you need to make another farm. The farms should be hard to make, like 20 sticks, 2 fertilizer (Dirt x 5 + water) and a peanut*! You should be able to add more than one of the seed to the farm. (The farm should multiply that number by 26 and give you that when you harvest it. Any number that gives a result that dosen't have 0s in the end of it will work.)

*Replace peanut with name of seed if you want, peanut just sounds funny
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Something like that has been done in the Forsaken II mod.
    #
    How about backwards-compatibility?

Some of the greatest mods ever made for the Notrium series were for 1.2. So if there will never be an updater then why not add backwards compatibility for ONLY the mods? (I say ONLY because for every release you say the old saves no longer work.) It'd problably be a lot of work but i'm sure if you mesh the original and enhanced codes you could achieve backwards-compatibility; or maybe just putting both sets of codes in and having it detect which of the two it is?

Unfortunately I get the feeling you tried to do this before even releasing the original 1.3 and failed.
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    You guess correctly. It is a very different mechanic that drives 1.3, the old mods wouldn't work no matter what I did.
    #
    Odaisn 18 years ago
    um, theres no way to dload previous versions of notrium except the current one right?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Odaisn" said:
    um, theres no way to dload previous versions of notrium except the current one right?

If you can't find the prev. versions anywhere, then no, there is no way to download the previous versions.

I have version 1.2, if you're insterested...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Odaisn" said:

If you can't find the prev. versions anywhere, then no, there is no way to download the previous versions.

I have version 1.2, if you're insterested...
    I think several people have put older versions up for download.

Finding them is another matter altogether...
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    "Odaisn" said:

I'm not distributing them, mainly because I don't want to confuse first time downloaders. Maybe I could put up a little page for them, though I don't actually have the old versions myself.
    #
    MaCa 18 years ago
    Okay, there has been an idea of possibility to rest as Human. I think all characters should have this ability, but it could be a bit different for different characters:

Human, Alien:
    Rest allows a slow health regeneration with very low food usage level. Heat and cold effects should be a lot higher (maybe doubled), so one should find a safe place to rest. If you got attacked while you're resting, damages should be higher.

Android:
    A shutdown mode. No health respawn, but no energy usage. Could be used to spare energy within the regeneration field. In shutdown mode, it would take time to re-activate androids systems. There could be a slight delay. Getting attacked while in shutdown would result in bigger damage.

Psionic:
    Meditation. It would increace energy regeneration and allow a slow health regeneration. Food usage would be completly halt. Bigger hot/cold effect and bigger damage if attacked. Might be activated through the psionic key thingy.

Of course, this would make the game easier but in my apinion, that is required for beginners. These options might be disabled in hard level.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    A little help please? I got a problem... When I run Notrium the bar thingies and the map seems soooo big! It takes around 1/6 of my screen! Im running on 1280*1024 and I revember it to be a LOT smaller! A little but annoying thing. Any way to make it smaller without scretching my LCD into 5th dimension?

Edit: OOOPSie! Wrong topic!
    #
    Noctudeit 18 years ago
    I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, perhaps it's something I could mod myself... but I think it would be nice if your pet aliens would stop eating when they are at full health. Also, it would be nice, but less important, if your aliens would eat corpses without you having to pick them up first.

The first time I played alien, I made a nest, stocked it with 100 small blue alien corpses, and 100 blue alien corpses, and proceeded to lay about 30 brown alien eggs. However, after the first one hatched, it immediately ate all of the Blue alien corpses leaving none for it's brothers.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    eheheh, you have to spread them. It'll eat the entire stack if you're not careful.
    #
    Railgunz! 18 years ago
    i think that at night aliens should spawn in your area and if your immoblie for a while then they should come DIERECTLY to you and attack you... that woud give you a reason for making turrets/ barriers/ walls.

and a sniper scope for the sniper pistol and a secret marine stripclub for when you... nevermind...
    #
    Noctudeit 18 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    eheheh, you have to spread them. It'll eat the entire stack if you're not careful.

Even if I spread them out, the first alien to hatch will go around consuming all of the corpses leaving none for the rest.

I guess my real question, is if there's any way I could edit a .dat file to change this behavior.

I would like to create a massive stockpile of corpses at my nest so after a large raid against VC or the missile base, I can just lead my pets to the nest and let them all heal up.
    #
    gold kiros 18 years ago
    HI! IM BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!
    Anyway i just got back to notrium and all this Coormon game is going on and lost about it.
    Well anyway I believe each race should be true to its call.

Psionic: its a floating ball of stuff with eyes and a brain. Needs a shield that can absorb damage, before it chews the actual health, gotten through a portal or found in Eden. Recharges over a stasis field or very slowly over time. maybe a teleportation spell for it. i sopport it having its unique ending.

Alien: It should be able to drastically chane its form even more. if wanted it could morph into a speedy but less armor alien, and more food consumption. It could have fast attacks limited to one unit at a time. has far range with status attacks. poison, berserk, turn ally, paralyze and such.

or take the path of a heavy unit. be able to absorb lotsa damage and higher def. rating. less food consumption but attacks should be slow but be a splash dmage. more orriented on knockback or a special shield. front be near invulnerable for 10 secs. " more orriented meele.

Maybe stay more balanced and pick the larger version of the green guy but more orriented on survival. some unique abilities for survial alien.

Human: they are remarkable for thier versatality and make due with what they have. exo skeltons, wood armor and metal plates and such. implants. got from dead marines.

maybe get a special marine suit but requieres parts to be made. helmet provides light, legs mean more stabilty(no knockback) body more armor rating. even built in wrist gun with a special rifle.

or same parts to make a survivalist suit. immune to temp, energy boosted, powerd by solar panel but at the end of the night cycle the suit would have 15 energy left of 200. something liek that. more carrying space. even the ability to jetpack.

only race to build a small shuttle to run around. and only race to make a renewable repair torch.

Android: obiously upgrades, a renewable batterie eventually. but takes enrgy like a "beep" during night time. enough to survive but not die. have itself integrated with a terminal in ville corp some where. it would make all robots not atttack him but not controllable.
    turn off ville corps differnt electronics.

Anyway thats it for the races and please consider what i said.

before i go why not the opurtunity to have a base with plenty of featerures. i.e doors with levels, factory, sentry guns and stuff against the spawnable enmeies where you build it. OR why not a lost base whcih u find an have for yourself underground!!
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "gold kiros" said:
    Psionic: its a floating ball of stuff with eyes and a brain.

AFAIK, the Psionic doesn't actually float; it kinda jumps a bit and then glides through the air for a short distance. I mean, that's basically how Quanrian described it (not floating nor walking, but something in between the two)...
    #
    What!? He said that!? Hmm... I always thought it hovered, but I guess low-altitude moonwalking isn't that bad. It problably has a weak natural floaty and a jiggly butt.
    *laughs from writing that last sentence*
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    I recall the conversation. Someone was mentioning that the Psionic aught to just float over rocks n' stuff, but Quan said something like, "No, it doesn't float. It bounces." If you look at the footsteps you can see that the Psionic bounces from spot to spot.
    #
    HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
    Holy crap. I can just imagine a tellytubby-like movement, bouncing up and down, accompanied by babyish squeals of delight.

Good thing Notrium is top-down.

But I think that explanation has more to do with a random decision to have the Psionic leave footprints than anything else. I would think that the Psionic hovers barely above the ground and shunts aside trails as he moves.
    #
    Cyclone 18 years ago
    How about a scout bot.You could build it out of...a powered accelerator,motion detector,pistol/laser pistol,and an antigrav module.Oops,almost forgot about a repair unit.
    You could use it to scout ahead a trail.It could shoot with the pistol(of course),and if it's about to die,you could use the repair unit for the battery discharge and detonate it.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    How would you scout ahead?
    #
    ...And how would you get the 1 out of only 2 antigravs in the entire game back?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Maybe we should think about making Antigrav devices buildable somehow.
    #
    Perhaps we could modify Werivar to include an antigrav factory chip! And while you're at it, a potato chip!
    #
    Forum » Got a great idea for the game? Tell us here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: