Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a great idea for the game? Tell us here!
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • » next
  • Got a great idea for the game? Tell us here!

    Quanrian 11 years ago
    "ville" said:
    "Casanova" said:
    Another useful option would be to add a condition that checks if a creatures of some class are nearer than X pixels.

    That should be an easy one.

    If possible could you work this into the existing condition 14 ? My suggestion as stated before was simply to make negative numbers read as creature classes and positive numbers read as creature types. This way you get double the use out of an existing effect.
    #
    Casanova 11 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:

    You don't need an effect to change a creature's eat item. Eat items actually are a relic since you can have a creature interact with ANY item the same way they do an eat item and if you so desire even keep track of it with a bar the creature has. For a prime example of a creature using multiple eat item types refer to the hermit in the default game. You will in fact find it uses several different items, not just a single eat item, all for separate interactions. To disable or temporarily disable the use of the eat item you'd simple use a toggle of some sort, probably with a bar as well, checking if the bar is a value before they can interact with that particular item (eat item).

    I need to use the eat items since they automatically make creatures walk towards them, but the problem is that they keep eating the same thing infinitively. I if could change this, asigning patrol routes could be possible.
    #
    Quanrian 11 years ago
    "Casanova" said:
    I need to use the eat items since they automatically make creatures walk towards them, but the problem is that they keep eating the same thing infinitively. I if could change this, asigning patrol routes could be possible.

    That as well can be done without a new eat item. You simply change them into a creature that uses a different eat item but looks exactly the same. You than use a timer in the creature's effect blocks to change them back automatically back or even have it progress through other creatures so you could have it follow a distinct path in order of the 'waypoints' you set. I realize you'll probably say well that isn't convenient, however I'm just saying it 'can' be done with the existing build of Notrium. Sticking to simply one waypoint will keep things slim.

    Have you ever thought of using creatures that are destroyed automatically as waypoints ?? That might be worth trying as well as it may provide you with some interesting results that you could not obtain with using eat items.
    #
    burgerking 11 years ago
    Could you make the game so that certain items show up for different species Eg. No weapon items for alien, no items for psionic? I know more batteries and computer units show up if you are the andriod.
    Or what about different starting places for the different species, specially the psionic. Or will this just make the game size bigger and take too long?
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    Not at all, that would be easy to do in a mod. The regular game doesn't do that of course, it would be very difficult to find out the differences in the game for all the player races.

    A new starting place was planned for the Psionic originally, but we didn't have time to put it in the game in September.
    #
    burgerking 11 years ago
    No, I don't want to make a mod. I just wanted to know if you could do it.
    #
    Penta 11 years ago
    More random area's withoud ville corp in it. The planet seems very high populated for an olmost deserted planet.
    And an handcart to cary far more items. It's nice if you want to move al your stuff to your base. But using it you can't use weapons.
    #
    Crowley 11 years ago
    I find it strange how the hoverbike is slowed down by terrain so much since it's supposed to be HOVERING.
    #
    Marevix 11 years ago
    "Crowley" said:
    I find it strange how the hoverbike is slowed down by terrain so much since it's supposed to be HOVERING.

    What does that have to do with ideas for the main game?
    #
    LunaticNeko 11 years ago
    he was meant:

    The bike should be ABOVE the lava and such.


    Then mine:

    Alternate Fire for weapon please.
    #
    Crowley 11 years ago
    Would it be possible to randomize how the areas are arranged from the current inverted T-shape? Also it would be nice if the name of the current area didn't obscure the map.
    #
    Marevix 11 years ago
    At the moment the map placement isn't capable of randomization, but if it's the world map's shape that's bugging you then you might want to try my mod (a link's in my sig).
    #
    Doogsy 11 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    At the moment the map placement isn't capable of randomization
    It is capable, but it is in the inverted T shape because it makes the game easier for begginers
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    "Doogsy" said:
    because it makes the game easier for begginers
    No, an inverted cross makes the game easier for begginers.
    #
    Anonymous1157 11 years ago
    I created this on a different topic about 3 minutes ago and I thought I should put it here. It's a perfect idea!

    Continuing on with the Android Upgrade Mini-topic, yes he should be able to upgrade himself. Once he is completely upgraded, he should be able to power himself with a self-powered powerplant. You'd need a jolt of energy defined by a script to get it going, and then you could essentially wipe out everything without thinking about your power again... Essentially a super-huge never-run-out battery that recharges itself since you're self-powered. Maybe 2000% and a 1%-p/second increase? And a powerplant that needs 10 computer units, 6 glass tubes, Ether for half of the jumpstart, 2 battery extensions, and a new object: Wiring! 14 of those.

    If you want more data on that, see the corresponding general topic.
    #
    Drago^ 11 years ago
    New alien that use biiger and better eletronical attack then brown ones and when its killed and you eat (or semething...) you will get power like 40 (yeah, bad idea ).
    #
    Kehno 11 years ago
    Here we go:

    As someone mentioned already, the hoverbike shouldn't be slowed down by anything. I think the same goes for the psionic. He(?) doesn't seem to have feet so I suppose he(?)'s floating. And for the same reason he(?) shouldn't leave footprints. I think that would make the psionic a tiny bit easier to play, too. It still couldn't fight very well but it could flee a bit faster.

    There should be at least one exclusive ending for each character. It's not too rewarding to play a psionic just to get the very same endings you achieved as an alien. And the comm area ending should not be available to the alien, it's just ridiculous. Who would land on a hostile planet just to pick up a very, very frustrated alien, anyway?

    The spider area could be a lot bigger and a great deal more interesting.

    It would be cool if the hive area had some underground cavern areas, too, and the Queens would be on the bottom of the caverns. Would make it much harder to beat them if there was, like, a cave swarming with reapers blocking the way (okay, maybe not exactly swarming and maybe not only reapers. Got a bit excited. ).

    Alien should have one more evolution objective: to have a brood of her own. That's what she's dreaming about, after all. So she should get an army of, say, 50 brown aliens and this would result in an ending. Her brood would take over Notrium and flourish and her name would be feared and remembered for ages and so on.

    Oh, almost forgot: those aliens need better A.I.! I hate it when those juicy yummy brown aliens try to attack me over lava and die there. Same with friendly aliens. So if they were smart enough to go around the lava lake, not through, and to get out of it (if spawned in lava) the shortest way possible, I'd be graceful.

    I think that was it for now. Phew.
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    "Kehno" said:
    I think the same goes for the psionic. He(?) doesn't seem to have feet so I suppose he(?)'s floating. And for the same reason he(?) shouldn't leave footprints.

    The psionic doesn't float per se, it bounces, as Quanrian mentioned at some point.
    #
    Kehno 11 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    The psionic doesn't float per se, it bounces, as Quanrian mentioned at some point.


    Oh, okay. Thanks for the info.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    "Kehno" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    The psionic doesn't float per se, it bounces, as Quanrian mentioned at some point.


    Oh, okay. Thanks for the info.
    After all, if it just floated, what good would dashing do?
    #
    UberWaffe 11 years ago
    Talking from a modder's point of view I would like to see two conditions added to the next version. One that checks if a bar is bigger than a certain PERCENTAGE and one that checks if it is lower than a certain PERCENTAGE. Those would be helpful. Especially since I use a level up system in my mod, so the maximums always change making it hard to work with numbers. Specialities 6 and 7 of the player_races.dat is somewhat like that. But I am talking of conditions you could use in the other files. (Scripts.dat in particular.)
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:
    Talking from a modder's point of view I would like to see two conditions added to the next version. One that checks if a bar is bigger than a certain PERCENTAGE and one that checks if it is lower than a certain PERCENTAGE. Those would be helpful. Especially since I use a level up system in my mod, so the maximums always change making it hard to work with numbers. Specialities 6 and 7 of the player_races.dat is somewhat like that. But I am talking of conditions you could use in the other files. (Scripts.dat in particular.)
    One work around is to have a different script for every bar size.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 11 years ago
    Yes, those two would be extremely usefull and I have mentioned them several times, because they would be invaluable to me for my mod.
    Ville, are they on your list?
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Ville, are they on your list?
    What? He has a list?
    #
    Casanova 11 years ago
    And add the option to change a creature's AI for a certain time? please?
    #
    Marevix 11 years ago
    "Doogsy" said:
    "Marevix" said:
    At the moment the map placement isn't capable of randomization
    It is capable, but it is in the inverted T shape because it makes the game easier for begginers

    I meant the shape can't be randomized (i.e. we can't have an inverted m one game and a z the next)

    The inverted T is not as easy for new players as a regular square because you have to cross through the hive to get to certain levels.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    "Casanova" said:
    And add the option to change a creature's AI for a certain time? please?
    Can't you already do that? I beleive Opposing Force has something like this...
    #
    Casanova 11 years ago
    Yes but the new AI stays that way forever, and i want it to revert back to normal without having every single creature have a AI reset check in its timed block. I guess this would slow things too much.
    #
    Quanrian 11 years ago
    "Casanova" said:
    Yes but the new AI stays that way forever, and i want it to revert back to normal without having every single creature have a AI reset check in its timed block. I guess this would slow things too much.

    You'd use this condition

    19=creature's AI tactic parameter0 (0=primary, 1=secondary) is parameter1


    That way you'd only change the ones back that are different.
    #
    Casanova 11 years ago
    But how could I set it so the effect lasts a certain number of seconds? Setting the timed block to run every # will result in random effect times.
    #
    Doogsy 11 years ago
    I remeber asking Ville to change effect 46 (change creatures AI) to be similar to effect 22 (change creatures time for time x with visual effect y) and I remeber him saying it wasn't hard and he was going to do it. Maybe he forgot.
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    "Doogsy" said:
    I remeber asking Ville to change effect 46 (change creatures AI) to be similar to effect 22 (change creatures time for time x with visual effect y) and I remeber him saying it wasn't hard and he was going to do it. Maybe he forgot.

    Maybe I did, or maybe I already did it. I made some changes to the effect so it now takes a time. It's behaviour has changed a bit, but you can work around it.

    The percentage conditions wouldn't be too difficult, I'll list them for the time being.
    #
    UberWaffe 11 years ago
    "ville" said:
    The percentage conditions wouldn't be too difficult, I'll list them for the time being.

    I'll be very glad when they arrive. It will allow me to lose over 20 unwanted scripts.
    Are the listed items scheduled for the next version, or some later date? Just want to know when to expect all of the newly added additions to the game.
    #
    Arcane 11 years ago
    Why not summon a Alien, Psionic, Android, and Human for each game, and have it be the other characters? I mean, each character is 'understandable', storywise. the Alien is all the rests' enemies, the Psionic could have gone into a semi-trance, the Android might be buggy, and the Human might not recognize the other characters. o.o
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:
    I'll be very glad when they arrive. It will allow me to lose over 20 unwanted scripts.
    Are the listed items scheduled for the next version, or some later date? Just want to know when to expect all of the newly added additions to the game.

    I usually list most of the stuff anyone says here. Every once in a while I get an afternoon off, and have time to work on my game projects. So what I do is I choose the idea that has the most merit in my opinion (considering how many people have requested it), then I implement it.

    This means no idea is guaranteed to be done. I usually do bugfixes first. Right now I'm prioritizing requests from merited modders. Considering that Zex and you have both requested it, and some people already a while ago, it has a high probability of getting in.

    About timing I couldn't say. It really depends on how much free time I have. A few weeks at the least. If you really need it, I might release an executive for you if/when the percent conditions get in.
    #
    Forum » Got a great idea for the game? Tell us here!
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: