Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

    ZeXLR8er 11 years ago
    Use this thread for questions regarding Notrium. Do not post questions related to Modding or Bugs, please use the appropriate places for them.

    If your question merits a separate thread, feel free to create one. For simple questions with simple answers, please use this thread.

    Do read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) before asking anything. We will be updating it as need be, and there's a good chance your question may already have been answered.
    #
    slyvenafan 11 years ago
    I was wondering if I should post this in the notrium modding thread or if I should put it here so I will put it here. I was wondering if I could go into the Notrium game file and change a few lines in a certain document so my guy had unlimited heath, energy, food and alll that stuff? If I can can someone show me what file and what to change thanks in advance!
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    For the health I recommend deleting the "player dies due to lack of health" script. For the other ones, just either make the bars grow all the time or a script that makes the bar shrink (if there is one, that is).
    #
    slyvenafan 11 years ago
    Thank you for telling me that but how the heck would I do that I am thick when it comes to scripting and that stuff. In Notrium 1.2 all I did was went into creatures.dat then edited the health line and voila unlimited health but that line doesn't seem to exist.
    #
    burgerking 11 years ago
    You can edit all that stuff if you download Jan's file viewer. It is pretty easy to use and edit the game files. you could also find the appropiate .dat file in the data folder and edit it with notepad.
    #
    slyvenafan 11 years ago
    Can someone just tell what file to edit and what part of it to edit please? I can't find the line i edited before so can someone tell what to do to get unlimited health and unlimited food? Thanks
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    To delete the dying script, go to scripts.dat. If you find the other scripts I mentioned, just delete them. If not, you go to player_races.dat and edit the bars, which are in the speciality section.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    If you want a god-mode type thing, add the following specialties to your player_races.dat to auto-regen health and energy. It could be done for food too.

      recharge energy;//description
    6;//specialty
    0;//difficulty level
    none;//message
    1;//parameter0
    1;//parameter1
    1;//parameter2
    (insert a number here);//parameter3
    recharge health;//description
    6;//specialty
    0;//difficulty level
    none;//message
    0;//parameter0
    1;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    (insert a number here);//parameter3


    This is what I use when I want to test something without the hassle of dying/running out of power.
    #
    iceman 11 years ago
    i was wondering if it was suposed to take so long befor your alen gets to a good evolution? i can only get him to the acid spit ect lvl and it takes me forever to get there! WHY??!??
    #
    Quanrian 11 years ago
    "iceman" said:
    i was wondering if it was suposed to take so long befor your alen gets to a good evolution? i can only get him to the acid spit ect lvl and it takes me forever to get there! WHY??!??

    It takes longer if you don't do what specifically evolves it. The requirement changes from one level to another. So make sure to look at your journal to check what you should be doing to evolve. The first two are very easy, just stay well fed, this is actually good to learn anyways. So the first two evolutions sort of train you for the Alien in general.
    #
    iceman 11 years ago
    i know that, it just takes me ages too eat all the blue aliens ect
    #
    mbojan 11 years ago
    YA...

    I am new player to Notrium...BLABLABLA... YAPYAP YAP...
    check out my topic .

    BUT to stay in line for this topic,i want a few questions sorted out,so if anyone has the time and expiriance to tell me,please look at my topic "...million questions" and, if possible,answer them for me. Any who do this THANKS. If you are new yourself,look and see some of the answers yourself.

    THE WRITER IS SORRY IF THE MESSAGE SOUNDED LIKE ADVERTISING. IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO A QUESTION AND/OR WANT TO DROP A BIT INFO,IT WILL BE APRICEATED.DO NOT BE ASHAMED TO LOOK UP A TIP FOR THE GAME OR INFO ABOUT ABILITIES,CARACTERS,ITEMS OR AREAS. FREELY ASK SOME QUESTIONS YOURSELF. I WILL PUT UP MINE AT A DAILY RATE,EXPECT FOR WEEKENDS.PLEASE DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS THAT ARE NOT TOPIC RELATED. WE APOLOGISE AGAIN IF IT SOUNDED LIKE ADVERTISING.
    #
    mbojan 11 years ago
    O.K. until someone comes to my topic,please tell me about the alien

    NOW i know it's a she.But tell me this:

    how can she make eggs(that is,how can I make her lay eggs)?

    Do the children need to be fed?

    Can I control them (the cildren)?

    do i need a special item or to be at a special place to lay eggs? ops:

    IF POSIBLE,ANSWER THIS QUESTION QUICKLY BUT WITH DETAIL.
    #
    Toko 11 years ago
    she can make egg after she has grown.(1100 exp points)
    the children need to be feed.(stands what in the jurnol)
    they will follow you to the end.

    edit: the nest need 5 wood and must be placed in a swamp
    edit2: breeding makes her hungry so be carful so you don't starve her...
    #
    mbojan 11 years ago
    Got a tip for a good location thats , ya know , safe?
    will they run away if there isn't a wall or something?
    how long will it take me to get so much expirience?

    #
    Toko 11 years ago
    "mbojan" said:
    Got a tip for a good location thats , ya know , safe?
    will they run away if there isn't a wall or something?
    how long will it take me to get so much expirience?

    a good location...ship gravyjard...a realy good one there(lot of food and swamps), the jurnal says what you must do to get it, the first 50 are just stay alive rest stands in the game. and the laste ones, just stay in the hive.
    #
    UberWaffe 11 years ago
    If you are up for a challenge then I suggest once you have a few alien kids you make a new nest in the hive sector. Yes, it is hard but if you get a few turrets to defend the nest you are pretty much assured of a near infinite food supply. The enemy aliens respawn and your turrets will kill most that get close to your nest. Add to that the ones you hunt and you'll have more than enough for you and your kids. (You'll be able to get a big brood very quickly.) But only try it once you feel you are strong enough.
    #
    eug1404 11 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:
    If you are up for a challenge then I suggest once you have a few alien kids you make a new nest in the hive sector. Yes, it is hard but if you get a few turrets to defend the nest you are pretty much assured of a near infinite food supply. The enemy aliens respawn and your turrets will kill most that get close to your nest. Add to that the ones you hunt and you'll have more than enough for you and your kids. (You'll be able to get a big brood very quickly.) But only try it once you feel you are strong enough.
    My first nest was in the hive, on the left edge, i was able to raise 8 Brown Aliens there, then i took my brood and conquered both alien queens .
    #
    Doogsy 11 years ago
    I think making one in the hive is the easiest place. I tried making one in eden but after I made it I realised there was absolutley no food in this area to feed my young. I think eden is the hardest to make a nest.
    #
    mbojan 11 years ago
    "Toko" said:
    "mbojan" said:
    Got a tip for a good location thats , ya know , safe?
    will they run away if there isn't a wall or something?
    how long will it take me to get so much expirience?

    a good location...ship gravyjard...a realy good one there(lot of food and swamps), the jurnal says what you must do to get it, the first 50 are just stay alive rest stands in the game. and the laste ones, just stay in the hive.

    What about walls? will they run away,or can I command them to stay? What do you mean by "the first 50 are just stay alive , rest stands in the game. and the laste ones,just stay in the hive"
    TALK WITH SENSE,MAN
    #
    Toko 11 years ago
    "mbojan" said:
    "Toko" said:
    "mbojan" said:
    Got a tip for a good location thats , ya know , safe?
    will they run away if there isn't a wall or something?
    how long will it take me to get so much expirience?

    a good location...ship gravyjard...a realy good one there(lot of food and swamps), the jurnal says what you must do to get it, the first 50 are just stay alive rest stands in the game. and the laste ones, just stay in the hive.

    What about walls? will they run away,or can I command them to stay? What do you mean by "the first 50 are just stay alive , rest stands in the game. and the laste ones,just stay in the hive"
    TALK WITH SENSE,MAN
    off topic: i never make sens....

    yes you can command them, and they won't leve you.
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    "mbojan" said:
    "Toko" said:
    "mbojan" said:
    Got a tip for a good location thats , ya know , safe?
    will they run away if there isn't a wall or something?
    how long will it take me to get so much expirience?

    a good location...ship gravyjard...a realy good one there(lot of food and swamps), the jurnal says what you must do to get it, the first 50 are just stay alive rest stands in the game. and the laste ones, just stay in the hive.

    What about walls? will they run away,or can I command them to stay? What do you mean by "the first 50 are just stay alive , rest stands in the game. and the laste ones,just stay in the hive"
    TALK WITH SENSE,MAN

    He's talking about the evolving thingy. The first 50 points come from keeping your food over a certain amount. The next ones come from killing certain aliens.
    #
    Doogsy 11 years ago
    I've always wondered what the loading screen image (with the cogs and gears etc) has got to do with notrium.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    He's talking about the evolving thingy. The first 50 points come from keeping your food over a certain amount. The next ones come from killing certain aliens.
    Er, no. The first 50 come from just staying alive. Then the next 50 are from keeping your food up. Then all the rest is killing.
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    "Doogsy" said:
    I've always wondered what the loading screen image (with the cogs and gears etc) has got to do with notrium.

    Nothing whatsoever. I saved time by using an older 3D scene I had made for a completely different project.
    #
    Toko 11 years ago
    well its nice....like an old mine tool...
    #
    Elefaant 11 years ago
    I admit that I am new to this game since I only played it for a week or so, but how does the "devour" function of the alien work? Is there a special key? And does the nest my alien is building have no graphics(is invisible) or is that a graphics problem of my computer(bcause it says you built a nest, but there's nothing on the screen)?
    #
    Toko 11 years ago
    "Elefaant" said:
    I admit that I am new to this game since I only played it for a week or so, but how does the "devour" function of the alien work? Is there a special key? And does the nest my alien is building have no graphics(is invisible) or is that a graphics problem of my computer(bcause it says you built a nest, but there's nothing on the screen)?
    i cant answer the last one but you just push U and need a small alien corpse for it to work
    #
    Elefaant 11 years ago
    okay thx
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    "Elefaant" said:
    I admit that I am new to this game since I only played it for a week or so, but how does the "devour" function of the alien work? Is there a special key? And does the nest my alien is building have no graphics(is invisible) or is that a graphics problem of my computer(bcause it says you built a nest, but there's nothing on the screen)?
    Devour's greatest weakness is that it has no quick key, but just look at it in your inventory and press the use key.
    #
    eug1404 11 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Elefaant" said:
    I admit that I am new to this game since I only played it for a week or so, but how does the "devour" function of the alien work? Is there a special key? And does the nest my alien is building have no graphics(is invisible) or is that a graphics problem of my computer(bcause it says you built a nest, but there's nothing on the screen)?
    Devour's greatest weakness is that it has no quick key, but just look at it in your inventory and press the use key.
    Though that's a small price to pay for such an incredibly powerfull ability.
    #
    Marevix 11 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Devour's greatest weakness is that it has no quick key, but just look at it in your inventory and press the use key.

    That can be solved by delving into items.dat and assigning one yourself.
    #
    Quanrian 11 years ago
    Just be aware that one of the side effects of Devour is temporarily reduced speed. So using it with a quick key during a battle can quite possibly get you killed You'll probably also have to get into your inventory to see how many corpses you have left as well since such is not shown.
    #
    burgerking 11 years ago
    but the alien is so fast it really doesnt matter that much. maybe make it slow u down more? neway just use rage to counter it.
    #
    B0rsuk 11 years ago
    Why even counter it ? If they want to come close to you, let them. Especially in werivar mod, where alien is a tank instead of stealthy predator. If it prevented claws from being used I could reconsider.

    Marines are another story, but there aren't likely to be many blue alien corpses among marines. Except for one place, at least.
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: