Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    So you're saying that 1.3 was more forgiving to errors in the files?
    I think what MK meant was that it works on 1.3 because it was MADE for it, and now that the structure of them fileses has changed a bit (or something), it MAEKS TEH ERR0RZ to the files in the newest version (1.341, IIRC).
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    He was supposedly working on a sequel but dropped it. If only there was a way to make the headers change colors in Dreamweaver... and NML2 snippets. That'd be cool.
    #
    CrazyEvo9 17 years ago
    hi everyone
    I'm new to the game so can someone recommend a good weapon for a start? I'm still at the ruins
    My only weapon currently is the fist (I'm human).
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Whichever weapon falls most quickly to hand.

There's a taser hidden amongst some rocks in the vicinity of the ruins and a pistol chassis just above the north-east corner of the hermits hut, but you'll have to get a powered accelerator to fix the pistol.
    #
    Lord of the Harvest 17 years ago
    Your basic weapons are:

Tazor
    (found to the bottom left of the hermit's hut, just keep walking and you'll find and X of rock, click on the middle one, and VOILLA! you'll need to use battery to use the tazor)

Pistol
    (Get the pistol chassis from the large tree to the top right of the hut, then get a particle accelerator from the ship cemetary, then an energy unit (combine a fuel cell and fuel converter) Combine the particle accelwrator with the energy unit, then the powered accelerator with the pistol chassis, note, you'll need bullets to fire)

Pebble Shotgun
    (Get a POWERED accelerator, mentioned above, and combine it with a long mental rod, found everywhere. You'll need pebbles to use it)

Radiator (It sucks)
    (A powered accelerator W a fuel cell. I can't remember what it uses, I think it's energy.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Radiator is actually great. I always use it in the dried up marsh, its an ant killer.
    #
    CrazyEvo9 17 years ago
    thanks
    I got the pistol chassis and tazor. I haven't found the powered accelerator yet but I found a couple of diodes in the missile base area and combined it with an energy unit to make a laser pistol. There seems to be a base in the middle of the area guarded by laser turrets and robots. The laser pistol seems kind of weak- I need about 4-5 shots to take out a robot(which is annoying but I haven't tried killing an alien with it), and this kills too much battery energy too. And before I'm even done with a single 'bot, I find hordes of robots after me!!
    Can I find something useful in the missile base, which is really worth killing the 'bots and turrets for??

EDIT:: Whats this 'hover-bike' some people talk about?? Does it exist and how can it built/obtained??
    #
    EDIT:: Whats this 'hover-bike' some people talk about?? Does it exist and how can it built/obtained??
    A hoverbike is a thing that is used to move about the world fast

You need the blueprints(found in the dried up marsh) and 5 long metal rods, 2 antigrav devices,(kill the huge robots in the center of the desert to get them)1 flamethrowever (lighter+glass tube+Specimen container+long metal rod) Use the blueprints and you have a hoverbike!

Use the hoverbike key card(you'll get one when you make the bike) when near the bike, and drive away!

Can I find something useful in the missile base, which is really worth killing the 'bots and turrets for??
    You'll get the two antgrav devices and quite a few other things in the missile base. The antigravs also(if you don't make them into a hoverbike) increase the weight you can carry

haven't found the powered accelerator yet
    If the ship cemetary is not directcly arcross or up from the ruins (where you start) then go up, then up again and through the hive (keep to the side and turn off your flashlight) You'll then reach another place. If this isn't the cemetary, then go up again.

@ anyone whose been here for a while: Is telling him this considered a spoiler?
    #
    CrazyEvo9 17 years ago
    I 'stormed' the missle base with my laser pistol...I managed to destroy the laser turrets(they seem to be weak) and some attacking robots.
    You'll get the two antgrav devices and quite a few other things in the missile base.

I couldn't find any antigravs!! Or perhaps I couldn't completely search the base bacause of the rocket launchers...my laser pistol seems ineffective against them! All I found in the base were some computer units, fuel cells, food rations, ether, robot batteries(They're completely useless to humans aren't they?) and health packs...nothing amazing(I can find these almost everywhere).

My aiming seems poor as I can't kill fast moving little aliens/insectisoids with my laser pistol really well(which is why I'm not entering the Gorge to the west of the ruins in my game). I guess I'll need to sneak past the dangerous areas to make it to the Ship cemetary and grab the accelerator.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Yay! More insane people!

Cheers!

Anywho, spoiled eggs-> you'll find the two antigravs in the corpses of the giant robots. <-spoiled mustard
    #
    I couldn't find any antigravs!! Or perhaps I couldn't completely search the base bacause of the rocket launchers...
    [SPOILER]How about you KILL the "rocket launchers" (defence robots) and find out what is on their corpses... [SPOILER]
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Er.... you really should post something like that as a spoiler rather than just writing it, otherwise you ruin it for people who like to find these things out for themselves.
    #
    I forgot, I'm rather new afterall.
    #
    Whitemage 17 years ago
    Im new to Notrium, and I love the game.

But I'm in a really bad situation. I scraped together some weapons (pistol, pebble shotgun, Laser Pistol), and a Stasis Field, but I'm slowly starving to death because I stripped the land of fungus. The only thing keeping me from starving to death is the occasional foray into Ship Graveyard to hunt for Brown Alien meat. I seriously need a replicator cell to build a food generator. I already have ether, a specimen jar, and the chip from the Crash. I need the cell soon to make Rations soon, or Ill starve to death.

Any tips where I can find one? Im playing as a human in Vanilla Notrium.
    #
    Dude_Jebawe 17 years ago
    hehe. I wouldnt recomment replicators. They are hard to get, Uses up ether, and the food they make isnt very nutricious. Foraging for alien meat is more effective, Since ether is very rare and it takes allot to make just a few rations with the replicator.
    #
    I only build it to constructively dispose of the chip.
    #
    Whitemage 17 years ago
    Never mind, I found the chip. I use the food replicator because I can't find anything else to use the Ether for, I dont ever plan to use the Flamethrower. The only thing that attracts me to The Generated Rations is that they are very easy to obtain. I've never come across anything that replenishes more than 20 units of hunger, so I have to stick with those rations for the moment. What replenishes more?
    #
    Only Devouring Feast replenishes more, but that's an Alien exclusive.
    #
    CrazyEvo9 17 years ago
    I made myself a stasis field in the hermit's hut...so I don't worry about food anymore. Doesn't the stasis field replenish your food supply in Vanilla Notrium(I'm playing the original notrium)?

I currently only have a shotgun, laser pistol, and sniper pistol (it's very effective against marines). In my game, the Mining area is north of the Ancient Ruins, and further north is the Hive. Getting across the Mining area isn't very easy (I always encounter a minimum of 5 marines), and then the Hive is even worse.

Btw, can a human raise an alien brood army (just thinking!)?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "CrazyEvo9" said:
    I made myself a stasis field in the hermit's hut...so I don't worry about food anymore. Doesn't the stasis field replenish your food supply in Vanilla Notrium(I'm playing the original notrium)?

Btw, can a human raise an alien brood army (just thinking!)?
    1: Actually it just slows down the consumption of food (although for Psionic, it GIVES you food because Psionics have such a low consumption rate ).

2: I don't think you can do that. I'm not even sure if there's any aliens a human could raise in 1.3+.
    #
    CrazyEvo9 17 years ago
    2: I don't think you can do that. I'm not even sure if there's any aliens a human could raise in 1.3+.

Can a human build/raise ANYTHING(uhm...androids/robots etc)?
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    A single alien. And you can recruit the hermit.
    #
    There's much more for you to do in Werivar, which, even though it was never polished, is still an excellent replacement for the deafult mod. I practically don't use my deafult anymore.

It's highly recommended that you gain some experience in the deafult mod first, though.
    #
    JimmyJ 17 years ago
    Well, when i first got to playing notruim, i played original for a few days, then switched to werivar and never came back to original.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    "Once you go Werivar, you don't go back"

Actually, i did...
    #
    How dare you... how could you possibly... EXPLAIN YOU!
    #
    Whitemage 17 years ago
    I just started playing Werivar, and Its awesome. I started an Alien, and Im already up to killing Browns. I find that the alien is much easier to play in Werivar because all the surrounding jungle gives you a huge amount of food. That, and the hive has huge amounts of Aliens.

Im having a hell of a time with the Werivar, though. I gave the radio to the Hermit (something I probably shouldn't have done) and I badly need a replicator cell due to the Werivar's high rate of food consumption. I have no idea where to look for the components for a Stasis field, a replicator cell, or anything like that. (Also, if you could clue me in on how to get new psi abilities, that would be much appreciated as well)

EDIT:
    Okay, so I've gained a signifigant number of levels, and made a base at the very top of my Notrium map, in the Ship Graveyard. Im glad I did this, because going back there I got set upon by at least seven Dire Reapers. That sucks....

Anyway, I have a double barreled pistol, so it is actually quite easy to kill Dire Reapers, providing I have ammunition. But can I get any suggestions regarding how to increase my power/get lots of good food/good equipment? And what is the boots slot on the Character Portrait for, and where do I get that item?

Thanks.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Another thing about Werivar is that I'm pretty sure you can gain food from stasis fields if you take "reduce hunger." I could be wrong, though. Anyone played it recently that remembers? I know it works with Human...
    #
    It works in Deafult and Werivar if you don't mind leaving the game idle for a few hours. Reduce Hunger would help, but I haven't played it lately, either.
    #
    Whitemage 17 years ago
    I've solved my food problem. I spent an hour or so in the hive killing browns, swooped in with my Hoverbike and collected all of it, and then grilled all of it to come to about 900 meat. So I'm fine for a while.
    The biggest problem for me right now is getting into the bunker in Hive East (Where is the keycard? Hint?), getting the stupid Telepad to work in the Ship Graveyard, and preparing for day 30 (currently at day 27 and I just got Time Manipulation 1).

Leveling is my first and foremost concern, as my base and continued food source is already established.

Also, I found the Captain, but the only other survivors that I found were slaughtered by a battledroid in the Ship Graveyard.
    #
    CrazyEvo9 17 years ago
    Whew, I'm playing notrium again after quite a while.
    I captured the mining base and entered the bunker. And whoa!!!!!!!!! So many little blue aliens??????!!!! And marines??? AND turrets??????? I lasted for a few milliseconds.
    I tried using a shotgun, but more clouds of blue aliens jumped on to my face!
    Then...I grabbed some crystals, made some beacon ray thingy and wanted to try it out. I entered the bunker again, the aliens appeared, I used the beacon ray, killed a few aliens...then CLICK?? no more ammo? Aaah....met my untimely death on notrium.
    Help wanted.
    #
    Inane 17 years ago
    I believe I used 2 laser turrets (one undeployed, one being carried). I used V to carry one down and deployed the other as soon as I got down, and I ran to some little area where the long range thingies couldn't hit me and flamethrowered anything that got close enough to melee me or my turrets.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    IIRC the beacon ray uses crystals as ammo so make sure you have plenty of them if you want to use that weapon.
    #
    CrazyEvo9 17 years ago
    Thanks! I forgot all about my flamethrower...I had never used it, worried about wasting my ether. But this time I flamed the aliens in the bunker and ran out before the marines got to me. They followed me out too(LOL). But I managed to flee back to the hermits hut. Later I returned to the mining base and found a pink marine wandering about in the base. I flamed him too, grabbed his shuttle keycard and reached the marine mother spaceship. Is this where I can find the marine commander and end the game?

btw, I know this has been quite a mystery for a long time... but what is the ether blob for?? I flamed it with my flamethrower but lol, it suddenly approached me and tried to kill me too(before dying out eventually lol).
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    I have no idea too
    Maybe you could put them in a place, burn them and make the eneies get burned with them, but im not sure.
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: