Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

strikerlt 13 years ago
    How to quicksave the game?
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    F12.
    #
    iberianshadow 13 years ago
    Erm... I'm new to the forum, but a Notrium addict, and I just wanted to know if there are any plans for further mods or sequels to Notrium? I think the mods made so far are awesome, especially the Werivar and Werivar expansion. Kudos to the creator(s). Ive looked around and cant seem to find much for the past year or so... Any ideas?
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    There is no direct sequel to Notrium planned at the moment, but Driftmoon is the spiritual successor to the game, and support for modding therein is at least partially being driven by the overall desire to create a Notrium mod later on.

And if you want another Notrium mod, you could consider making one. It's really not that hard; I modded for Notrium 1.2 when I was, like, twelve. (But I would recommend experimenting on your own for a while before telling the world you have a mod, 'cause a lot of great ideas fall through the cracks.)

... But no, nothing big is planned for Notrium's future anymore (Except that semi-solid idea for a Driftmoon mod). The only things that it will get anymore are bug fixes and more user-generated mods.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    spiritual successor
    I really wouldn't call Driftmoon a spiritual successor to Notrium, since their gameplay is completely different.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    spiritual successor
    I really wouldn't call Driftmoon a spiritual successor to Notrium, since their gameplay is completely different.
    Actually, that depends on the definition of "spiritual". And I do agree with 1157.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I'd define it as "in the spirit of". And Driftmoon isn't
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Then prove that Driftmoon is not the spirit of Notrium. But we shouldn't be going any further with the discussion here, so we might take it elsewhere. (IRC?)
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Narvius" said:
    Then prove that Driftmoon is not the spirit of Notrium.
    Driftmoon has a different storyline, different gameplay, a different engine... the only similarity is being top-down, being moddable, and being made by Ville. That is not a spiritual successor.

Also:
    "The Wikipedia article on 'Spiritual successor'" said:
    A Spiritual successor, sometimes called a Spiritual sequel or a Companion piece, is a successor to a work of fiction which does not directly build upon the storyline established by a previous work as do most traditional prequels or sequels, but nevertheless features many of the same elements, themes, and styles as its source material.
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    Yeah, the minimap in Notrium was in a square, now it's in a circle! No, it's not a spiritual successor!
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    + different setting, different genre.
    #
    ShiftyIIs 13 years ago
    Ok, so i press (and release) "U" to activate the laser turret, but then, when i try to pick it up (by "using" it aka pressing the "U" key again) it doesn't do anything. when i rightclick it, it just changes the attack mode from sprinkler to normal (and vice versa)

I need help on this cos I wanna move my laser turret from my home [the (long dead)marine's house] to somewhere else.
    XD

EDIT:
    ops: ...<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.monkkonen.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=329&start=45">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=329&start=45</a><!-- l -->
    tells me that pressing "V" (vee) not "U" (you) picks things up...EPIC FAIL...the game says to *checks game*...(ellipses)...um...ok...In the next version (or edit/update), please make the V visually different from U. Please and thank you.

EDIT:
    Upon further reading: (on the same page)
    It is possible to "pick them up" but all that does is allow you to transport it, at a reduced walking speed. it isn't in your inventory or anything, you can't break it down...
    #
    You have to have it destroyed, then pick up and repair the corpse to pick it up in the sense that you mean.
    #
    ShiftyIIs 13 years ago
    Understood.
    (Missile base: day 32:
    Oh. wow. 2hit K.O. laser turrets via laser pistol...I no longer need to find the ingredients for them. now to build a couple repair units... XD)
    #
    IDONTBELIEVE 13 years ago
    All right. This is frustrating. I play with the android on medium.
    First of all- i got to communications array, and sounded the signal, massage told that freighter is coming my way, but my battery depleted, and i got to fight off the aliens. Which i did. And nothing happens after that. While the radio itself is gone from my inventory.

All right. Screw it. I went to mining area, where I've found a flamethrower. After that I've constructed a hoverbike. Which does not work I press K, camera moves in some corner and nothing happens. My android disappears from the screen.

edit: and by the way - planetary defence bots, are those two things that drop antigravs?
    #
    "IDONTBELIEVE" said:
    All right. This is frustrating. I play with the android on medium.
    First of all- i got to communications array, and sounded the signal, massage told that freighter is coming my way, but my battery depleted, and i got to fight off the aliens. Which i did. And nothing happens after that. While the radio itself is gone from my inventory.

All right. Screw it. I went to mining area, where I've found a flamethrower. After that I've constructed a hoverbike. Which does not work I press K, camera moves in some corner and nothing happens. My android disappears from the screen.

edit: and by the way - planetary defence bots, are those two things that drop antigravs?
    For your first statement, I think you were supposed to stick around for a few minutes. Did you already know that you were going to attract the aliens? You should have brought some supplies. In fact, you should have already been carrying enough supplies, 'cause the android is hard to play, what with having to build your own health packs and such. I myself gave up on the android after Notrium 1.3 came out (That's the big version where sweeping changes were made).

I think that second bit is a bug, but maybe someone else can get something else out of it.

Yes, the planetary defense bots are the ones with the antigrav units.
    #
    IDONTBELIEVE 13 years ago
    It's not that hard. Although I was having ship graveyard AFTER the hive. So i got rid of those queens first. Although, obviosly the game ended. So i reloaded and went by.

Hardest thing was to play Notrium without knowing that you can save game. I've noticed savegame option only on my 8 run.

But thanks, I'll try to stick for 5 minutes now. I have a lot of supplies.

Edit: Ending fired off in third time in a few minutes. But hoverbike still buggy. It seems to work, I myself moving fast on the minimap. But camera is fixed to one position, from where I see nothing, and only cursor is moving
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    That also happened to me in Werivar. It could be a bug of the latest Notrium version.
    #
    ville 13 years ago
    It is a bug. I do intend to fix it, perhaps when we find another bug I can fix at the same time.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "ville" said:
    It is a bug. I do intend to fix it, perhaps when we find another bug I can fix at the same time.
    I found another one! The game runs slow all the time!
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    "ville" said:
    I found another one! The game runs slow all the time!
    And the latest versions have splash screens!

... Seriously.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    On a serious note, I do notice a difference in performance with the latest version. And playing heavy mods like Werivar becomes a difficult task on a laptop.
    #
    ville 13 years ago
    It shouldn't be that much slower, just a few frames per second. I could have a look at that later though, if I ever again get a slow enough computer for me to test it on.
    #
    Daman 13 years ago
    I'm currently doing a lets play, and I've got a pretty important bug(though it's more of just an isssue due to the game not meant to run in that resolution I suppose).

If you set the resolution to widescreen 16:9/10 you'll get visual tearing/sticking/corruption(it's like previous frames being overlayed) among a certain amount of pixels from the bottom. When this is the resolution required for a non-distorted youtube image it sort of sucks to have to deal with it.

Figure if it's an easy fix, could you stick that in along with a fix for the rest of the stuff people have mentioned?

Oh also, I'd like to mention it only occurs to the bottom layer scenery apparently. The objects/bars/etc being drawn on top do not do this as far as I can see. Actually, that sounds like it might just be the ground texture resolution then? Perhaps simply modding the files could fix that...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/347/ripandtearripandtear.png">http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/347/ ... ndtear.png</a><!-- m -->
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    Last time I played, I got the feeling that temperature was bugged, but I didn't have an old version to double-check. I was pretty sure, however, that standing in the rain (in the first area) was supposed to cool you off, yet my temperature always rose in the rain.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Last time I played, I got the feeling that temperature was bugged, but I didn't have an old version to double-check. I was pretty sure, however, that standing in the rain (in the first area) was supposed to cool you off, yet my temperature always rose in the rain.
    You know, the rain in the Hive is hot.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    If you'd been paying attention, you would've seen me say "in the first area", as in not the Hive.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    If you'd been paying attention, you would've seen me say "in the first area", as in not the Hive.
    Well, the meaning of the first area is quite relative. It could be the space area where you escape with the pod.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Except it doesn't rain there.
    #
    I could have sworn he really meant the Old Ruins. (Except that I can't remember clearly if that's what they are called, so I didn't when I could have.)
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    The space zone is just a prologue. It doesn't count.

"Anonymous1157" said:
    I could have sworn he really meant the Old Ruins. (Except that I can't remember clearly if that's what they are called, so I didn't when I could have.)
    In other words, the first area.
    #
    tillter123 13 years ago
    how do you save ive been trying to find out but canot pls help
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Go to the menu (Esc) while playing then choose Save Game. Pick a slot, name it and press Enter.
    If this doesn't work, see here how to fix it: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.instantkingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3801">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3801</a><!-- l -->
    #
    predcon 13 years ago
    The "Survival Guide" in the manual says the Tazor is part of the Escape Pod's standard equipment. Why isn't it in the Escape Pod? And why does the Enviro Armour appear in my inventory randomly (i.e. sometimes when I land in the hermit's house it's there, and sometimes it's not, though it's appearance seems to be consistent with the number of missile hits the pod took [ 0 = it's there, 0 > it's not]).
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    1. That is probably an old description of the tazor. In previous version you had it since the beginning of the game, which was right after you left the pod.
    2. That's a feature. Not getting hit by missiles gives you bonuses depending on your race.
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: