Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

E_net4 12 years ago
    Don't call it a failure just because YOU failed to beat that part. Did you even read the journal log after entering that phase?
    #
    DoomAngelBlade 12 years ago
    OK!
    WHERE i GET PSIONIC ARMOR? WherE!? i used All ma tokens!
    All what i have - psionic Blast, and. . . . e m m m .... 2 MIND tokens...
    All what i receive at start(if ma rescue pod will be not HURT) 2 heat, 2 mass, 2 motions tokens.
    i making Blast, Mind token.
    Going TO Water Altair(LIQUID) ,completing it, Receiving Liquid Token. Making Liquid+mass= lifeforce MIND token.(ENtering That LifeForce Place(Or what))
    .... all i got -psy blast and 2 mind tokens....thats all. tell me how i get OTHER TOKENS???
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    "DoomAngelBlade" said:
    OK!
    WHERE i GET PSIONIC ARMOR? WherE!? i used All ma tokens!
    All what i have - psionic Blast, and. . . . e m m m .... 2 MIND tokens...
    All what i receive at start(if ma rescue pod will be not HURT) 2 heat, 2 mass, 2 motions tokens.
    i making Blast, Mind token.
    Going TO Water Altair(LIQUID) ,completing it, Receiving Liquid Token. Making Liquid+mass= lifeforce MIND token.(ENtering That LifeForce Place(Or what))
    .... all i got -psy blast and 2 mind tokens....thats all. tell me how i get OTHER TOKENS???

You break apart your current combinations and reassemble them differently, AFAIK.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Yes, you can break them apart. Anyone who played the tutorial would've known that.
    I don't remember the combination, just figure it out.
    #
    markob 12 years ago
    when can i lay eggs and i am new hello everyone
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Hey, welcome to the forums!

As for your question, you'll have to be more specific. If you mean laying eggs and making nests as an Alien, I'll just tell you to keep evolving. Read the journal logs explaining you what to do next.
    #
    markob 12 years ago
    i want to ask how many endings exist in notrium and what and where are they
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    I'm not sure but i do know of 3 ie,Kill both queens,or get on the escape pod and leave.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    There are more than those, and I don't think we should spoil them all here.
    #
    markob 12 years ago
    where can i get newest version of notrium
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    Exactly where youd expect.
    #
    markob 12 years ago
    in start of the game you can choose which race you would like to play it will be more cool when you can find other races in specifict places on notrium you can talk whit them and more (i forget it) and making houses or base and such

p.s. sorry about my bad english
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Uh, that isn't a question, is it?
    The original mod suggests the rest of the crew dies, leaving you as the only survivor. Other mods, such as the Werivar, decided to let them survive in their own escape pods, and so you can find some of them in Notrium. Although they will have a small base set up by the time you find them, you cannot build such bases yourself.
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Although they will have a small base set up by the time you find them, you cannot build such bases yourself.
    A bit of a correction and hint: (in the aforementioned Werivar mod) you can build better bases yourself!
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Allow me to say it in detail: You are unable to build certain props you will find in other bases, thus making you unable to build such kind of bases. Either way, it's simply better to grab a place and protect it.
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    The level of detail is increasing. We'd better stop before we spoil out the whole game
    #
    markob 12 years ago
    where can i download wewirian(i forgot how to write it) mod paste the download page becose i ve got some internet problem
    #
    Guest (guest) 12 years ago
    ok gents look i know u probably get this alot but idc i was wondering will there BE A PART 2 TO NOTRIUM i write that in caps because i just wanna know as i am a huge fan and would appreciate it if i could get a accurate answer with out any of the bullshit trash talk thank you in advance and pls keep making great games
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Guest (guest) said:
    ok gents look i know u probably get this alot but idc i was wondering will there BE A PART 2 TO NOTRIUM i write that in caps because i just wanna know as i am a huge fan and would appreciate it if i could get a accurate answer with out any of the bullshit trash talk thank you in advance and pls keep making great games

Great to hear you liked Notrium! Quite likely there will be a sequel. But it'll be a while, and it will probably depend a bit on how well our new game Driftmoon does. You can sign up for our newsletter, and I'll let you know when it's released.
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    Since that question has shown up, will Notrium 2 be:
    a) made on Driftmoon's engine?
    b) made as Driftmoon mod o_O
    c) made on separate engine, e.g. modified Driftmoon's one?
    And secondly, will it be:
    a) a sequel? (like having to return to Notrium AGAIN)
    b) a remake? (like just better graphics, more items, blah blah blah)

All that, of course, applies, only if Notrium 2 WILL BE.

Also, I'd like to hear if a Notrium-like mod (with totally similar gameplay mechanic) can be modded in Driftmoon itself (that applies to 1.b).
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Venom31 said:

Also, I'd like to hear if a Notrium-like mod (with totally similar gameplay mechanic) can be modded in Driftmoon itself (that applies to 1.b).
    In response to your first series of questions, based on things Ville has said:
    a) Yes.
    b) Sort of? I mean, there are undoubtedly going to be engine changes for Notrium 2's sake, but technically, Driftmoon is just a mod for the Driftmoon engine.
    c) Yes? A modified engine isn't a seperate engine, you know.

As for your second series, the only one who can answer those is Ville.

Also, I haven't tried modding Driftmoon yet, so I can't answer your last question either.
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    If I remember correctly, work is being done to make sure Notrium-like capabilities are available in the Driftmoon engine, such that even though Driftmoon itself never uses them, they are available to modders. What they were specifically, I don't remember, but there were at least three or four requests.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    If I remember correctly, work is being done to make sure Notrium-like capabilities are available in the Driftmoon engine, such that even though Driftmoon itself never uses them, they are available to modders. What they were specifically, I don't remember, but there were at least three or four requests.
    I also remember Ville saying certain features (I don't remember what they were) were going to wait until after Driftmoon was finished. I do not remember if those features were going to be included in Driftmoon itself (via patch).
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    I will probably make Notrium 2 using the same engine, but it won't be a Driftmoon mod in the sense that you can download it through Driftmoon. I'm really going to think hard about what kind of a game it will be. It won't be a remake. I want it to have a unique game idea, an idea that sounds so great you want to start playing immediately. A lot of time has passed since the original Notrium, so it'll have to be refreshed a bit. And I don't know how many people would actually be interested in Notrium 2 anymore. Many, or just us few. I'm going to probe a few ideas after Driftmoon's release, see what catches our imagination.

There's no reason you couldn't do a remake on Notrium as a Driftmoon mod. There are a few things missing, mostly the mouse controls are different, but I'm prepared to help any modder who wishes to make a Notrium mod into Driftmoon, since I too want to make one at some point.
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    So what's going to happen to the other Notrium 2?
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    MageKing17 said:
    Venom31 said:

In response to your first series of questions, based on things Ville has said:
    a) Yes.
    b) Sort of? I mean, there are undoubtedly going to be engine changes for Notrium 2's sake, but technically, Driftmoon is just a mod for the Driftmoon engine.
    c) Yes? A modified engine isn't a seperate engine, you know.

As for your second series, the only one who can answer those is Ville.

Also, I haven't tried modding Driftmoon yet, so I can't answer your last question either.

My congrats, Cap
    You responded and answered none of the questions, great
    This may be even going to quotes...

Kario said:
    And that adds there to 1.b) - if someone makes Notrium remake/new story as D/mod, how's that kept consistent with the official N2? I mean, UberWaffe and Nocture did a nice job in Werivar(+E) - it's a mod yet it never confronts the original story. It only adds to it; I'm not sure everyone will be that (un)definitive in N mod to D out there.
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    Kario said:
    The other Notrium 2? Do you mean Ville's official Notrium 2 versus the community-driven Driftmoon mod Notrium 2? Neither one is set in stone, so there still isn't any Notrium 2, nevermind another one.

... Unless you count Notrium3D, but it died out again. Even the website it was being organized on doesn't exist anymore, so there isn't even evidence it ever happened, save for my local copy of the SVN.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    Yeah, they killed off my website because of "infractions on the policy", and I'm currently fighting the battle to get it back. Not that I really care all that much though.
    #
    prune_man (guest) 12 years ago
    Hello everyone, new guy here. I need some help anyone. I've combined Ice Token and the other thingy to create a green focus token. (i presume its to do with the lifeforce trial i here about) anyway, when ever i use it it keeps saying "you need more Health to use this. none." I try using it in the odd places in the Eden but the same message turns up. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something but can someone offer some assistance to the problem please. Thanks
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    It's not a bug. You are supposed to overload your health meter (most preferably with life essences you have collected) until you are allowed to enter.
    Edited 12 years ago
    #
    prune_man (guest) 12 years ago
    Ah ha! I can't believe I didn't think of that. God i'm a dumbass. Now I just found out that the insectoids have a story behind them as I also mananged to get ot the void place. Is there a special token I can make to do a certain ending now that I have all these tokens?
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    Alas, no. At least not in default mod. The psionic can do even less endings than others. What a shame

P.S. Nevertheless it's such a fun character to play!

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Indeed it is. And if you're looking for a special Psionic ending... the Werivar mod has one.
    #
    Guest (guest) 11 years ago
    If you're really interested in a Notrium 2, should pass the idea to the developers to do a kickstarter. Funding and Marketing all in one.
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    That's a good option, I'll grant you. Have to remember that when the time comes.
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: