Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium modding questions/answers

Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    no, it will only replace the old files and leave the new ones. Trust us on this, it won't go wrong.

I believe what Mattyw meant was, "Will it delete those files that I edited in the old installation?", which I believe will happen.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    Oh, you mean your h4x then? In that case, just look for a file named diolog.dat in Notrium/Data/Default
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    then do i replace that with the new dialog dat file
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    I think you're supposed to replace everything else than that file.
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    dya think my alien should be the same size of the alien queens or not
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    It should be the same size as the normal blue/ice aliens. Not bigger, not smaller.
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    is there a way to make it when you complete the game you unlock a new character
    #
    UberWaffe 18 years ago
    Yes, but it will be a lot of work. I wanted to do it in my mod, to make a story based game, but it turns out it will take a lot of coding.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Please, help me a little with coding.

I plan to make a room - screenshot follows.

In those room, you are supposed to survive only with gas mask you find earlier ( wieldable on head wield slot 3 ), othervise you quickly die. I decided to do it like escape pod computers flame ( firing white clouds). But every time I try to do it I just seem to mees something up. Tell me (please ) how to make that weapon to NOT hurt player when he have gas mask wielded.

Thankyouverymuchdemocomingsoonifyouhelpme
    #
    Madgamer 18 years ago
    make the gas mask make you have like 100,000 defense

But than almost nothing can hurt you
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Just make the gas mask regenerate health at the same rate as the gas hurts the player.

No, wait, make a new bar called, let's say, toxication, and when that bar reaches 100, player starts hurting. Luckily, the gas mask is designed to reduce the toxication bar.
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    Wouldn't poisoning sound better? Oh and I like your idea Pete.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Ah I get it! The invisible creature would be shooting weapon which would increase not health bar, but other bar! Whoa, thanks guys ! Now just to get myself a weapon that WORKS and some white cloud graphic... Also some way to force that invisi creature shoot even when player is not near... I think I can solve this somehow.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Ah I get it! The invisible creature would be shooting weapon which would increase not health bar, but other bar! Whoa, thanks guys ! Now just to get myself a weapon that WORKS and some white cloud graphic... Also some way to force that invisi creature shoot even when player is not near... I think I can solve this somehow.

Invisible creature?

I was thinking more like rain or something. Well, it's your thing, not mine. Do whatever you will.
    #
    Neverending rain is usually preferrable if you want the player to take poisoning damadge everywhere he goes in this land of yours. The only prob is that unless you can assign 2 rains, you're stuck without any rain-rain and with just effect-rain. That looks like underground so you problably wont need any rain-rain anyways.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Nooo. Its in spaceship and poisoning counts and happens only in that
    /-| |-\ shaped room.
    | .... |
    \-| |-/

With rain it looks odd and gives strange results. But I think I will use it in another level...
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    With rain it looks odd and gives strange results. But I think I will use it in another level...

I think that you can make the rain invisible, or just fall very, very slowly, so it looks like it just floats.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Another help here...

I created a complicated thingie that teleports player to another area and change him to race which cannot move and is invisible. When he hits a creature which have this hit effect:

21;//effect number
    0;//parameter1
    12;//parameter2
    0;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4
    34;//effect number
    0;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    0;//parameter3
    0;//parameter4

I get teleported back vhere I should... and as human race, but I cannot move, only turn around. What the hell can possibly cause it?
    #
    I have a question. Is there a secretly secret sort of secret to getting the player to be able to move from one area to another? I can't seem to make that possible!

Here's the scenario. I'm making a mod where you're a robot and you have to destroy a hacker's computer and then get back home (That was the trivial part). I have to get from outside the compy to inside. Unfortunately I cant seem to move between areas! I put them right next to each other in the map file, with correct formatting and everything, but...
    __
    |_|
    (Pic of the minimap)

Help...
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Look in areas.dat. There should be something like this.

0;//id
    Deck 5;//name
    0;//area class
    0;//climate type, -1=random
    0;//terrain map number
    -1;//wrapping
    0;//random object density
    begin_alien_list;
    end_alien_list;
    begin_excluded_plot_object_classes;
    end_excluded_plot_object_classes;
    none;//enter area text, 'none' not to show it

(comes from my mod)

Look at the red line. You got to set the right map from editor to right area. Map.dat have numbers in, but those correspond to areas, NOT maps from editor.
    #
    That's supposed to let you go between areas? Lemmy see if it works, I might have to reupload the new version I just uploaded.

Edit: I did that already, could something else be wrong?
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Hmmmm... Well, I you dont mind, I am going to have a look on your .dat files ...
    #
    I need a better file upload provider before you can do that, I created a major update but I have a 3-meg limit! Stupid Fileshack...
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.filefactory.com/">http://www.filefactory.com/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rapidshare.de">http://www.rapidshare.de</a><!-- w -->
    #
    I already used File Factory. Pete, go ahead!
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Ehhh... Right... What about the link? Sorry, but I didnt found any search option on file factory, so I cant get it without the link.
    #
    There is a link, look in the mod's thread! Of course, the post dosent literally have a link because the URL tags are stupid, so you'll have to copy it to the address bar.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Ok. Maybe I AM stupid, but that file is hosted on file shack. And the link doesnt work... It writes file not found for me.
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    That's supposed to let you go between areas? Lemmy see if it works, I might have to reupload the new version I just uploaded.

Edit: I did that already, could something else be wrong?

what about this ... :

Missile Robot;//name---------------------------------------
    9;//identifier
    0;//class
    creature5.png;//texture
    1;//draw layer
    134;//corpse item number in items.dat, -1=nothing, -2=whole corpse vanishes when dead
    1;//corpse item amount
    0;//attack type, 0=shooting attack, 1=close combat
    19;//particle to show on radar, -1=none
    6;//primary AI tactic from AI_tactic.dat
    5;//secondary AI tactic from AI_tactic.dat
    0;//footstep particle from particles.dat
    0;//die after how many seconds, 0=doesn't die
    -1;//eat item number from items.dat, -1=nothing
    2.000000;//creature size
    2.000000;//creature weight (affects pushing)
    0.000000;//maximum movement speed
    0.000000;//minimum movement speed
    0.700000;//leg animation speed
    0.200000;//turn speed
    1.000000;//inertia level (acceleration/deceleration)
    1;//hide when behind walls
    14;//weapon number
    0.000000;//weapon_x
    20.000000;//weapon_y
    2;//blood particle
    1;//bars visible when player hovers mouse on top
    1.000000;//death animation speed
    1;//creature can move from area to another

#
    *exxagurated and sarcastic* Wooooow, I like didnt notice the most important part existed.

Ckecked it. Set already. Still no worky. Sh*t.
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    rofl

so you cant do it with any creature/playerrace?

edit: btw ... you can never know ...
    i just had the problem that my third race character couldnt eat anything and it took me hours to realize that the conditions were set for the android (somewhen realized that he could eat electric plants but not healing and fungies ... -.-)
    #
    NOSBoi 18 years ago
    Hi
    Im trying to make a "vehicle" and ive tried doing all kinds of stuff, ive made it work exept i cant make them have different health amounts...
    Ie i hop into my vehicle with 80hp the vehicle has 80hp when i hop out the same as what the vehicle had.....
    HELP PLEASE
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    More details necessary. Like... Is the vehicle a player race, or a creature... or some of the coding.... Got it?
    #
    NOSBoi 18 years ago
    Yeah i know but its hard to explain. Ive done new a player race, scripts (looked at Opposing force) and get in as a plot obeject. Everything works exept i cant find a good way to have seperate health to your human player.

If anyone wants to help i can pm specifics but i really only need a way of making seperate health.
    #
    Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: