Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium modding questions/answers

Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Have you tried looking at the Hoverbike thingy? IIRC that creature started carrying you and it's controlls were given to you also.

Nonetheless, it didn't use a player race, just another creature (and some serious (or not-so-serious) scripting). That's all (methinks).
    #
    NOSBoi 18 years ago
    I will try, but i dont know if i can get it to work.
    I just need separate health for the man and vehicle, the rest is done...
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Well, them make two bars! And add some things to your scripts, so when you enter the vehicle thing, the old one gets.... No wait... thats stupid... You would have to make all creatures twice to hurt all the time.... well... Eh, Cas? A little help here? YOU made the OP tank, after all...
    #
    NOSBoi 18 years ago
    Yeah i could sure use it
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Heya, I'm thinking about making a mod right now, and I have a question:

Is it possible to have a race that can't pick a certain item up? (health packs)
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    Ya-- no. Well, at least I dont know. (For a minute there I was going to tell you how to make a race not be able to Use or Wield an item!)
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    Heya, I'm thinking about making a mod right now, and I have a question:

Is it possible to have a race that can't pick a certain item up? (health packs)
    No. There is no way to prevent them from picking it up without making it a plot object and having conditions for "using" the plot object.

Otherwise, just make it so they can't use it. They'll stop picking it up by themselves.
    #
    Yeah, that! I was going to tell you that, but I decided not to in case there WAS a way to stop them from getting it. I'm going to answer some other posts in the forum so, yeah. There was a way, and I just looked through the files but I cant find the one you need to change.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Okay, a few more newbie questions:

I don't know how I would look this up, so, do 2 handed weapons have a specific class?

Can you have a mobile creature that fires creatures when angry?

Edit: Oh, one more! how do I link a new area to the default notrium?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    Okay, a few more newbie questions:

I don't know how I would look this up, so, do 2 handed weapons have a specific class?

Can you have a mobile creature that fires creatures when angry?

Edit: Oh, one more! how do I link a new area to the default notrium?
    1) Items go in equip slots. A "two-handed weapon" is just a weapon that equips into both arms. Look at the pebble shotgun and the laser pistol to compare equip slots.

2) I think so. You'll have to look for the specific condition, however. I don't recall exactly what it is. Just put it into the equipment slot. I used something like this to have my Federation Cruisers launch fighters at alien ships.

3) Use map.dat
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Didn't know map.dat had the stuff to link maps together, but I didn't really look at it.

Thanks for all your help so far, MK.

Edit: Okay, hope someone gets this . But I would prefer a little more depth on how to make new areas created, I can't seem to figure it out.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    Use the map editor of Notrium to make an area, then save it. Easy as that.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Oh hell, I meant linked, not created .
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Is there a way to make a creature immune to lava damage?
    I've got flying enemies that burn themselves to death over some lava in the area, and I can't find a solution.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    Is there a way to make a creature immune to lava damage?
    I've got flying enemies that burn themselves to death over some lava in the area, and I can't find a solution.
    It depends on how you are making them "fly."
    #
    Have you tried having them drawn on the tree layer AKA level 3? I forgot how to do it myself but there should be a layer option somewhere...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    That's why I asked how he was making them "fly." If he was drawing them on the regular creature layer, then they'd be running into the lava like normal creatures.
    #
    Oh... well then in that case, I said nothing.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Well, I didn't even notice that part of the code... But setting it to 3 makes them invisible, and setting it to two they still burn a agonizing death.

Also, the way they are 'flying' is that you can see them through walls and they don't have any collision detection other than bullets.
    #
    You could make them a script that counters health drain by giving them health... but you cant make a script like that for creatures.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Or you could make it a timed block with the condition "is over lava" (not the exact condition) and have it give it health and a speed boost to counter the lava exactly.
    #
    You'd also need to remove the flame effect so it dosent look like it SHOULD be dying.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    You'd also need to remove the flame effect so it dosent look like it SHOULD be dying.
    I can't think of a way to do that without removing it from the lava itself, so I'm thinking we'll just have to hope the flying creature moves fast enough that the player doesn't notice.
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    You could look at Uberwaffes Werivar Mod his Hover bike isn't affected by lava
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "darkdude" said:
    You could look at Uberwaffes Werivar Mod his Hover bike isn't affected by lava
    That's a good idea, thanks 'dude'.

Hope it doesn't go against some unwritten code of honor though .
    #
    It isnt!? Wait... no wonder I dont know! I never finished any ending in that mod because it's damn hard.

I can't think of a way to do that without removing it from the lava itself
    Why don't we?
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Damn, Werivars code is... Scrungy, there are no descriptions on any condition or affect things, just //Condition or //Parameter#.
    I think I'll just move the flying guys into the next room in the cave.
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    OK Ive got a question
    When I make a new map and then play the radar is all wacked out why is this?
    #
    Please explain in more detail.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Did you remember to add the area to the map.dat file?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Inane, you are very rarely going to find descriptions of what effects and conditions do in the data files themselves. Instead, you should just match up the numbers with the conditions and effects inside of notes.txt, which has the entire list.
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    This bug also happens in the Werivar mod on new areas (like east and west hive)
    The radar is a minature picture off the console thingy
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Hmm... This makes me wonder... Ville, how does the map editor create the new areas?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    By adding them to terrain.dat or whatever.
    #
    The radar is a minature picture off the console thingy
    I had a similar problem with my old graphics card. The problem is either old drivers or an old card. If you're using your on-board graphics card (a graphics card that's part of the motherboard instead of being an addon card) then you can enter the BIOS and change how much memory it uses from the... I believe it wad called RAM (Obviously providing that you have the RAM to do so. Running it with 64mb on my compy only really works out well with 512mb total installed). However, since all bioses are different, all I can really tell you is to keep tapping delete while your computer is starting to bring it up.
    #
    Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: