Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium modding questions/answers

Pete 17 years ago
    "Sherimital" said:
    Can plot objects be made to disappear in time, or when you leave the area?
    Dunno about when leaving an area, but Im pretty sure you can have it dissapear in a set time.
    #
    Sherimital 17 years ago
    Can plot-objects, then, be made non-interactive?

And that S thing is driving me crazy! I have another item, which uses the same code, and uses S key to use, and it works fine!

Also, is "override footstep sound" in "terrain_types.dat" broken? It plays no sound at all when I use it.

Also, is there some sort of secret rule that you aren't allowed to change the player-creature into another creature?
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    I think you're supposed to specify another footstep sound.
    #
    Sherimital 17 years ago
    I did. The problem was that I told footsteps to last "-1" ms, which removes the sound, too. Setting it to "0" fixed it. Quanrian helped me
    #
    Sherimital 17 years ago
    Can someone show me how to make a creature that's on a side hostile to the player that follows/attacks the player (and only the player - it ignores everyone else) forever, no matter what?
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    [OT]OOOO five minutes before non double posting lol[/OT] idn bout modding
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    "Sherimital" said:
    Can someone show me how to make a creature that's on a side hostile to the player that follows/attacks the player (and only the player - it ignores everyone else) forever, no matter what?
    Can't several sides be applied to one creature?
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Sherimital" said:
    Id bet on making a new side that is hostile only to the Players side and make the creature with huge numbers in the hear and see range.
    #
    Sherimital 17 years ago
    Aright, I have that all settled, now... How can I make it so players can only equip weapons from inside of the inventory (and not by pressing E or mousewheeling)?

What I want is for the player to be given a certain item when a certain gun is wielded. I can do that simply enough by making them use an inventory item to equip the gun, however, E and mousewheel bypass that, which is not acceptable.

Also, is condition 11 (check if item is wielded) broken? I try running it in a script, and it acts as if I /always/ have the item wielded, even if I don't even have one. I notice it's not used in default Notrium...

Also, why does giving the player bar class 3 ("wielded weapon ammo") crash the game?
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    "Sherimital" said:
    Also, why does giving the player bar class 3 ("wielded weapon ammo") crash the game?
    Are you using items or bars for ammo?

As for the first question... how about giving the weapon a condition that the item must be equiped? This might not work though (I'd test it, but I don't have Notrium on this laptop).
    #
    Sherimital 16 years ago
    Item ammo.

I tried that. Can't select it either method, then.
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    Maybe you can have the item run a script that equips the weapon? (This might not work, and once again I can't test it)
    #
    Admiral 16 years ago
    I'm not sure about this but if you make an item equip two weapons, (with two different use buttons) then I don't think you can mousewheel it (just don't tell the player about the second use key) wait a minute that sounds complicated, i'll try to show you:
    Gun (item)-
    g key equips Gun (weapon)
    b key equips something like Punch (weapon) or No weapon (weapon(?))

the Gun (item) description says: quick key: g equips Gun
    don't mention the 'b' quick key

I think this will be unnaffected by mousewheel and so should solve your problem
    #
    HaHaH 16 years ago
    Last night I got myself jacked up on sugar and I decided to add meh 1337ZOR Excelsior Railgun but it makes Notrium crash like an Escape Pod on... well... Notrium. BTW I copied a lot of the sounds and the graphic and all the stuff I didn't have either from werivar or from other weapons. And yes I did make sure they work, just when I equip the railgun... And Redemption, you don't happen to play Darkspace do you?

Excelsior;//name---------------------------------------
    83;//identifier
    1;//class
    laser_small.png;//bullet texture
    1;//bullets at one shot
    1;//stop at hit 0=stop where hit, 1=don't stop
    2.000000;//bullet size
    0.000001;//spread
    10.000000;//bullet speed
    50.000000;//time until bullet disappears
    1000;//fire rate
    2;//trace 0=no trace, 1=blue beam, 2=bullet trace, 3=red beam, 4=green beam, 5=yellow beam
    -1;//hit visual effect colour, -1=nothing 0=?, 1=red, 2=green, 3=blue
    -0;//hit visual effect particle, -1=nothing, 0=>particle from particles.dat
    none;//hit effect sound
    0.000000;//push target back
    3.000000;//push shooter back
    laser.wav;//fire sound
    laser_hit.wav;//hit sound
    0.500000;//AI hear volume, the amount of anger the AI gets when it hears the weapon
    begin_wield_conditions;
    0;//condition
    74.000000;//condition parameter0
    1.000000;//condition parameter1
    end_wield_conditions;
    begin_fire_effects;
    26;//effect number
    2.000000;//parameter1
    5.000000;//parameter2
    83.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_fire_effects;
    begin_hit_effects;
    4;//effect number
    -750.000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_hit_effects;
    God bless Notepad. (And Notrium (And Ville too.))
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    ...Just use [code] tags and copy&paste the text directly into your post.
    #
    HaHaH 16 years ago
    Okay I got the gun working and I fixed it up so its not overly powerful but anyways I have been trying to get Notrium to let me use the Map Editor and I set the setup file to 1 but it still doesn't show up in the game.
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    Is it possible to force enemies to move in a trail?
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    "HaHaH" said:
    And Redemption, you don't happen to play Darkspace do you?
    Nope, don't even know what that is.
    "HaHaH" said:
    ...trying to get Notrium to let me use the Map Editor...
    You might have changed the wrong value or something. This isn't complete yet, but I'm working on it: Map editor turorial
    #
    HaHaH 16 years ago
    Well, I can't get notrium to get the map editor started mostly because it doesn't even check the .dat file. Yes, Notrium will run without problems when the setup.dat doesn't exist...
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    I think the data file is regenerated if there isn't one. Check again, it's probably there again.
    #
    HaHaH 16 years ago
    Meh. I'm not going to worry about it but now i am trying to put tin a Fungus Tree/Plant thingy and i would like to know how you people get the objects textured-looking, and more specifically if it is possible to get stuff transparent in Paint.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    Paint? MSPaint? TRANSPARENCY?

Are you feeling okay?
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    PAINT? Yuck! Use Gimp or something like that!
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Paint.NET.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    Oh. Nevermind them.
    #
    HaHaH 16 years ago
    ok now i know how to code the plot_objects.dat, object_definitions.dat, and the items.dat (Duh.) but i have problems with graphics anyone wanna tell me how to make a ball of fungus? btw if you want an idea i can try to tell you in a PM or something but you have to ask, considering i have no clue who can make graphics.
    #
    haunter 16 years ago
    How can i make the files?(i'm a little noob in modding)
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Download Barebones Mod. It has all important .dat files. You may open .dats with any text editing program you like, a very good one is Notepad2.
    ---
    How can I make Items undroppable?
    #
    HaHaH 16 years ago
    I figure it's a player_races.dat thing, look at the human and his punch for example.
    EDIT: Btw I finally found that Notrium wasn't reading from the directory it was in, it was reading the setup.dat file that was halfway across my hard drive so to speak. I still suck at graphics though.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Right, thank you.
    #
    haunter 16 years ago
    Thanks
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Uh.
    In a wave of creative energy today, I tried to get used to Notrium's modding engine. I fought off all syntax errors, but now I have another problem.

I have a Rage bar (ID: 5) and the following item:

Windslash Claws;
    21;
    1;
    0.000000;
    Your claws, upgraded. You can release a mighty stream of wind by slashing extremely fast. (F: Unleash Windslash, costs 20 Rage);
    none;
    0.000000;
    0;
    0;
    1;
    claws.png;
    -1;
    -1;
    0;
    begin_wield_slots;
    0; // Occupies right hand
    1; // Occupies left hand
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Windslash Claws equipped.;
    none;
    none;
    0;
    U;
    -1;
    begin_conditions;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    9.000000;
    1.000000;
    0.000000;
    0.000000;
    0.000000;
    end_effects;
    WINDSLASH!;
    Not enough Rage.
    none;
    0;
    -1;
    F;
    begin_conditions;
    3;
    5.000000;
    20.000000;
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    24;
    22.000000;
    1.000000;
    0.000000;
    0.000000;
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;

When pressing 'F' it should take 20 Rage away and shoot weapon "Windslash", but instead of that it either does nothing, or takes all Rage away and shoots the weapon.

Windslash Weapon:
    WindSlash;
    2;
    1;
    bullet0;
    20;
    1;
    1.500000;
    0.300000;
    10.000000;
    30.000000;
    1;
    2;
    3;
    0;
    none;
    1.000000;
    0.500000;
    claw0.wav;
    claw0_hit.wav;
    1.000000;
    begin_wield_conditions;
    end_wield_conditions;
    begin_fire_effects;
    end_fire_effects;
    begin_hit_effects;
    4;
    -20.000000;
    1.000000;
    0.000000;
    0.000000;
    44:
    -20.000000;
    1.000000;
    5.000000;
    0.000000;
    end_hit_effects;
    end_of_file;

Edit: Okay, I've found out why it drained all Rage. The Windslash Weapon consumed 20 Rage for each projectile. But it still activates only every second time.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Well, I haven't done anything Notrium related in a while, but I can tell you one thing: modding without comments is confusing as hell (that means the ";//Parameter0" and ";//number of projectiles" stuff that appears after the data in the default files). I'd recommend that, before you do anything else, you get into the habit of keeping those comments after lines, so that it'll be easier to figure out what things do at a glance.
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    But it still activates only every second time.
    Thats probably because the item uses wield slots, the first time you press 'F' it will equip the item and do the effect, but the second time will only unequip it. Creating another item for the windslash that has no wield slots should solve the problem.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Uh, it doen't unequip (at least it doesn't look like), but I'll try that.
    [Edit]
    It worked, thx.

@MageKing17
    'kay.
    #
    Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: