Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium modding questions/answers

Narvius 13 years ago
    Im Notrium-Ordner eine Kopie des Unterordners data\Default erstellen. In der neuen Kopie befinden sich mehrere *.dat-Dateien deren Inhalt du mit Notepad oder ähnlichem editieren kannst. Dort befinden sich so ziemlich alle Texte im Spiel, also Gegenstandsnamen und -beschreibungen, Journaleinträge und so weiter. Allerdings musst du ein wenig aufpassen, dass du die anderen Einträge nicht kaputtmachst - also wirklich nur die Texte editieren.

Es ist jede Menge Arbeit.
    #
    ronnypac 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Im Notrium-Ordner eine Kopie des Unterordners data\Default erstellen. In der neuen Kopie befinden sich mehrere *.dat-Dateien deren Inhalt du mit Notepad oder ähnlichem editieren kannst. Dort befinden sich so ziemlich alle Texte im Spiel, also Gegenstandsnamen und -beschreibungen, Journaleinträge und so weiter. Allerdings musst du ein wenig aufpassen, dass du die anderen Einträge nicht kaputtmachst - also wirklich nur die Texte editieren.

Es ist jede Menge Arbeit.

Muss ich dort auf bestimmte Textlängen achten?

Danke für den Hinweis

Ronny
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Das weiß ich dann schon nicht mehr, ich hab's nie probiert. Aber ich bin mir ziemlich sicher das das Journal kein Scrolling unterstützt, also nicht ganz so übertreiben. Halte dich halt ungefähr an die Länge der Originaltexte und's wird schon passen
    #
    ronnypac 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Das weiß ich dann schon nicht mehr, ich hab's nie probiert. Aber ich bin mir ziemlich sicher das das Journal kein Scrolling unterstützt, also nicht ganz so übertreiben. Halte dich halt ungefähr an die Länge der Originaltexte und's wird schon passen

Danke Dir
    mache gleich noch einen Test mit Unlauten,denke aber das diese nicht enthalten sind
    #
    ronnypac 13 years ago
    Who knows the limits of dialogs and log-text-lines ??
    please post it tx

(@Ville???)

Ronny
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "ronnypac" said:
    Who knows the limits of dialogs and log-text-lines ??
    Could you be a bit more specific?
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    How much text fits into journal entries / dialog lines.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Is there a limit?
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Narvius" said:
    Is there a limit?
    There was never a limit.
    #
    SmokNiszczyciel 13 years ago
    How do I make delay/sleep/wait for item? Example:
    I want to make weapon that adds a item to invetory and that item adds like 30 damage per second and vanishes after some time

I want also make delay for blueprints, after u press U then there a bar shows like in combining
    #
    "SmokNiszczyciel" said:
    I want also make delay for blueprints, after u press U then there a bar shows like in combining
    The way that the blueprints fundamentally work does not support showing a progress bar. If you really want to, you could reimplement the blueprints as a bunch of item combinations that end in the finished product, or maybe a placeholder object that gives the player the finished product and a new blueprint before vanishing. You could even have Using the blueprint turn the individual parts into a "Box of parts for <object>" which is then Combined with its blueprint to create the final product. But yea, there's no direct way that I know of.

As for your other suggestion, I THINK it should be possible, but I haven't modded Notrium in quite a while and I don't have it with me right now to tell you with any certainty.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "SmokNiszczyciel" said:
    How do I make delay/sleep/wait for item? Example:
    I want to make weapon that adds a item to invetory and that item adds like 30 damage per second and vanishes after some time
    At a guess, yes, by using an invisible bar (or a visible one, if you want the player to know how much time they've got left) to keep track of how long until the item vanishes.
    #
    Then tell me how!

I also need same timer:
    after using a blueprint with U key, you get timer and while timer is 0> you cant move or do anything[like combining], and after that time the blueprint vanishes and u get new items
    #
    Redemption 13 years ago
    Condition 3 with effects 1 and 58 could work, but I'd recommend what Anonymous1157 said, as it's a lot easier and less problem prone.

If you want damage over time effect 23 should do the trick.
    #
    I'm using NMV and I don't like Notrium scripts [by editing them in notepad]
    @edit
    Atm I'm using "change creature speed, duration:120, strenght: -1000" so while researching[ofc in a safe place, before u open door to doom] you can't move or do anything like while combining. I've also made it auto-research, while you upgraded you computer to lvl 2 then you can just read bp from computer and go afk, after a time it will "vanish" current bp and give u new

How does this work?
    Item: Y key,
    Used by Y drop a plot object "name"
    Plot object: you know how to set it

I hope this will work because i've already made a bit, so rebuilding it will hurt
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    I was going to say something like Anon just proposed, but... really, there is no effect to <start combining> items <A>, <B>, <C> etc. So, most probably, there will be no way to make this combining look like Notrium's centered bar with time and Cancel button . So I guess you'll have to try what MageKing and Redemption said - effect <stand still> +/- some bar with seconds ticking. Also, some sort of command to STOP the hell combining (in case of threat, if the player is reckless enough to do it outdoors). This may be, BTW, open/close inventory key, so prohibiting that may be not very appreciated...
    #
    Actually I could rebuild Notrium but I don't know at what programming language it has been written.

About blueprints-
    You'r in safe place where no AI can reach u, you can use blueprint only near a computer t hat's in a safe place....

@edit
    Actually I've solved the problem, I used some of ur tips Thanks
    #
    "SmokNiszczyciel" said:
    Actually I could rebuild Notrium but I don't know at what programming language it has been written.
    Ville doesn't really release the source code to anyone (Unless you pay him, of course), and he wrote a lot of his own stuff for the game, so starting over would be tough. For example, that scripting language Notrium mods are written in is unique to Notrium, although IIRC it has many similarities to AngelScript since that's what he tried using originally. We tried to make a 3D spinoff and it never got past a small pile of finished models and a proof-of-concept engine.
    #
    Actually I've got new problem -

After u use blueprint [it requires some items] then required items [by effect+conditions] will VANISH from your invetory [like compiling], so is there any effect/script that does this?

@edit
    Nevermind, I've just found a way how to do this - Give Item effect with negative value
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    We tried to make a 3D spinoff and it never got past a small pile of finished models and a proof-of-concept engine.
    Don't forget a sweet crosshair.
    #
    Is there any way to make plot object DETECT if there's ANY NOT PLAYER SIDE CREATURE in XX distance and then call a function[script]?

Example of use: LOVELY MINES WHICH I LOVE TO STEP ON!
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    A plot object? Maybe make it a creature better?
    #
    Ok then how make a creature that will hit once and then die?...
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    BTW, you said that will be a mine. Should it have area of effect (i.e. damage nearby enemies if there are more than 1 there?) If so, I can remember some talk about explosions a few pages behind. Its attack is probably some tinkering with AI. You've done that already, haven't you? Just angle of awareness = 2PI and distance... some short, or not very short... some appropriate distance. Its disappearing is very like that grenade described in a few pages behind.
    #
    Oh yeah i will need explosions for some aoe weapons later, but i dont know how to make aoe, is there any tutorial?

@edit
    Actually nevermind, im not gonna make any mods because of fucking errors lol, i cant open map editor on my mod and i even cant play it, and i dont know why
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Probably your fault.
    #
    Nope, it did like 4th time in a row, i've been starting from beginning each time
    #
    Redemption 13 years ago
    Try checking the last edits you made, if anything is causing a crash it's probably something recent.
    #
    It always crashes, I mod for 3-10h and then save, and crash

@edit
    i can give mod to someone if he can check whats wrong
    #
    One of the most fundamental points of Notrium modding is to make JUST ONE OR TWO CHANGES, then test the mod. If I understand this right, you've been wasting over three hours of your life at a time by making the same mistake somewhere over and over again, and not being able to find it because you built the entire mod without testing it once.

So, unfortunately, you're going to have to start over again a fifth time, but you'll be testing the mod every time you add a new area, or a new enemy, et cetera. This way, you'll know where to look for an error, instead of just having to scrap all that hard work because you have no idea what to do about it. This really does work; I eventually did figure out why I could never leave the first area when I tried making a mod from scratch. It was something about defining an environment type where I thought I was supposed to chronologically number the areas or something.
    #
    Is there any limit for "long description" text?

@edit
    lmao i really dont know whats going on, i added 2 items and tried everything to fix them but i still get "runtime error"

@edit2
    Wow i didn't know that a notrium mod viever is so much bugged!:O Thanks anonymous, i've fixed this problem but i got new one, i cant make new area by using map editor, i press f11 and nothing happens
    #
    You mean the map editor built into Notrium? You have to activate debugging manually in one of Notrium's files to enable the map editor, specifically <Notrium install>\data\setup.dat (Open it with Notepad). Just change the second and third lines to 1s. IIRC, you only need to flip the first one to be able to use the map editor, but the game-running debug file may be useful for finding out why your mod crashes.

The Notrium Mod Viewer has never really worked that well. At first, it did its job just fine, but since Notrium's scripting format change in the v1.3 update, NMV's been nothing but trouble, and it always seems to mess something up when you try to make changes through it. (Or at least I'm under the impression that you've discovered something along these lines on your own already. )
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Wait, you mean dorten's NMV?
    There's been a script-format-changing update to Notrium since then?
    #
    Wait, what? I thought--

*Obviously forked something up, goes to find out how*

Ah, so that's what happened. I seemed to recall that there had been ANOTHER NMV before Dorten's for some reason. Since I know absolutely nothing about the new one, it probably works fine.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    There's was another NMV previously, but it somehow was much less publicly visible, so I somehow doubt he'd use it instead of dortens.
    #
    Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: