Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 31
  • » next
  • Notrium modding questions/answers

    MageKing17 10 years ago
    Can anyone tell me why this creature is not being recognized by the game?

    Confed Battleship;//name---------------------------------------
    23;//identifier
    3;//class
    confedbs.png;//texture
    1;//draw layer
    -2;//corpse item number in items.dat, -1=nothing, -2=whole corpse vanishes when dead
    0;//corpse item amount
    0;//attack type, 0=shooting attack, 1=close combat
    23;//particle to show on radar, -1=none
    15;//primary AI tactic from AI_tactic.dat
    16;//secondary AI tactic from AI_tactic.dat
    3;//footstep particle from particles.dat
    0;//die after how many seconds, 0=doesn't die
    -1;//eat item number from items.dat, -1=nothing
    3.1000;//creature size
    200.0000;//creature weight (affects pushing)
    0.5;//maximum movement speed
    0.2;//minimum movement speed
    0.000000;//leg animation speed
    0.100000;//turn speed
    0.010000;//inertia level (acceleration/deceleration)
    1;//hide when behind walls
    28;//weapon number
    0.000000;//weapon_x
    27.000000;//weapon_y
    2;//blood particle
    1;//bars visible when player hovers mouse on top
    1.000000;//death animation speed
    1;//creature can move from area to another
    900.000000;//AI hear range
    500.000000;//AI see range
    6.000000;//AI see angle
    begin_footstep_sounds;//
    none.wav;//
    end_footstep_sounds;//
    begin_hit_sounds;//
    none.wav;//
    end_hit_sounds;//
    begin_die_sounds;//
    explosion1.wav;//
    explosion2.wav;//
    end_die_sounds;//
    begin_eat_block;//
    end_eat_block;//
    begin_death_block;//
    0;//death type, 0=any death, 1=timed death, 2=killed by player
    begin_conditions;//
    end_conditions;//
    begin_effects;//
    26;//effect number
    24.000000;//parameter1
    50.000000;//parameter2
    10.00000;//parameter3
    0.00000;//parameter4
    end_effects;//
    end_death_block;//
    begin_hit_block;//
    end_hit_block;//
    begin_timed_block;//
    700;//interval in milliseconds
    begin_conditions;//
    8;//condition
    50;//condition parameter0
    0;//condition parameter1
    30;//condition
    24;//condition parameter0
    20;//condition parameter1
    end_conditions;//
    begin_effects;//
    10;//effect number
    24.000000;//parameter1
    -1.000000;//parameter2
    -1;//parameter3
    -1;//parameter4
    end_effects;//
    140;//interval in milliseconds
    begin_conditions;//
    14;//condition
    -1;//condition parameter0
    800;//condition parameter1
    end_conditions;//
    begin_effects;//
    24;//effect number
    28.000000;//parameter1
    1.000000;//parameter2
    1.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;//
    500;//interval in milliseconds
    begin_conditions;//
    end_conditions;//
    begin_effects;//
    4;//effect number
    10.000000;//parameter1
    1.000000;//parameter2
    4.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;//
    end_timed_block;//
    begin_specialties;//
    health;//description
    0;//number
    4.000000;//parameter0
    0.000000;//parameter1
    3000.000000;//parameter2
    3000.000000;//parameter3
    fly;//description
    4;//number
    1;//parameter0
    1;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    1;//parameter3
    end_specialties;//
    #
    Pete 10 years ago
    If you tell me what you mean with not being recognized... check if the next one doesnt have the same ID number... uh that is the only think I can think of right now. ops:
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    The ID number is unique, I can guarantee that.

    And I mean simply being not recognized as data by the game. The debug_start log goes straight from the creature before to the creature after, without so much as an error message. As far as the game is concerned, it doesn't exist.
    #
    Darkdude 10 years ago
    Question!
    I wanted to kow if its possible to have the whole map wrapped, like an area wrapped but so if you walk off the top of the map you will reappear at the bottom
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "darkdude" said:
    Question!
    I wanted to kow if its possible to have the whole map wrapped, like an area wrapped but so if you walk off the top of the map you will reappear at the bottom
    No.
    #
    Crazy 10 years ago
    perhaps... oh, right, that was scrapped with some version.
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    perhaps... oh, right, that was scrapped with some version.
    As far as I know, entire-map wrapping has always been impossible. Single-map wrappings are quite easy (just look at the space area at the start of the game), but entire-map wrappings would require you to do something along the lines of placing 5 thousand plot_objects along each edge.
    #
    Darkdude 10 years ago
    5000 Plot objects? How about one really long one?
    #
    Pete 10 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Crazy" said:
    perhaps... oh, right, that was scrapped with some version.
    As far as I know, entire-map wrapping has always been impossible. Single-map wrappings are quite easy (just look at the space area at the start of the game), but entire-map wrappings would require you to do something along the lines of placing 5 thousand plot_objects along each edge.

    Actually, the start map DOES keep repeating itself at its every side...
    #
    Crazy 10 years ago
    did Notrium not have wrappings instead of borders in earlier versions?
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Crazy" said:
    perhaps... oh, right, that was scrapped with some version.
    As far as I know, entire-map wrapping has always been impossible. Single-map wrappings are quite easy (just look at the space area at the start of the game), but entire-map wrappings would require you to do something along the lines of placing 5 thousand plot_objects along each edge.

    Actually, the start map DOES keep repeating itself at its every side...
    That's what I said, Pete.
    #
    Inane 10 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    That's what I said, Pete.
    I heard it, MK did.

    And on the side of your creature problem, I had it too.
    The creature before it was a scrapped enemy; didn't need it, so I tried removing it. And it was fixed by that.


    Edit: I have just formed a question.
    Since there was a conversation a few days back on the subject of possessing an enemy...

    I haven't looked much into the eat section, so I am wondering, could you have the microbe be carried by an alien when it hits its corpse? or maybe have it actually change player races?
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    Edit: I have just formed a question.
    Since there was a conversation a few days back on the subject of possessing an enemy...

    I haven't looked much into the eat section, so I am wondering, could you have the microbe be carried by an alien when it hits its corpse? or maybe have it actually change player races?
    The issue isn't getting possession to work... I've done it before. It's a variant of the hoverbike code. The issue is balancing.
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    Well, I got the Battleship working again. I decided to see if the "Large Alien Fighter" creature (ID number 22) was causing the problem. Lo and behold, it was. No idea what exactly was causing it to make the Battleship not be counted, but by removing it from the map it appears on (the jungle-planet assault, they were those fighters that would strafe the area), and from creatures.dat, the Battleship suddenly sprung back into existance.

    Also, seeing an Alien Mothership and a Confed Battleship go at it is the coolest thing I have ever seen.
    #
    Crazy 10 years ago
    So their just normal creatures, firing directly at each other? Y'know what i would have liked? Where the two are huge Plot Objects moving around and on the sides there are turrets. The two ships pass each other and exchange ordanace on the way.

    Another idea i had was that the Wolf could be the feet item and a turret would be the torso. Then you would be able to change turrets by purhasing different packs from the shop, "U"sing them with an item named "turret attachment spot" would give you different weapons, which would all be attached to the turret and the firing animations would differ. Say there's a small bast on the middle right of the turret when a chaingun is fired and a huge blast would be seen in the far front middle of the turret. Different turrets will look differently and if you want to change turrets, you would have to somehow get all your weapons into the turret item again, which will then be named "unattached" turret, breaking it up will give you back your "turret attachment spot", which you would again combine with you new turret pack.
    Perhaps getting all the weapons back would be simply combining them with eachother, which would give you an "partially unplugged" turret. If you combine all of the weapons, you get an "unplugged" turret. Which you can remove from your attachment spot. Otherwise, "U"sing or breaking the "unplugged" turret will give you all your weapons.

    That was a plan for a mod of mine, which i've partially scrapped. I even made up ways of using vehicles on-ground. And not your average hoverbike, i was thinking huge mechs, and entering one will take you to another map, which will be just like the one you were before, only everything is much smaller, giving you a wider view, because otherwise there would be no use for long-range weaponry because you just can't see further than 4 bodylenghts. I actually hope to be able to work on it in the summer vacation.
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    Don't even think about that "map changer" idea. Bad idea. Go with a telescope-effect for long-range weapons.

    On the plot_object ships idea, or that turret idea, if you can get either to work, that would be awesome. I don't fully understand from the way you explained it, but I'm sure it would be awesome.
    #
    Darkdude 10 years ago
    I was wondering what does the eat item amount and type and that stuff mean when refferring to other creatures?
    #
    1MoreRun 10 years ago
    Would it be feasible to make a weapon similar to the nikita missle in metal gear with the possesion scripting? After you launch it, you steer it towards your target, and upon detonating it, you return to yourself.
    #
    Grim Reaper 10 years ago
    "1MoreRun" said:
    Would it be feasible to make a weapon similar to the nikita missle in metal gear with the possesion scripting? After you launch it, you steer it towards your target, and upon detonating it, you return to yourself.
    That could be achieved by modifying the homing missile weapon in Wazzal II so you'll be controlling the missile instead of just having the camera attach to it.
    #
    Crazy 10 years ago
    i need the "map changer" idea. Because otherwise only hand-to-hand combat would not be "long-range". And these are 'mechs, not mechas, they can't fight hand-to-hand.

    I don't think the plot_object ships idea can be done. Perhaps a separate map where your a fighter pilot and the map only shows the twosides and the background would move... somehow...

    that turret idea should be outright easy to do, tho... I might even try to make it.
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    i need the "map changer" idea. Because otherwise only hand-to-hand combat would not be "long-range". And these are 'mechs, not mechas, they can't fight hand-to-hand.

    I don't think the plot_object ships idea can be done. Perhaps a separate map where your a fighter pilot and the map only shows the twosides and the background would move... somehow...

    that turret idea should be outright easy to do, tho... I might even try to make it.
    You cannot use map-switching to show a larger area! How on earth would you get all the items and creatures to transfer over, hmm? It just wouldn't work!

    Use a telescopic view effect. That works.

    Also, Mech and Mecha are interchangeable terms.
    #
    allkiller 10 years ago
    i cant get into the mining fields main base there are blue missiles comming out the base and they kill me each time
    #
    allkiller 10 years ago
    how to stop them/ what units make them ?

    EDIT: sry i thought this topic is about the modded versions. and i forgot the edit button sry again.
    #
    Idiota 10 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    [OT]1) Neither of your questions seem to be related to modding.

    2) Do NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE (unless it's your own thread and you've got some very important announcement to make or something SERIOUS like that), make a double-post. It is widely considered as a blasphemous act and rather serious herecy.

    ...well, perhaps not so much blasphemous as annoying...

    ...and perhaps not so much herecy as annoyance...

    Also, the time between two of your posts in one thread should be at least 24h if nobody has posted after the first of the two posts.[/OT]

    Hey Grim, how was your day?

    You still don't seem to realize that you're actually the one who posts 100% off-topic posts, some would even call them flames. But that doesn't matter. I'll keep deleting all those posts anyway.

    And although missiles are generally bad for one's health, they CAN be dodged. Just try harder.
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    Hey Grim, how was your day?

    You still don't seem to realize that you're actually the one who posts 100% off-topic posts, some would even call them flames. But that doesn't matter. I'll keep deleting all those posts anyway.

    And although missiles are generally bad for one's health, they CAN be dodged. Just try harder.
    Grimsy was doing the right thing. He not only double-posted, but he double-posted things about gameplay instead of modding. Have you looked at the topic of this thread lately?

    I understand you don't want us to scare off new members, but the line must be drawn somewhere.
    #
    Crazy 10 years ago
    You cannot use map-switching to show a larger area! How on earth would you get all the items and creatures to transfer over, hmm? It just wouldn't work!
    I have my ways
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    I have my ways
    ...Oh my, I'm instantly satisfied. My confidence in your abilities just skyrocketed. I'll just go sit in the corner now and await your magnificent construction.

    [/sarcasm]

    Seriously, if you know a way for items, creatures, and so forth to transfer between maps, tell us now so we can determine how the basic code of Notrium has been altered.
    #
    Anonymous1157 10 years ago
    What we truly need to determine is what program to use to uncompile EXEs... after that, it's all linear exponentiality as to what we can do... Or perhaps Ville will release the source code so we needn't do it our way?

    I bet we could make that typo somebody said, Grim3D, that way.

    Anyways... something tells me that I'll either be considered a genius or an idiot for saying that. Please don't let it be the second one.
    #
    Inane 10 years ago
    Anyways... something tells me that I'll either be considered a genius or an idiot for saying that. Please don't let it be the second one.

    Oh come on, Anonymous, I could tell from your writing that you know what it was going to be.

    So, Mageking, are you still thinking of making a mod that incorporates a 'tactical soul' system, or can I steal the concept (although, it was stolen in the first place)?
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    So, Mageking, are you still thinking of making a mod that incorporates a 'tactical soul' system, or can I steal the concept (although, it was stolen in the first place)?
    Still thinking but that's absolutely all I've done. Go ahead and make it if you want to. I have some ideas if you need them.

    Like the Life Essence creature could be used for the souls, but recolored. That was one idea I had.

    It was also the only one, really. I didn't do anything on the mod after that.
    #
    Crazy 10 years ago


    It would not include any changing of any code. It will, however be double the work for each level with such stuff.

    Its really quite simple, i can't understand why noone has thought of it before...
    #
    Spetz 10 years ago
    I read the Modding FAQ, and I think I already know the answer to my question, but is there a way to set "formations" of creatures?

    I want to try something out where basically a leader moves around maps at random, and several people walk around him/her/it, not the same way as the creatures "follow" something, but by just roaming an area within a certain radius of that person.

    I'm thinking that the code being used for orbiting moons in the Wazzal 2 mod might help... but I don't want the "followers" moving about in circular patterns.

    II may be a bit vague, if you have any questions about this idea I can probly answer them tho.
    #
    Crazy 10 years ago
    To answer simply: No.

    To answer slightly more complicatedly: It's not meant to be in the game. But there must be SOME way to do it.
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    "Spetz" said:
    I'm thinking that the code being used for orbiting moons in the Wazzal 2 mod might help... but I don't want the "followers" moving about in circular patterns.
    That only works with a stationary center object. It wouldn't work for combat-based creatures.

    Quite simply, Notrium wasn't designed for anything complicated. We just don't have the ability to do a lot of things.
    #
    Spetz 10 years ago
    k, ty I guess my idea for roaming tribes won't quite work for now...
    #
    Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 31
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: