Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Grim's flash stuff
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Grim's flash stuff

Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a flash movie, that will be exclusive to this and NOL forums. It will be nothing more than an excersise for me, and atm there are two people that are in it as characters. Those people are me and a friend of mine.

So, nothing big for now. I have also begun making a game in flash too, and it will, or at least should, be linked only to this and NOL forums.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    Sounds interesting enough, so, what's it about?
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    Nothing, really... It features me and my friend talking about something. And It'll be in english.

WARNING! In the flash movie I will use my own voice. My voice may cause seizures, traumas, physical and/or mental damage, and possibly even death (You never know... ).
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    How about using one of those free voice-masking tools? They are pretty fun to mess around with, I made mine sound like Gollum's
    #
    eug1404 19 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    NOL forums.
    What are the NOL forums?.
    Also if you get desperate on the voice acting front just use the built in windows guy, under speach in the control panel, he's the worst most monotonous voice acter ever, but sometimes that works, case-in-point the original Deus Ex.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "eug1404" said:
    Also if you get desperate on the voice acting front just use the built in windows guy, under speach in the control panel, he's the worst most monotonous voice acter ever, but sometimes that works, case-in-point the original Deus Ex.
    Really? I never noticed. Then again, I wasn't paying that much attention to the game when I was playing it, so...
    #
    eug1404 19 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "eug1404" said:
    Really? I never noticed. Then again, I wasn't paying that much attention to the game when I was playing it, so...
    Well he didn't use that voice acter, but what i meant was that JC Denton had the most monotonous voice acting ever, but it fit him fine and worked for the game.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Ah. True. Also, there was this program I once had (don't remember what) had the ability to synthesyze voices much better. I wish I still had it...
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    "eug1404" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    NOL forums.
    What are the NOL forums?.

NOL forum is the forum Thaimodz has made.

And I think that "windows guy" is only in XP. I've got 98, so that won't help me.

And also, I'm not desperate (or anything) about voice acting, I want to be the damn voice for myself in the animation.

"Casanova" said:
    How about using one of those free voice-masking tools? They are pretty fun to mess around with, I made mine sound like Gollum's

Where could I find such a fun tool?
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    Note: Production of this animation is halted due to time required to create my game for Amateur Game Competition.
    #
    eug1404 19 years ago
    Understandable.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Note: Project has had a restart, and I've already done a bit of the animation of my own character.

I'm not so sure about whether or not it'll still include both me and my friend. And my character is animated a 'bit' in the same style as Gherkinman (at least in flashes "Bricks are fun", "The Matrix Has You" and "The Matrix Still Has You"). If he sees it, I hope he won't be mad...

And my hair is not nearly as spiky (nor long) as my animated version.

Nor do I wish I had that kind of hair.
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    How does flash works?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    How does flash works?

Please be more specific.
    #
    eddeshun 18 years ago
    Flash takes a lot of pictures and sticks them together, making an animation. It can also make web apps, tabs, you can draw with it, and a lot of other coolstuff. Paired with adobe photoshop, you can put in file almost anything that is in your head.
    A digital .GIF/.PNG/.JPG/etc. file, that is...

*ADD* This just in... shocking news straight from the scene! Lets go to our man out there... what can you tell us?

Well the polls are in, and mass chaos has ensued. Contrary to what was expected, it has been proven that people actually care... that's right... people -actually care-. It's causing mass histeria, fish walking on land, cats and dogs living together, michael jackson being black... impossible things are being realized TODAY.
    Back to you, news 5.

I voted yes btw bet those two who voted no sure feel like they missed the train.
    #
    notriumfan 18 years ago
    so where do you get a voice editing tool anything that can edit your voice like into a robotic mode like the buzzing mode or something voice editing tools PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "notriumfan" said:
    so where do you get a voice editing tool anything that can edit your voice like into a robotic mode like the buzzing mode or something voice editing tools PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com">http://www.google.com</a><!-- w -->

Just fiddle around with the search options.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    OMFG I actually made an animation whachamacallit thingamabugger!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img421.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stickanim3yj.swf">http://img421.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... nim3yj.swf</a><!-- m -->

Note that this animation is just a simple Frame-By-Frame hand-drawn stick figure animation. Features poor drawing skills and extreme shortness, plus the endless loop!
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    The stick. fig. movement was rather realistic, however i recommend only frame-by framing those things that move.
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    Make a clip that's a whole minute long and we will spare you!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    I currently have a sort of flash animation thingy under construction (really, it's true!). I'll probably spend most of this week creating it and stuff, now that Oblivion seems a bit unstable and GMod is too boring.

The bugger includes my voice (*gasp*) and a vector representation of me (a skeleton character in a hooded robe), plus a lock character (like the ones in Lock Legion), which I'm gonna call GrimLock (if I ever join Lock Legion, I'm gonna use it as my alias there. Also, any lines it might have I will voice with Speakonia).
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Please tell me the char is better than the one you have as your avatar.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Please tell me the char is better than the one you have as your avatar.
    You can see how it looks (so far) from my new avvy.

Better than the previous one, no?
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Eek... That'll need some time to get used to...

But yeah, I like it .
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    YUCK!!!! Grim, what have you done to your face!

But seriously, the last one was much better. It might be caused by the fact I dont like close+ups on faces, but I still ****** hate this one.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    close+ups
    What kind of messed-up punctuation is that?

Grim, really, we all liked your old avatar better.

(Besides, now it'll take me even longer to get the TPoD3 done (if I ever get around to it), because now I have to get your new avatar. THINK OF ALL THE WASTED TIME DOWNLOADING IT! I could do something far more useful with those three seconds! Like... er... pick my nose or something)
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    (Besides, now it'll take me even longer to get the TPoD3 done (if I ever get around to it), because now I have to get your new avatar. THINK OF ALL THE WASTED TIME DOWNLOADING IT! I could do something far more useful with those three seconds! Like... er... pick my nose or something)
    You still use Idiota's old avatar...
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    You still use Idiota's old avatar...
    Have you forgotten how long I haven't touched TPoD for? That was his avatar at the time.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    I'm fairly sure it wasn't... But enough about TPoD ramblings!

The people who hate my new avvy, please tell me what particular thingy should be changed in order to improve it.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Grim, the old one was perfect, thats the problem. But if you HAVE to keep the face one, well...

1) Is it intentional that the face is saying "whatever..."?
    2) It looks like... cube.
    3) Yeeeew! What nose is THAT? Yes, I know how a nose of skull looks like, and its not like that.
    4) Not a sewered head. Please.
    5) Not-so-strong outlines.
    6) Scytche is missing.

But all that is here only incase you REALLY have to replace the old one for some reason (for example your family being kidnapped or something), otherwise give us back the old Grim.

"MageKing17" said:
    "Pete" said:
    close+ups
    What kind of messed-up punctuation is that?

Originally close-ups. Now look at the numeric keyboard.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    oops, double post. I cant delete any of them, so please, someone delete this.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    0.o

I suddenly feel very inclined to draw a bunch of Grim Reaper pics and email them to Grim...
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    As a sidenote, I've yet to complete the body and stuff. And IMHO my new avvy thingy has more personality than the previous one.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Blah blah blah, change of plans, blah blah blah, mimicking Crazy's style, blah blah blah, will be finished soon-like, blah blah blah.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    As a sidenote, I've yet to complete the body and stuff. And IMHO my new avvy thingy has more personality than the previous one.
    Yes, it really, really does. Kickass.
    #
    Forum » Grim's flash stuff
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: