Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Turbo Pascal

Turbo Pascal

ForceUser 19 years ago
So, does ANYBODY know the language? We used it in school (old I know ) and the year after us got to do html and java

Anywyas I know it, for better or worse so I do have a few things in TP somewhere (Just have to find it) I just found TP verry easy, the basics atleast, so I hope java and html will be equally easy when I begin my studies this year.

ForceUser
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
While I answered 'No and no', I do know the language, just don't know how to create anything with it. Nor have a compiler for it.

I would have one, but the damn discettes didn't work...
#
Amarth 19 years ago
I never got to pascal, mostly because I was into BASIC then, and that was pretty hard enough for me at that moment...
You'll find HTML easy, it's actually not a programming but a markup language, so they shouldn't be compared...
And Java is a nice language for learning, it is heavily object-oriented and a lot more logically structured then, for example, C++. There are some things you'll need to learn, but it's not really that hard... Lots of practice will help. And ask any questions you have .

-Amarth
#
Casanova 19 years ago
I remember seeing several dusty books on turbo pascal at my school, wasnt it made to be used for windows 3.1?
#
eug1404 19 years ago
HTML is a breeze, anyone with even the slightest amount of intellegence should be able to pick it up with ease.
Java is much harder, but is actually a language, but is slower than C++.

And you guys are lucky that your schools teach programming at all the brain-dead school i went to last year taught nothing more than word processing, the most advanced "programming course" was a frontpage/web design course in year 9 .The only good course there was a computer networking one, CCNA, and let me tell you, CISCO router configuration is not fun, it's nasty.
#
ville 19 years ago
You're talking about Turbo Pascal right? We had a few hours playing with it in elementary school. It's a good language, and later evolved to Delphi.
#
Marevix 19 years ago
Elementary school?!.. Fuzzy says that all you do in 7th grade computer science is do stuff in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. I wish I lived in Finland.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
"Marevix" said:
I wish I lived in Finland.
Seconded, no wonder that a whole lot of the best freeware games come from the Scandanavian nations, they train em from birth .
#
Doogsy 19 years ago
i don't. too cold for me.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
"Doogsy" said:
i don't. too cold for me.
Meh its damned freezing down here at the bottom of the Earth(New Zealand) as well so i think i'd adjust fine ,
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
It's cold only at winter. But in the summer, the mosquitos... And the horseflys... The reason I don't go out much at summer.

Still, while it isn't plagued by horseflys and mosquitos, it's a damn good place to live, cuz 1) We have the smallest amount of corruption on Earth! 2)We are one of the most safe countries (while speaking of natural disasters or the god damn critters like snakes etc.).

I can't think of anything else for now.
#
NeoGangster 19 years ago
"ville" said:
You're talking about Turbo Pascal right? We had a few hours playing with it in elementary school. It's a good language, and later evolved to Delphi.
yeah it evolved to Delphi so I don't really know how I should answer the Poll because I know TP and Delphi but just coded in Delphi(It's damn easy)

Elementary school?!.. Fuzzy says that all you do in 7th grade computer science is do stuff in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. I wish I lived in Finland.
Damn we made Powerpoint and Word at 7th grade till 10th grade too -.- that's horrible, ok I always got an 1 for all my works because it's so easy(so we surfed in the internet while we hadn't anything to do ) but we should have made some real programming languages. now we are making Delphi and HTML they are both easy as nothing else I know. In 12th grade we will make PHP and other web stuff. and in 13th grade we will make Java.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
"NeoGangster" said:
"ville" said:
yeah it evolved to Delphi so I don't really know how I should answer the Poll because I know TP and Delphi but just coded in Delphi(It's damn easy)
But Pascal itself is quite powerfull still, look at the Bloodshed Dev-C++ compiler(that is widely used and regarded as the best free C++ compiler) it was programed in Turbo Pascal.
Then thier Turbo Pascal compiler(Bloodshed Dev-Pascal) was programmed in C++, lol, a never-ending-circle-of-programming-compilers-to-languages-to-compiler-to-languages(is it legal to have that many parts to a compund word?).
#
Marevix 19 years ago
Makes me want to learn Pascal. Why couldn't someone program a C++ compiler in C++? They don't seem to like doing that.
#
ville 19 years ago
Well you can obviously, but then you'd end up looping endlessly if you compiled your own compiler with your own compiler. No really, there's no reason why you couldn't do a C++ compiler with C++. Anyway, Dev C++ doesn't have it's own compiler, it used MinGW32.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
True, well at least the IDE was programmed in Pascal IIRC.
#
Forum » Turbo Pascal

Your email:
Your name: