Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Role-Playing Thread GAME Thread!

The Role-Playing Thread GAME Thread!

MageKing17 19 years ago
Okay, so Zombie and I want to make the rules from the Role-Playing Thread into an actual game. More to come soon...
#
void 19 years ago
I voted no. Isn't it just like D&D and a million other RPGs? I guess if you're making a game it's as good as any but what makes it unique?
#
MageKing17 19 years ago
"void" said:
I voted no. Isn't it just like D&D and a million other RPGs? I guess if you're making a game it's as good as any but what makes it unique?
Try reading the full rules for the Role-Playing thread.
#
Idiota 19 years ago
Can you build warships in D&D? no
Can you build fortresses in D&D? no
Can you attack other peoples fortresses in D&D? no
Is neverwinter nights a good game? yes
Is neverwinter nights based on D&D? yes

I can go on and on about this.
#
Amarth 19 years ago
Well... In D&D you just do whatever you want to to. It's only a set of rules, your fantasy is the limit, you define the gaming world entirely yourself.
However this game has nothing to do with D&D... It's more of a strategy game to me... I admit that I haven't read the whole thread. I'll just wait, helping if someone needs my help, and hoping the result will be fun to play. I do that with most games in development.
Good luck with it, I'm supporting you, but mostly from a distance, if you get me .

-Amarth
#
MageKing17 19 years ago
"Amarth" said:
I admit that I haven't read the whole thread
That's why I condensed all the rules into the first post. Although I think I forgot one or two...
#
Anonymous1157 19 years ago
Hmm... yeah.... but....... side-scrolling game MEANING..?

EDIT: What's B&D? (I just finished reading the thread)
#
MageKing17 19 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
Hmm... yeah.... but....... side-scrolling game MEANING..?

EDIT: What's B&D? (I just finished reading the thread)
1) It's not a side-scroller.

2) D&D is short for Dungeons and Dragons, which is the original RPG all RPGs have been based off of for about thirty years. Ever played... Icewind dale? Knights Of The Old Republic? Anything even remotely along those lines? Based off of D&D.
#
UberWaffe 19 years ago
MageKing, are you and Zombie aiming to write the complex version (one with fortresses, battlefields, etc.) right off the bat or are you first going to make a text based (basic rules only) game first?
Just wondering because the complex version might take long and I am looking forward to being able to play.
#
MageKing17 19 years ago
"UberWaffe" said:
MageKing, are you and Zombie aiming to write the complex version (one with fortresses, battlefields, etc.) right off the bat or are you first going to make a text based (basic rules only) game first?
Just wondering because the complex version might take long and I am looking forward to being able to play.
I was thinking on making two games, like two games in a series. The first game would be as the thread is now, with all the cool stuff you can do now. The second game will be the complicated one with fortresses, battlefields, and a whole load of other cool stuff.

I'll probably start work on it after the Amateur Game Making Competition is over.
#
Forum » The Role-Playing Thread GAME Thread!

Your email:
Your name: