Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Project game

Project game

Neoecs 19 years ago
Why not start a project in C or C++ ? Where everybody does a small part? I can do some programming
#
Neoecs 19 years ago
Please post commecnts also.. and ideas for the game
#
Idiota 19 years ago
this is not going to work. The game will lack style and working on it will make alot of quarrels etc.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
It's too hard to organize such projects, as you also have to keep all team-members motivated, and then if you lose motivation the project needs a new leader.
And even then you usually want such projects run by more well-known(no offense or anything) forum member, who is more likely to get people to join, and get results...
#
Neoecs 19 years ago
I didnt say i should be the leader, you can be the leader or anyone else...
#
UberWaffe 19 years ago
I have seen many great ideas get underfoot with highly motivated staff. But most of them never make it. Why?
"eug1404" said:
as you also have to keep all team-members motivated
It is just too difficult to keep people working, motivated, together, and on schedule over the internet. The reason game companies do it is because you get fired if you don't work. How do you motivate and/or threaten someone you have never met or seen? Ban them from your thread?
Eug1404 is right. Lack of motivation will kill it, even if everyone involved has the needed skills.

Edit: Even ville would agree that you need a very close relationship / understanding with someone in order to work over the internet. (And ville is good at motivating anyone. FEAR of being banned. Just joking... I hope. )

But perhaps if you kept the project simple? Then once you know who you can rely on and who is motivated, then you can tackle something bigger. (But sorting out big programs over the Internet isn't easy either.)

Btw: Avoid double posting as you did up top. If nobody has posted and you want to add something just 'edit' your last post. (There is a button on your post for that.) No offense meant. It just... unsettles some people.
#
ville 19 years ago
I'd say that each project does need someone who really leads it and figuratively owns the product. Even me and Quan had our own problems with Notrium 1.3, even though we were only polishing and making new content. It's not a bad idea to get people working towards a goal, but someone needs to step out with an idea and say: "This is the game we're going to make, now who's with me!"

Unless of course there's money involved, that's a different dimension altogether.
#
Forum » Project game

Your email:
Your name: