Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Possible Incentive To Buying Direct From Here

Possible Incentive To Buying Direct From Here

Ohana (guest) 11 years ago
I have been looking at the blog listing the patches, and I am considering to get the game from GoG. But it seems Driftmoon is undergoing a lot of fine tuning. And each time there is fine tuning the version here at Instant Kingdom gets updated first.

So that has resulted in me still undecided whether to buy from GoG or from here. Wouldn't you say that having a game with the least bugs as soon as possible is an incentive to buying direct from here?
#
ville 11 years ago
For now it seems that things are calming down a bit on the update front, so don't worry about that (the game seems to be quite stable now!). The GOG.com version also has the same autoupdater, and we release the update to it usually on the same day or one day after the version from our site. I guess the biggest difference is that getting the game through us your money goes 100% to supporting starving (well fed actually) indie developers (and in turn we donate 15% to the Red Cross). We've promised to support and keep all versions of the game updated, no matter where you got it from.
#
Ohana (guest) 11 years ago
I am surprised to see you say you are not starving (lol) seems like you guys are doing ok, I am happy to see that. I had expected you to say things like "We need the money to keep the family going, we appreciate every direct sale we get."

That would have gotten my "vote" ... at least.
#
Anne 11 years ago
Ohana (guest) said:
I am surprised to see you say you are not starving (lol) seems like you guys are doing ok, I am happy to see that. I had expected you to say things like "We need the money to keep the family going, we appreciate every direct sale we get."

That would have gotten my "vote" ... at least.

We're not rich, but we're not poor either, because for the most part, we've both had pay jobs to keep the family fed. Of course, if Driftmoon does well enough, we might be able to make another game in less than seven years.

In all honesty, buying from us is naturally the best option for us, but any place you prefer is certainly fine. So you needn't feel bad, if for some reason you'd rather buy through a distributor.
#
ville 11 years ago
If working on Driftmoon were our only source of income, we would have died of starvation about 6 years ago. We definitely do appreciate every euro and dollar of support - it allows us to spend more time making games.
Edited 11 years ago
#
Forum » Possible Incentive To Buying Direct From Here

Your email:
Your name: