Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Final version of 1.34 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Final version of 1.34 released!

ville 18 years ago
    The final version of 1.34 has been released, once again downloadable at http://www.monkkonen.net/notrium.php.

Not much new if you already have the release candidate, but be sure to update your version if you plan on playing some of the upcoming amazing mods!
    #
    DiXiE 18 years ago
    Hi, i have only question: Why time passes so fast? is there purpose for this? I think slower time will be great, as PC will have to think twice what to do in night
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    There's no real reason to why time should pass at the speed it does. It's just been balanced that way.
    #
    Nerd 18 years ago
    Yes, but perhaphs have it that unless the character can find some kind of shelter of warms then he/she will dir by morning, that way it would make the planet more hostile.
    #
    cobra_banshee 18 years ago
    I find the game a bit laggy, even if my machine is very good and fast.
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Quite possible, quite possible. The camera system is a bit slow to catch on even if you have a fast computer.
    #
    Do you know how to fix the problem, or weaken it? I really want to play at normal speed, or maybe it will be solved later?
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    No, I would have already if I knew how.
    #
    And yea, I shutted down MSN and other un-needed programs before running the game, its not Windows, its something wrong with Notrium. Do you think redownloading would solve it?
    #
    Fusion 18 years ago
    If you are talking about the camera lag then that is a charactiristic of the Grim2D engine, It cant be helped unless ville creates some kind of algorythim that shifts the camera faster in the direction you are going, Something for the next version.
    #
    I have to press a button for like 2 seconds, then my alien jumps like 20 pixels in the direction. It's pretty nasty but im trying to redownload.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Fusion" said:
    If you are talking about the camera lag then that is a charactiristic of the Grim3D engine, It cant be helped unless ville creates some kind of algorythim that shifts the camera faster in the direction you are going, Something for the next version.

Ahem.

It's Grim2D engine, not 3D...
    #
    I can play if I set the resoulotion to the lowest and choose Windowed. Its smaller but hey, i can play the game.
    #
    Fusion 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Fusion" said:
    If you are talking about the camera lag then that is a charactiristic of the Grim3D engine, It cant be helped unless ville creates some kind of algorythim that shifts the camera faster in the direction you are going, Something for the next version.

Ahem.

It's Grim2D engine, not 3D...

Whoops, Fixed.
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    "Cobra_Banshee" said:
    I have to press a button for like 2 seconds, then my alien jumps like 20 pixels in the direction. It's pretty nasty but im trying to redownload.

If it does that, then the problem is that your computer is too slow. If you think you have a good enough computer, updating drivers may help.
    #
    Nerd 18 years ago
    My computer is like 4-5 years old, but it has some pretty modden drives and runs Notrium fine, unless i take advantage of the Ferel Rage bug that allows you to travel at amaazing speeds as the alien.
    #
    burgerking 18 years ago
    Try using 16 bit mode instead of 32 bit mode, and put the resoultion down to 800x600 full screen. that works fine for me and my comp is a piece of junk!
    #
    "ville" said:
    "Cobra_Banshee" said:

If it does that, then the problem is that your computer is too slow. If you think you have a good enough computer, updating drivers may help.

I guess that does the trick
    #
    AsdMaster 18 years ago
    Problem Ville

Download.com the most widely known download center on the internet contains notrium version 1.33 (Too OLd)

Thats where 13,000 people found out about Notrium!!!
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "AsdMaster" said:
    Problem Ville

Download.com the most widely known download center on the internet contains notrium version 1.33 (Too OLd)

Thats where 13,000 people found out about Notrium!!!

I'd say that's their problem, not Ville's.
    #
    AsdMaster 18 years ago
    Maybe because 9\10 of Ville's people came out of there
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to see if I can update the version on download.com.
    #
    LunaticNeko 17 years ago
    Err, will there be any more updates?
    #
    ville 17 years ago
    Quite likely no.

Quanrian is still planning on that big overhaul to the default game, but I'm not going to allow him to work on it while we're still working on Cormoon.
    #
    Darkdude 17 years ago
    Will any updates have Werivar incoporated into them?
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Thaimodz" said:
    Err, will there be any more updates?

"Ville" said:
    Quite likely no.

Geez.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    "ville" said:
    Quite likely no.

Quanrian is still planning on that big overhaul to the default game, but I'm not going to allow him to work on it while we're still working on Cormoon.

It'd actually be a bit tricky to fiddle with it, having not touched it in over a year now. I'm not sure how much I even remember and I'm sure Ville shares the same sentiments. There is always mods however and really there is still a ton of untapped potential for Notrium mods.
    #
    Z-Virus 16 years ago
    Relating to an earlier poster, I more or less have the opposite problem, the game runs too fast for me. Before I can even turn around to an alien, I'm almost half-dead. The character runs way too fast, too, making it quite difficult to pick up items. I tried various settings to no avail. Anyone got an idea how to solve this issue?
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    "Z-Virus" said:
    Relating to an earlier poster, I more or less have the opposite problem, the game runs too fast for me. Before I can even turn around to an alien, I'm almost half-dead. The character runs way too fast, too, making it quite difficult to pick up items. I tried various settings to no avail. Anyone got an idea how to solve this issue?
    There was a specific AMD processor that had similar problems with RTB. We don't have (Or even need) an equivalent of the patch that fixed that problem, so if you have a new PC with an AMD, we can't help you.

If that's not the case, feel free to post your specs and any other details you may have forgotten IN THE RIGHT THREAD. Thank you.
    #
    Z-Virus 16 years ago
    I terribly apologize for posting in the wrong thread, but I had no better idea which one to use. The Bug thread is locked, the question thread is only about gameplay and I can't open new threads either. I'm sorry about this.

Ah, I guess that's too bad then. Can't help it.
    #
    ... Oh, yea! I forgot about the lock on new threads. Sorry if I seemed a bit... angry. This one will do nicely.

Specifically, it's the AMD 64-bit dual-core (Or 32-bit, not sure) that causes the problem. If you have just any old socket-7 AMD, or a single-core or whatever, we may still be able to help you. If it's the dual-core, all I can recommend is going into your BIOS and turning off the second CPU (Although that kinda defeats the purpose).
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    I wonder....could you mod it to reduce the game speed? Sort like with the aliens rage?
    #
    Possibly, but then you'd have to patch each mod individually. Not to mention that the game is being run at the processor's max speed anyways, so any fix done that way would make the AI seem COMPLETELY RETARDED.

... Besides, it's only one case. If we asked AMD to develop a patch for us, they probably would NOT, unless we invited more AMD users to play just to get enough support for such a patch. And then there's the fact that Ville is very strict on showing people his source files. Have you ever seen them? No? Exactly.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Aren't there utilities out there to reduce the amount of CPU allocated to one program?

It might just make the game choppy and even more unplayable, though.
    #
    The guy that had the same problem with Blockland said the same thing IIRC.

Why bother arguing about it, anyways? The guy never posted again, so whatever he did obviously worked.
    #
    Forum » Final version of 1.34 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: