Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Forge question

Forge question

AsdMaster 18 years ago
I understand why you do not want to release the source code for notrium because it can be modified a little and then sold in the market under new developer...

But since the forge is outdated can you release its source code so people can try to improve it by fixing graphics adding weapons and fixing controls, and better AI.

I've never done any good c++ but I am trying to learn

So can you please release it.
#
LunaticNeko 18 years ago
Errr, I think Ville said he sold the source already.

And he must declare the 'declaration of abandonware' too, IMO.

Forge [ABANDONWARE - FREESOURCE]
#
ville 18 years ago
Besides, it's such lousy code I wouldn't want to show it to you.
#
AsdMaster 18 years ago
But I am an extremely lousy c++er i can't even build a calculator correctly
#
ville 18 years ago
"AsdMaster" said:
But I am an extremely lousy c++er i can't even build a calculator correctly

Then you won't learn much from this code. If you only want to read other's code, search sourceforge for open source games.
#
AsdMaster 18 years ago
Whats sourceforge
#
void 18 years ago
"Ville" said:
Besides, it's such lousy code I wouldn't want to show it to you.

It was good enough to make a stable game, plus it was so long ago it's almost as if another person made it because you've improved so much since then, I wouldn't mind if you released it under my name .

It would be awesome if you released the source to one of your games. There are a few forum members who know enough to be able to make at least minor changes so we could have alot of fun, and lets not forget it would attract a new group of people to the forum, more members wouldn't hurt. You could always just release it to those members on the forum who would like to play around with it and try to add some features .

Never going to happen is it

by the way asdmaster this is sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/ it houses heaps of open source projects including games.
#
LunaticNeko 18 years ago
Looks like Ville is hiding the NSA (No Such Agency, the top-secret agency of spies and intelligence in the USA) and UN infos in his code so he can't show it to us

SourceForge projects are all free. You will never ever need to pay.

And I don't think anyone can continue Ville's spaghetti Forge.
#
Crazy 18 years ago
Been watching "mercury falling", eh thaimodz?
NSA is the National Security Agency if my memory does not fail me.
#
AsdMaster 18 years ago
Lets get a code from source forge and everyone modify the same one whoever does the best modifying wins

I am going to loose
#
ville 18 years ago
"Thaimodz" said:
And I don't think anyone can continue Ville's spaghetti Forge.

That's true. The Forge was my first 3D game, done in about four month. Pure spaghetti.
#
LunaticNeko 18 years ago
"Crazy" said:
Been watching "mercury falling", eh thaimodz?
NSA is the National Security Agency if my memory does not fail me.

I play Splinter Cell, and I read Digital Fortress.

We're supposed to keep this a secret.

And Ville I don't think it's a good idea to write a full-scale 3D game in spaghetti. Even I use a simple PHP script I put comment on about all commands I used.

"A man sure needs to hide something."
#
Forum » Forge question

Your email:
Your name: