Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Monkkonen.net Soldat clan: Ville Corp [VC]
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Monkkonen.net Soldat clan: Ville Corp [VC]

Anarion 17 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    And if you keep shooting someone in the foot: You can do that endlessly. shoot 15 bullets in his foot then tighten a piece of cloth around his anckle to prevent blood from going through, or amputate the foot and scorch the wound. Rawr medieval style.
    Somehow I think that after receiving 15 bullets in the foot from a .45 caliber pistol you wouldn't have much of a foot left to amputate

Edit: How does one become a member of this clan? Sign up here?
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Just put the 'VC' tag somewhere in your name.

I'd really love to do 1 VS all against you guys in survival realistic. It's just so fun after you realise it takes only one shot from ruger-77 to the head is insta-gib
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    It's also fun to realise that just couple shots to the back is a no-danger kill with AK.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    My favourite is getting up close and personal and blowing them away with the shotgun.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    I prefer my enemies to EXPLODE!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I prefer my enemies to EXPLODE!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
    Well yes, thats always rather fun to see too
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    We should have our own server.

...I don't know anything (well, that's the fact anyways) about hosting servers so if any one of you are smartsie enough go ahead.

I'll say the guide is updated when I want to, henceforth thy guide is naught thee to keep. Shalt thy keep writin' like this thy shalt take teh road to insanity.

...Go ahead, panic.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Ye Olde Englishe Lessone

Thy (or thine) = your, thou = you, thee = (to) you.

Examples:

Thy/Thine will be done.

Thou shalt pay for thine crimes!

Unto thee I give this task.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Examples:

Thy/Thine will be done.

Your will be done?

BTW: I now have a [VC] tag in my name. So my name is "Bestrafer_fin [VC]".
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Examples:

Thy/Thine will be done.

Your will be done?
    Yes. It's a way of saying "I shall do as you wish" or "Your wish is my command".
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    I'd have said that as: Thine will will be done.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    But that's stupid. "Thy will will be done" means you'll do their will eventually. "Thy will be done" means their will is being done now.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    I thought thy meant I or my. How silly of thy.

And seeing that this interests many people, shouldn't there be some sort of rankings?

Of course, most of the time, rankings are gay but it should be used who has better statistics then others methinks?

...I think I might as well as scrap that idea.

So the only members of the VC will be the forumers in here, correct?
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Murska" said:
    But that's stupid. "Thy will will be done" means you'll do their will eventually. "Thy will be done" means their will is being done now.

Thy will is being done.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Thine will will will, Will.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Thine will will will, Will.
    ... What hath thou said? Thine language art difficult to comprehend!
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Thy/Thine will be done.
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Thou shalt pay for thine crimes!
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Thine language art difficult to comprehend!
    Your use of Thine in those sentences is incorrect. Thine is only used in front of an initial vowel or a h.

Here endeth the lesson.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    ANYWAY, we were talking about the Soldat clan, no?
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Indeed we were, and I have already put ~[VC]~ after my name in Soldat. It occurs to me tho that it doesn't necessarily have to be only for Soldat. If we did it for every Multiplayer game it would make it easier to identify each other if we ran into someone playing under a different nickname.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    I have done that in Soldat, but in none other. Anyway, I'm usually either Murska or Bestrafer_fin.
    #
    Nobly 17 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    "Nobly" said:

I personally dislike the realistic mode.
    The field of view is 180° and only changes vertically which makes aiming straight up very irritating and confusing.

Uh, you usually AREN'T shooting straight up, espesially since usually you SHOULD be moving, in which case nobody should stay right above you for any length of time.

I present you The Realistic Duel Tactics lesson #1:

Death from above.
    (spassbomb)

When "surfing" up in the air you can actually stay above your target for long enough to perform this even if you were spotted. (which usually never happens)
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    The Realistic Tactic Lessons:

Don't keep your mouse too far in front, for you can't turn quickly nor see enough near you. Also check behind you once in a while. If you don't get spotted, stay out of line of sight. If you do, MOVE. A lot. Anything kills you quickly, Ruger the most, but if they can't hit you easily, you can survive(And kill them) with nary a scratch.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    I'll copy paste this stuff into me guide but I'll post here just so you can keep your lazy fingers on this page.

Here goes... something:

Basic Techniques:

Grenade Momentum- While running throw a grenade. This'll make the grenade go farther at longer distances. Also works great while jumping.

Spray- Meh, too basic. Figure it out. Other than that used for lucky kills offscreen.

Aim for the chest- With an automatic weapon, try to aim for the enemies chest for full fire coverage.

Crouch Midair- Crouch midair while the enemy is in horizontal sight of you so that its bullets well hit less often. Also with Barret, you can snipe far distance with it without big recoil.

Clicking Happy- Preferably with AK-74 or FN Minimi and with a map that has decent amount of jet fuel, keep on clicking both buttons at the same time. Works wonders.

Stay above your enemy- Try to stay above your enemy all the time for easier shots and headshots.

Intermediate Technique:

180 Degree Spray- With an automatic weapon, rush at an enemy camping near some type of block (Like sandbags, boxes, stuff) and jump over him while spraying the area. Risky.

Nade Jumping- When a map has a low amount of jet fuel or none at all, throw a nade near you and jump after counting about 3 seconds. This'll give you a considerable boost.

Knife Throwing- Throw your knife using weapon throw button (Default F). The longer you press the longer you throw.

Chainsaw Massacre- Charge at your enemy while in crouch position midair and use the jet until you reach the target. Deemed near impossible.

Burst Midair- Again, use either AK-74 or FN Minimi and instaed of single shots, burst while rapidly tapping jet button.

Headshots- Aim for head. Harder than you think.

Ricochet Nade- Throw a nade against a wall and hope it ricochets to the other side when normal throwing won't work.

Advanced Techniques:
    (Note: Very risky, dangerous, and goddamn hard to pull off)

Back Hit/Stab- Go behind an enemy, hit him once, run back, and fire at the unarmed asswipe.

LAW Launch- You're more likely to kill yourself then to successfully perform it. Jump and crouch while in midair, take out your M7 LAW, and shoot it on the ground to cruise across the screen. Even then, surfing the skies into enemy territory is still freaking dangerous.

Randomness- When an ammo of your weapon runs out while in a middle of a firefight, pick up a weapon from dead enemy and use that weapon against your enemy. Side-effects include weapons disappearing miraculously, taking longer to find the weapon then reload, and getting a crappy ass weapon that you'd not call it a weapon.

Rush- Go infiltrate the enemy lines ASAP and shoot them in the back. Make sure the shots are 100% accurate.

I know I missed some so I'll post some more when I want to. Giving your own techniques will contribute to teh guide and maybe with your name on it.

...Fine your name will be on it. Just don't rampage me with your new learned skills
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    On the "Clicking Happy" one, what buttons? One mouse button is my "fire" and the other is "Grenade". On the last one, I use a similar tactic in Trenchwars, hide in a bush somewhere, let enemies line go by, then shoot them in the back. Better still, ask your teammates not to kill anyone(So they don't respawn) and go take the flag. Another use of this is to rush past the enemy, stop and turn, they should turn and face you, then let your friends rush them while they are looking back. If they don't turn, you can shoot them easily.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    On the "Clicking Happy" one, what buttons? One mouse button is my "fire" and the other is "Grenade".

I mean the jetpack AND the firing button.

"Murska" said:
    On the last one, I use a similar tactic in Trenchwars, hide in a bush somewhere, let enemies line go by, then shoot them in the back.

That's not what I'm talking about...
    What the hell, it might work.

"Murska" said:
    Better still, ask your teammates not to kill anyone(So they don't respawn) and go take the flag.

Somehow, I don't think anyone is THAT co-operative >.>

"Murska" said:
    Another use of this is to rush past the enemy, stop and turn, they should turn and face you, then let your friends rush them while they are looking back. If they don't turn, you can shoot them easily.

By the time they turn and face you while your friends just came, it is highly likely that you'll be butchered in 5 seconds flat. Also if they don't turn then unless you follow them it'll be hard to hit.

Anybody participating in Soldat in any form at all? If you do, just post and tell me how active you are and what times you'll be more likely to be playing at. I'll use my post-it powers and copy, cut, edit in photoshop, and paste to the guide. Don't forget to tell the map preferences and stuff (well... Duh).

And for one last note... go kick some shiney hiney's ass.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    Anybody participating in Soldat in any form at all? If you do, just post and tell me how active you are and what times you'll be more likely to be playing at.
    I play on the net only occasionally, since there are few occupied servers that are low enough ping.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:

By the time they turn and face you while your friends just came, it is highly likely that you'll be butchered in 5 seconds flat. Also if they don't turn then unless you follow them it'll be hard to hit.

Bah. Even in realistic, I can dodge well enough not to die that fast, unless the enemy is very numerous or using OHK weapons accurately.

Anyway, I play very occasionally, sometimes many hours on end and sometimes couple of minutes.
    #
    Nobly 17 years ago
    Technique:

(Only works against noobies (or bots in some situations))

Most effective against Barretards.

Throw a grenade over your enemy (Madgamer's "Grenade Momentum" might help) and charge in with spass, mp5, knife or chainsaw forcing your enemy to back off and get blasted by the grenade you threw.

If you use knife or chainsaw, in some cases the bots just..... get jammed somehow.
    First they try to walk backwards (they are always afraid of melee weapons). When they get close to your grenade they turn back trying to avoid walking on it and get scared off by you again. Then they just stand there performing some sort of a strange twisting dance waiting to get slaughtered.
    This ofcourse only works if the bot has a weapon with long reload time (ideally minigun).
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Nobly" said:
    Technique:

(Only works against noobies (or bots in some situations))

Most effective against Barretards.

Throw a grenade over your enemy (Madgamer's "Grenade Momentum" might help) and charge in with spass, mp5, knife or chainsaw forcing your enemy to back off and get blasted by the grenade you threw.

Uhm. Or you might just throw the grenade AT the enemy, killing him instantly.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    I think you missed his point. That strategy is meant to scare idiots into running into the grenade because they're so dumb.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Yeah, I did get that, but what's the point in throwing a grenade BEHIND someone when you can throw it AT someone. MUCH easier. Although, if you already have missed, then it might work.
    #
    Nobly 17 years ago
    "Murska" said:

- Because of the fun of seeing someone getting killed like that

- Because throwing a grenade ON someone hardly ever kills them. Running on one is instant killer.

"SoldatWiki" said:

There are three zones on the ragdoll that modifies the final damage.

* Head - 115%
    * Torso - 100%
    * Legs - 90%

For grenades the table is seemingly reversed with explosions triggered on the legs causing massive amounts of damage compared to the head.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Nobly" said:
    "Murska" said:

- Because of the fun of seeing someone getting killed like that

- Because throwing a grenade ON someone hardly ever kills them. Running on one is instant killer.

"SoldatWiki" said:

There are three zones on the ragdoll that modifies the final damage.

* Head - 115%
    * Torso - 100%
    * Legs - 90%

For grenades the table is seemingly reversed with explosions triggered on the legs causing massive amounts of damage compared to the head.

I play realistic. Grenades kill, wherever you hit with them.
    #
    Nobly 17 years ago
    The techniques I post are mainly always for normal mode.

In realistic mode there's very few actual techniques you can use after you spot your enemy or your enemy spots you. Techniques are mostly to guarantee that you are the one who gets the first shot.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    In realistic mode, the techniques are to prevent getting hit, and to prevent getting spotted. Teamwork is also hugely important, as is mobility.
    #
    Forum » The Monkkonen.net Soldat clan: Ville Corp [VC]
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: