Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Official Monkkonen.net Chatroom!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Official Monkkonen.net Chatroom!

Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    It is I, Grim Reaper! And this is a thread that I post just to let some of you know that there in fact IS a chatroom for Monkkonen.net!

For those of you that have an IRC client that supports irc:// URLs, go to irc://irc.abjects.net/MonkkonenChat.

For those of you that have an IRC client that DOESN'T support irc:// URLs, start up your IRC client, connect to the irc.abjects.net server and join the channel #MonkkonenChat.

For those of you that don't have an IRC client, get an IRC client (with irc:// URL support) from here (ChatZilla, a Firefox Addon) or here (HexChat, a standalone IRC client).

Lastly, if you for some reason don't want to, or simply can't, get an IRC client, here's a web-based IRC widget thingy (configured by Crazy).
    NOTE: The password is only if you wish to automatically identify when using a nickname you've registered with NickServ (for help on how to perform nickname registration, type "/msg nickserv help register" in the input box, without the quotes, when connected to the server).

If for some reason the main server address does not work for you, you might want to try one of the following:

irc.eu.abjects.net (Europe)
    irc.us.abjects.net (USA)
    irc.as.abjects.net (Asia)

You can also try replacing the ".net" part of the above URLs with either ".com" or ".org".

Note: The resident Ops (and Admins) are MageKing17 and myself. Due to one or two cases of channel deregistration on account of Founder and Successor nickname deregistration, I have taken it upon myself to remain as the founder.

Other Monkkonen.net channels include #MonkkonenRP (for discussing general RP-ing and perhaps playing one) and #MonkkonenWW (for fast-paced Werewolf games over IRC).

NOTICE: Cleared out some outdated info, fixed the Mibbit link.

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    Amarth 18 years ago
    And for those of you that use Firefox, but don't have an IRC program, use Chatzilla! Yes, it supports the irc-scheme (irc://).

For those of you that don't use Firefox, get Firefox!

And please, no discussion about Firefox in this thread .
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    I recommend BerisIRC. I have no idea how to get it, tho. Google perhaps?
    #
    muffinman 18 years ago
    It would of been better if we had more members. Theres like nobody on.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    I have no time, sadly. I normally spend most of my day in the chatroom, but now I have Black and White 2 to play, and if that starts to bore I can always go back to Morrowind.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    BUMPZORZ!!!

This thread needs to get sticky!

*goes get some glue*
    #
    Casanova 18 years ago
    Do you know what could draw more people in? Put a link to a page with info about the IRC chat room on the main monkkonen page. A button next to the "about" link would be nice.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    or "forum".
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    or "forum".
    Actually, that's a better idea. The bar would go "Main : Games : Forum : Chat (or IRC) : News : About." I think that would work well.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    And perhaps we could have that other link, too.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    And perhaps we could have that other link, too.
    ...?
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    This is a very good idea, yes?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Casanova" said:
    A button next to the "about" link would be nice.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Perhaps the entire screen would be a button, you would have to scroll down to see the rest of the page?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Casanova" said:
    Why have two buttons on the top bar doing the same thing?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Casanova" said:
    Why have two buttons on the top bar doing the same thing?

Ah, darnit, I misinterpreted Cas' button idea.

What I meant to say was, let's also make a button amongst the normal phpBB buttons (FAQ, Search, Memberlist...) here in the forums!
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Ah. Now that is a good idea.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Okay, we need some more OPs. Some who do something other than idle all day long. *cough*IDIOTA!*cough*
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    Idiota must be an idiota on the channel in that case... yes, I meant to spell idiota with a lowercase I. Anyone know spanish? BTW I'm coming back to it now that I got ChatZilla back! Expect me not to idle as I dont know how to idle myself.

[edit] SHIT! I cant get in but I have Chatzilla! I wonder if it was because I hacked it to use it with the 1.5 BETA... hmm...

[edit again] Censoring works, apparently... Let me put it this way: MANURE!
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    1) Why did you need to hack in order to use ChatZilla with Firefox later than 1.x?

2) Why are you using Firefox 1.5 BETA?
    #
    1) It wasnt supported with the older version I was using (Yes, 1.7 has been released)

2) I was using it because i'm smart enough to know that BETAs are more advance future versions, and I can deal with a few bugs here 'n there.

3) 1.7 is completely backwards-compatible for all of you firefox users who havent upgraded yet.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    I still can't realize why ChatZilla doesn't work fer you...

I mean, it works great with my Firefox (the newest version)...
    #
    OMG you're dumb. I just said that I got the newest version! It works fine now, see you in the room.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    OMG you're dumb. I just said that I got the newest version! It works fine now, see you in the room.

Erm, no, you did not say that you have the newest version. You just posted a piece of information stating that the newest version is fully backwards-compatible.
    #
    It wasnt supported with the older version I was using
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    It wasnt supported with the older version I was using

Well how did I know you didn't just switch to a SLIGHTLY NEWER version instead of the NEWEST one?

Anywho, come to the chatroom if you want/can then. I don't care about any problems you might or might not have with Firefox and/or ChatZilla.
    #
    I already said that I dont have any...

I got kicked 15 times when I was there.

Edit: Hey people you know what I just noticed!? Every single channel you could ever think of EBURZ exists in IRC! You can make up a channel name and actually connect to it!

Wierd...
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    i thinks its a special system. cause there's no way a channel named "OMGsusan" exists...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Anonymous1157, stop flaming people.

In IRC, whenever you "join" a channel that doesn't exist, it creates it then and there and makes you the admin. But that channel will go away if you don't register it. You have to do some complicated stuff with chanserv, but then you can make it a regular channel with ops, access lists, a topic, and everything. That's how we got #monkkonenchat, #monkkonenrp, and #monkkonenAETAS.
    #
    I'm flaming people? He is the one who started asking me stupid questions!
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I'm flaming people? He is the one who started asking me stupid questions!

I think MK was talking about the:
    OMG you're dumb.
    Now please, lets just leave this behind and continue onto the actual topic next time someone posts.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Don't make me grab Idiota, Anonymous1157.

And we still are suffering from OP deficiency. We need to make some more people permenant moderators, or at least have the last OP to log off instate someone as a temporary OP before they leave.
    #
    By Grab do you mean Strangle? Well, whatever you meant, we'll settle this in the chatroom.

*Wild-west gun duel music plays*
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    THIS topic shouldnt drift to page 2...
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    No really, it shouldnt!
    #
    Forum » The Official Monkkonen.net Chatroom!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: