Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Official Monkkonen.net Chatroom!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Official Monkkonen.net Chatroom!

Idiota 16 years ago
    You approach me with demands and I do nothing, E_net4.
    #
    Shingo 16 years ago
    I demand to know what Rule # 631 is.

IDIOTA, I DEMAND PIE, OR SO HELP ME.... I WILL....... CUT YOU!!!!!!!!111!!1!!!!ONE1111!!!1!!!111!!!!
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Ranting mode ON.

"Idiota" said:
    You approach me with demands and I do nothing, E_net4.
    I've slightly had it with this attitude. Idiota, it's not you, but you are at the top so you share responsibility. It's all of the regulars. Myself included, probably.

I don't know what's wrong with you guys. The elitist bastard attitude annoys me. You are actively bullying E_net4 and Nuk. You've scared away people with that attitude, not the least of which Vacuus. Probably a lot more before I got into IRC regularly.

Seriously, I demand this stops. You will scare away more people. Valuable people, people with potential. Who knows what they will be capable to when given time? Think about Vacuus or E_net4, creative people that are trying to develop themselves. You should welcome them, not ignore or even ridicule them.

When Cormoon comes out, we will be flooded with so-called 'noobs'. If you keep the attitude you have now, you keep them away. This means less players, less fun. In fact, this means an active boycott on Ville - a smaller community means less games sold, and you'd be the reason of that. On the other hand, a helpful, thriving community is a *lot* of fun. It equals creativity and happiness. It attracts interesting people. And it is something to be proud of.

I've seen (and am part of) online communities like that. Those are communities where people know each other in real life, or where the average age is about 35. Perhaps you are just too young to understand.

Perhaps I'm too young to be able to not care. I'm not saying I'm the one that knows it all or that I'm never in a kick-the-noob mood. I'm not saying things should change a lot. But a bit more patience, respect and empathy would be most welcome.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Good idea. By the way, you forgot to disable rant mode.

Anyway, most(all) of the rules are meant to be fun. They are not supposed to be taken too seriously.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Yes, I know. But they ARE taken seriously.

And even if there is only one person who might think the rules could be taken seriously, then we have made a mistake.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Including the fact that both me and Nuk are members of Monkkonen.net, and so, we deserve the same rights.
    I know we have made mistakes, but we are improving!
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Including the fact that both me and Nuk are members of Monkkonen.net, and so, we deserve the same rights.

Truly. You can actually type pretty well.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Yea. Sometimes he does mess up on sentence structure, but who gives? He's officially improving and capable of having meaningful conversations. What more could you want?
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Amarth, why are you directing all those statements to me? Ofcourse I should have done stuff against it, but it's not me who is the one actively kicking E_net and Nuk over and over. I never did any of that, nor did I ever treat them any other than I would treat Grim other than the way I chat with them.

Ofcourse you're right. And you can clearly see, E_net, that this is a much better way to get things done than to just demand stuff from me. I'm a lazy bastard, and trying to force me to do things isn't a good way to get me to do things. Really, when you state your demand and underline it, it just makes me instantly say 'no' whatever it's content. It's like trying to drag a mule; luring it with a carrot is much more efficient.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    Amarth, why are you directing all those statements to me?
    I'm not, I'm not. I just needed some quote from somewhere. could have just as well picked some lines out of the chat or something, but the quote button is easier to use

No, seriously, I'm not focusing anyone. I just see it happen in our community, and I don't like it. So I ask the community to do something about it - every single person the way he/she is able to.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    "E_net4" said:

I can type pretty well too, but I like to write fast.

And I think Amarth is right.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Now, I would just like to say that if I have ever gone out of line, it was not my intention to do so and if I have, I most heavily apologize. Now, I do play around now and again, but I make damned sure never to cross certain lines without both sufficient cause and warning. If I have done so, I apologize, for it was not my intention.

However, neither have I been a saint, and although I never claimed to be perfect (nobody's perfect), I nonetheless strive for perfection (because otherwise, what's the point?), and any improper action on my part shames me greatly. I'm fairly sure I've never banned anyone for longer than a minute (and I try not to do it if I can avoid it), and I know I've never messed with the access list, but kicks and +m's fall into a bit of a gray area (as far as justification goes), and I am as equally sure that I haven't been doing as good a job there as I should have. What surprises me, however, is that I seem to be the only person calling myself on it... and if anyone else is calling me on it, they haven't done it in front of me, and if they really don't trust me that much, I feel like I've failed somehow.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    My thoughts reply that you have a point. Not everyone's perfect.

By the way, I know what Idiota means, so I say: "Please, remove rule #631."
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    My thoughts reply that you have a point. Not everyone's perfect.
    It's not just that not everyone's perfect... it's that no one is perfect. That's a very important distinction.
    #
    terrva 16 years ago
    Hola.

Somebody poked me enough in the chatroom to join your forums. So far i haven't regretted it, despite my infernal hatred towards all things forum, and probably won't. Anyhow, i just wanted to greet all yall, in spanish nonetheless, and felt that this topic was the best one to do it in, maybe even to promote the chatroom in the process. So there.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Welcome to the forums, fleshling.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Check your sanity at the door.

Also, a reminder to y'all, USE THE FUCKING CHATROOM. We have it for a reason.

No, you are not allowed to call me a hypocrite, I'm on the chatroom whenever I can be.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    No, you are not allowed to call me a hypocrite, I'm on the chatroom whenever I can be.
    Last time "not being allowed" stopped us?
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Yes yes, everyone get on the chatrooms as often as you can. Fun things can happen there when there are many online.
    #
    Madgamer 16 years ago
    Might as well as stop lurking then...

The only problem I have is that my interweb connection is funky, but I've fixed that nao so, arrr!
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    I'm Narvius in the chatroom. My first connection to the chatroom today, yay!
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Yeah, i was wondering who Narvius was.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Yup, I changed my nick twice last year (-> Stalker -> Narvius).
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    Abjects (the server we have our IRC channel on) had some issues with the services, and as a result we had to re-register the channel. This was fairly smooth and we think we've got the important settings turned on again (still haven't touched BotServ, but I'll do that next), but we will need to re-add people to the access list, so if you could all make sure your nicks are registered, then either post here or show up on IRC, we can add you back onto the access list.

Also, Idiota, your nick isn't registered anymore, so we can't pass you the Foundership until you fix that.
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    Ok I'll login later today so we can fix that. Are you channel founder tam MageKing?
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    Ok I'll login later today so we can fix that. Are you channel founder tam MageKing?
    Correct. As soon as your nick is regged we can shift it back to you.

We also got the bot back, thanks to a helpful IRCop.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    Okay, little question here. I've been thinking of launching a full-fledged supybot in the channel. Mainly to keep logs and to generate stats from them (like we used to have), but also for other interesting tidbits as supybot is pretty flexible and extensible. A lot more than Hambot (and Magebot if I'm allowed to say so) in any case.

What you say?
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    Yes.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I second that.
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    I think it's a good idea. That, and it gives you something to fiddle around with. What more could you possibly ask for?
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    (and Magebot if I'm allowed to say so)
    Since at least half of MageBot's code is basically yours, you're definitely allowed to.

And it sounds like an awesome idea. Although I still believe I once promised to dig up a whole bunch of old logs for the sake of stat generation, and still have not yet done so.
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    Btw could any of you add my name to the ranks list? Thanks.
    #
    varsi 15 years ago
    Damn, somehow I think statistics made the channel more active. But it's just me "thinking".
    It's a shame that I lost the logs 'n stuff, still have the config for the generator (pisg) though.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    "varsi" said:
    It's a shame that I lost the logs 'n stuff, still have the config for the generator (pisg) though.
    Ah, that could be useful. Could you pass them on? Just PM them or something. Thanks!
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    The bot is running and I've got a stats creation/uploading cronjob running.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.olog-hai.be/stats/">http://www.olog-hai.be/stats/</a><!-- m -->

Updated daily.

So, who wants to be in the top 10?
    #
    Forum » The Official Monkkonen.net Chatroom!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: