Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Anyone feel up to a little voice-acting?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Anyone feel up to a little voice-acting?

MageKing17 18 years ago
    Last updated: December 24th, 2005

I'm working on a campaign for Freespace 2. The campaign is AETAS-based, with some slight differences to explain why the Mercenary Coalition, the Aegrus, the DDC, and the UFDC are using Terran, Vasudan, and Shivan technology.

CHARACTER LIST:

- Commander Vale - Squadren Leader aboard MCS Archangel (male) (MY FRIEND)
    - ????? ???????? - Alpha 1 (male) (ME)
    - Ilandur Tanis - Alpha 2 (male) (IDIOTA)
    - Larin Daro - Alpha 3 (female)
    - Jacob Flannigan - Alpha 4 (male) (GEMINI)
    - Rear Admiral Larqua - Commander of the MCS Eclipse (female)
    - Admiral Dalia - Commander of the MCS Archangel (male) (GRIM REAPER)
    - Lennach Damashi - Beta 1 (Female) (MY SISTER)
    - Jaden Braxler II - Leader of MC (male) (HARMLESSHERMIT)
    - Vana Botaine - Squadren Leader about MCS Eclipse (female)
    - Gary Mandlewood - Chief Technician for MC (male) (CRYSTALLION)
    - Karthak - Someone with information? (alien)
    - Garret - I think you all know. (male)
    - More to come as campaign progresses.

We have 13 characters, but only 8 voices. WE NEED MORE VOICES! (note: if we can't get enough people to do voices, we'll just have to have people double up)

CURRENT VOLUNTEERS:

Grim Reaper
    The Gemini
    Idiota
    A friend from school
    Crystallion
    HarmlessHermit

If anyone wants to help, post here. If you have any questions, try to catch me on MSN or IRC rather than clutter up the forums. However, don't hesitate to post if I'm not on.

SHIP LIST:

Destroyers:

MCD Archangel
    MCD Hyperion
    MCD Eclipse
    MCD Warmonger

Corvettes:

MCCv Jameson
    MCCv Tyranius
    MCCv Braxstar
    MCCv Balthesar
    MCCv Melchior
    MCCv Casper

Science vessels:

MCSC Crystallion
    MCSC Relativity
    MCSC Rebirth

Side note: The Mercenary Coalition does not use Science Vessels for research purposes, as they conduct no active research. They are instead in charge of large non-military operations, such as the mining operation in the Outer Belt and the Nemesis Reconstruction.

Freighters:

MCFR Titan
    MCFR Incindiary
    MCFR Demeter
    MCFR Stability

SCREENSHOTS:

Screenshot 1 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0000.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0000.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    Screenshot 2 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0001.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0001.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    Screenshot 3 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0002.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0002.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    Screenshot 4 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0003.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0003.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Basically all of me looking down at the MCS Eclipse and the Croxia Jump Node right before (and as) the Eclipse enters subspace. Note the cool subspace portal effect curtesy of the FS2 Source Code Project. Also note the objectives panel on the left side. As you can see, I have a twisted sense of humour when it comes to naming ships. Circle, Glorious, and Dress to Kill are all shows done by British comedean Eddie Izzard, and now are the names of the three Hammer of Light cruisers that attempt to ambush the Eclipse. The Naja Klash is the Typhon-class destroyer that comes in after the Circle, Glorious, and Dress to Kill have been destroyed. The meaning of it's name is a bit obscure, and not altogether appropriate, so I'll just leave it to your imaginations, which will make it a hundred times worse than it already is and cause me no end of entertainment.

Screenshot 5 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0004.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0004.jpg</a><!-- m -->

This one's an in-game shot of MC HQ in all it's glowing glory.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    I could probably take one part, since you like my accent...
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    I can help, allthough you can hear that I am norwegian
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Okay, we still need voices for four more parts though. And you guys need to pick characters and start recording. Also, the following characters have been added (I will update the first post as well).

- Lennach Damashi - Beta 1 (My Sister)
    - Jaden Braxler II - Leader of MC (male)
    - Vana Botaine - Squadren Leader about MCS Eclipse (female)
    - Gary Mandlewood - Chief Technician for MC (male)

So that's three more voices needed.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Ergh... I can't possibly choose my role... You assign it, since you've heard my voice and accent.

I can't be chosen for a task as important as choosing my role...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    How many lines do you want? Because I'm thinking either Ilandur Tanis (Alpha 2) or Admiral Dalia (Commander of Archangel). Read the preliminary script for the first mission (see first post) and pick which one you want. I don't care how you pick one. Flip a coin for all I care.
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    I will begin the recording tomorrow, so you might get it on thursday.I can be Jacob Flannigan. Also, if you want me to be some more characters, just ask
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Thanks. Send them to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:MageKing17@gmail.com">MageKing17@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> and I'll take a look at them. I'll give you some suggestions, and we can work from there.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    I think I'll give a shot at doing a character. You don't mind if I use my regular computer microphone, now do you?. Also, please tell me what parts are left.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    They're in the first post. The only ones being used are Alpha 1, Alpha 4, and Beta 1. Grim still hasn't chosen a part.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Ya, I've had a bit of trouble making my voice sound like it should...

...darn limited control of my voice...
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Commander Vale: Welcome to the MCS Archangel and the 151st Crazy Gunmen. I am Commander Vale, Squadren Leader, and you'll all be receiving your briefings from me.

Im flattered. And my mic's busted. And my russian accent needs a bit of touching up. And my irish. Northern-US is still pretty good, i think.

and now are the names of the three Hammer of Light cruisers that attempt to ambush the Eclipse

There was no hammer of light in FS2... that was in 1... i think... played both, but without the cutscenes so i missed alot.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    There was no hammer of light in FS2... that was in 1... i think... played both, but without the cutscenes so i missed alot.
    You are correct in that you never encounter the Hammer of Light in combat in FS2. However, if you would visit the tech room and read about it in the technologies page, you would find that they do still exist. Also, I never expressly stated when in the Freespace timeline this game takes place.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Okay, I've recruited my friend from school to also do some voice-acting, but he hasn't selected a part yet. Just keep that in mind. Also, I need you to pick a part, Grim. I'll try to catch you on IRC, but if you don't see me minutes after this post, please post yourself.
    #
    HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
    There isn't an option of "Good idea, but I can't voice-act."
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "HarmlessHermit" said:
    There isn't an option of "Good idea, but I can't voice-act."
    Neither can I, but I'm still voice-acting. So pick one. Voice-act or don't. It doesn't matter which one you pick. We have plenty of parts, but people can double-up on parts.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I'll try to catch you on IRC, but if you don't see me minutes after this post, please post yourself.

That was posted at 5:14 something AM.

Also, I'm on IRC right now, even though I should be doing them schooly stuffs.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Haha! You've got school!

[EDIT] sorry, i just couldn't resist [/EDIT]
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Okay, Grim is now Admiral Dalia. That means Idiota, you need to choose a part.

And I have to talk to my friend to see what part he wants...
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    how many parts are still open? I've been thinking of getting a good headset for a while now...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    how many parts are still open? I've been thinking of getting a good headset for a while now...
    All the parts currently in the game are listed in the first post, as always.

Also, my friend is now the voice for Commander Vale. I'm updating the first post to show this.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    I was thinking of Gary Mandlewood, but he seems to have a rather small part, doesent he?

Im not seriosly thinking of buying a mic. Just after i watch Scary Movie 3 at a friends house.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    I'll take Ilandur Tanis. I already gave it a shot, but it didn't sound too good. I have to get used to talking English, so I decided tosynchronize with BBC news and then try again .
    #
    Make Tanis ... Dutch?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "HarmlessHermit" said:
    Make Tanis ... Dutch?
    The name's unusual enough, I suppose... I mean, I sure don't know anyone named Ilandur...

Just speak with a heavy accent and it'll work. I swear.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Reminds me... I can't do an estonian accent...
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    The day that you hear a Dutch person speak English without knowing how to speak English is also one of the most entertaining days of your life. Just look at Prime Minister Balkenende when he was at the White House
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    The day that you hear a Dutch person speak English without knowing how to speak English is also one of the most entertaining days of your life. Just look at Prime Minister Balkenende when he was at the White House
    I thought that was an example of how English people can't speak English.

Anyone else notice that George Bush Jr. is the ONLY person in his family with an accent? THE ONLY ONE!
    #
    It's not even a Texan accent anymore. It's a Bush accent, complete with nucular and such brilliant lines such as "If you don't stand for anythin- If you don't stand for something you don't stand for anything!"
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me twice... shame... shame on... if you get fooled once you can't get fooled again." - George Bush Jr.

Back on-topic, I'm currently working on Mission 3, so you guys better GET TO WORK!!!!11!!111!!!omgLOL11!11!!11!!1oneoneoneoneoneone

/me thinks hunger is depriving my brain... I'll go have lunch now...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Hello? Anybody home?

Gemini, whatever happened to those voices I was supposedly going to get last Thursday?

Do I have to upload the mission 3 script to get you guys to take an interest? It's not finished, but I have the first section done.

Also, new character added to list. See first post.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    Oh, sorry MK. I had forgotten all about this due to the screenshot forging competition. I'll make sure I'll finish it this afternoon, you'll get it by email.
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    Sorry, but I didn't get it right, it sounds awfull! Also, I had some problems with the microphone.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    Sorry, but I didn't get it right, it sounds awfull! Also, I had some problems with the microphone.
    I don't care how you think it sounds. If I don't like it, then you redo it. I don't want hard work to go to waste.

Also, you probably needn't worry about the quality of the sound since it'll have to be manually degraded anyway to get the comm-effect.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "The Gemini" said:
    I don't care how you think it sounds. If I don't like it, then you redo it. I don't want hard work to go to waste.

Also, you probably needn't worry about the quality of the sound since it'll have to be manually degraded anyway to get the comm-effect.

I still sound like two buts attempting to speak English lol. This afternoon, I'll get it right. THIS AFTERNOON I SAY!
    #
    Forum » Anyone feel up to a little voice-acting?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: