Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Southern Notrium Expansion: First Beta
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Southern Notrium Expansion: First Beta

Inane 18 years ago
    Download Mr. Beta (Who did it on notrium with the plasma gun) here: http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=ff865199a35dff3fdc1f9e33

It's currently called Southern Notrium, and I'm only an amateur modder, but I'm making a mod.

Currently there is:
    Many new areas
    A few new items
    A minigame
    A few new enemies
    Grape juice

Planned for next release is:
    [list][*]Independent Cargo Loader[/*:m]
    [*]Polishment of graphics and areas[/*:m]
    [*]New items, including a Module for the robot races from every turret[/*:m][/list:u]

Also, any original textures made for the game will be here: http://photobucket.com/albums/b139/InaneAndMatu/Notrium%20resources/.
    And, the new floor texture in the mountainside area is from here.
    So... Not much now.

By the way, as part of the modders coalition, you may use any textures I make in your mod for Notrium.

Suggestions encouraged.
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    Nice! Just don't abandon it, ok? I did it with my once... I'll never forget that day.......

#
    Inane 18 years ago
    I'll try not to, and I have plenty of free time, so the chances are minimal.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    I don't think this is double posting...

Anyway, the first alpha is out, doesn't add much (Squid gun and a new area, actually).

Don't download it expecting much, because... Y'know, there isn't much.

The new area with the new gun in it is 1 area west than 1 area south of the starting location.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    By the way, anybody know a better file hosting provider than FileFactory?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    By the way, anybody know a better file hosting provider than FileFactory?

Well, there's always <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fileshack.de">http://www.fileshack.de</a><!-- w --> and <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.filefront.com">http://www.filefront.com</a><!-- w --> (and if those aren't enough, you could always google for them hosting provider whachamacallits ).
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    You're not falling back to your evil nitpicking self again, now are you grim? I sure hope not, because I'll be having some work to do if that's the case
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    You're not falling back to your evil nitpicking self again, now are you grim? I sure hope not, because I'll be having some work to do if that's the case

As I said in the deleted post, I am too tired to care and stuff like that.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    *Ahem* I'd prefer if this conversation doesn't go too off topic .

Also, if you didn't care then you shouldn't have mentioned it .
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    [OT]
    "Inane" said:
    Also, if you didn't care then you shouldn't have mentioned it .

I didn't care 'bout it so much that I'd be even remotely pissed 'bout it, but cared enough to mention it. [/OT]

Any ideas on what you are going to add in the next version of the mod?
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Any ideas on what you are going to add in the next version of the mod?

Yes, there will be 2 (maybe 3) new areas, two new creature types, and... That's pretty much it.
    The only problem I'm having is that my flying creatures die when flying over lava.

Also, the flying creature's image is on the photobucket site that was linked too in the first post, which looks like a large fly ingame.
    #
    Daz_T 18 years ago
    The file you have requested did not complete the upload process correctly. Please upload again.

errr... what he said...
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Alpha 2 is released, new stuff is on the original post.

Also, download link is tested, there is no longer that error like on the 1st one.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Alpha 3 is here; and I think you should know, I been finishin' this instead of doing homework, thats how important it is to me .

The next version will be the first beta, and by that I mean it will add more stuff than these small alphas. It will also get it's own little screenshots, like those other mods get.

List of stuff added and planned is in the first post.

Also, if you play the mod, please throw in your opinion, I don't want to spend my time making something I think is awesome when it turns out to suck.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Y'know, I would really like some player input on this mod, I know some of y'all have downloaded it .
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    How about changing the alien ragdoll so it really is alien? That's a small but big change and it's easy for someone like you (n00bie modder) to do! You can clearly see human similarities, and if one day we prove that the bacteria-on-an-asteroid theory of life is wrong, the alien will be quite the oddball (That is if the game does evolve into 3D (!(I want it bad)) multiplayer (You know you want it(I do too!)) in the (far(or near(hopefully near))) future(Might happen in this "project phoenix" thing that's been vaguely stated)).

[OT]If that mass of parenthesis-ified statements is incomprehensible for ye, you're dutch (Was it dutch that was getting BSed a while ago?(I think it was)). (I'm not racist or anything but I did manage to stick a good joke in)[/OT]
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    [OT]
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I'm not racist or anything but I did manage to stick a good joke in

Where? [/OT]
    #
    [OT]
    If that mass of parenthesis-ified statements is incomprehensible for ye, you're dutch
    [/OT]
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Hey ya'll, progress on my mod kinda slowed down for awhile after Alpha 3...

Anyway, on the side of progress, the Android now has a slot for modules, and there're two modules implemented. The Garenga turns into a brute who moves at the same speed as the alien when his normal cyborg form is dead-ified. And soon there'll be ice turrets, which you can 'extract' a hydrogen-gun from.

I'm going to start work on a Lab which is an alternate path to the new region of the game (Which the mod is named after, so far).

So, I don't know what to put in the lab... North wing is going to be the Cybernetics Research area, I've decided that. So, anyone got any ideas for a lab? Creatures? Items?

Also, is it possible to make a swinging weapon? I think I saw one in one of those desolate mods that were abandoned in the alpha version.
    I know I will have to make swingin' animations for the races that can use the weapon, but will I have to make it so the weapon is in the animation?
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    A lab? Well... teleportaion experiments... creatures in cages, big machine thingies with absolutely no significance...

Just watch Dexters laboratory on cartoon network
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    Also, is it possible to make a swinging weapon? I think I saw one in one of those desolate mods that were abandoned in the alpha version.
    I know I will have to make swingin' animations for the races that can use the weapon, but will I have to make it so the weapon is in the animation?

I believe you can make it shoot an arc(h?) of bullets, and make it start from your front-left and end it to your front-right (or vise versa).
    #
    I want a dragon in the lab! WEE! (I likes zee draconic stuffs) Or maybe you could put Grim in it... in a cage... no, not Grim... MAGEKING! YEAH!

Other than that I want a room full of supercomputer units and 2 terminals. Now, as for what to do with the supercomputer... how about generating upgrades to your items?
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I want a dragon in the lab! WEE! (I likes zee draconic stuffs) Or maybe you could put Grim in it... in a cage... no, not Grim... MAGEKING! YEAH!
    Well, I plan on having... Sheep like things, outside the lab .
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Or maybe there could be a portable computer there which allows some more complex combinations? Or experimental war machines (half of them should actually dont work or explode when they try to shoot ), or talking supercoputer, which can give you some game tips or spoilers whem you give him something... of a small garden with healing plants, electric plant and plants that produce food under them...
    Items:
    Some experimental weapon, which is completely useless in battle, but looks COOL (lets say gravity push-away gun?)
    A one and only statis field generator, which dont only heal, but it also recharges energy...
    Access card to a little storage with some usesful stuff... which is sadly at the other end of the map.
    A computer unit that doesnt work the way it should, but you can use it at some special task....
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Or maybe you could put Grim in it... in a cage... no, not Grim... MAGEKING! YEAH!
    Is he allowed to do that?

I like the idea of the super-stasis generator. But for the weapon we should make it something that requires rediculous amounts of energy. For the visual effect, make it look like the fusion gun from Opposing Force. That gun was awesome, man!
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Okay, I've spent all this time ass'n around with creatures and weapons so I haven't even started the lab... I blame it on the lack of good walls!

Creature Trouble:
    Okay, so I had an idea for a creature. It's a kamikaze unit, its got graphics and all... But I can't get it to go kamikaze.
    I would put the script up, but I mutilated it beyond recognition trying to get it to work.
    Anyway, Its got(Or had, when I first made it) 10 energy, A weapon that decreases energy by 3.333334, and a timed thing set to every 10 milliseconds that detects whether the energy is at 0 or not and if so causes the battery discharge to happen and for the creature to die.
    Energy would go down fine, but once it got to 0 it wouldn't do anything...

Also, my free time has dramatically decreased, or reverted anyway.
    Anyway, the reason I started the mod was cuz' I had more free time with access to a computer, but now I've gone back to having access to a computer only everyother week.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    You poor thing...
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    You poor thing...

Wha?
    #
    I have my very own computer. It's problably waaay better than what you have, but that dosen't matter with Notrium, right? Also, since Crazy is living up to his name, I trust he has his very own computer, too. Problably sh*tty, but nonetheless, it's there...
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    One: i don't have my own computer. Too: It IS crappy.
    #
    How can you say that it's crappy if you just said you don't have one? Well, I must definitely be right about compy power not mattering with Notrium. Notrium works on a friggin Vanta! I of all people should know that!
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    i Don't have my own (well, okay, technically i do... nevermind...) but im talking about my... well... eh... nevermind...
    #
    Ya... so what are you talking about? Your gameboy or something?
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Okay, I got a vehicle for a planned minigame up an' running (Without the rockets, machine guns, or other weapons):

The only problem is: How the hell am I gonna make a whole minigame that (with the current plans) requires atleast 5 rock props and a new texture without making the development of the first beta 3 times longer?

I need to figure this out...

Suggestions on what I should do would be nice.
    #
    Use the rocks from the Deafult mod.
    #
    Forum » Southern Notrium Expansion: First Beta
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: