Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Southern Notrium Expansion: First Beta
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Southern Notrium Expansion: First Beta

Pete 18 years ago
    Yea, dont bother making loads of textures...

Im starting to get interested in this mod!

Could you use a map desinger? I could make the lab for ya, for example, you just have to tell me what you want inside and where.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    I 'been gone since the 24th.

Thanks for the offer for help, Pete, but I can't really think of a simple way too work with someone else on this mod.

But I do appreciate ideas (Preferably, not ones that involve dragon-related monsters) .
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    I want something draconic!
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    No problem

What about caves? A hole in ground that teleports you to a dark area filled with reapers with skeleton at the end with something unigue in his hand... lets say some key to centrain part of the laboratory?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    If possible, add me in the expansion...

If as nothing else, as the skeleton, who will wake up when you take the key or whatever the skelly be clutchin' in it's hand(s).

Just remember to make my skelly char a friendly(ish) one (if you make me the skeleton, that is ).
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Fire Beetles! Woo! They blow the **** up!

I can't decide between Laser trails, or no laser trails:
    With:
    Without:

Outerspace is temporary housing.

What ya'll think?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    I like the trails.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    It llooks like fireworks!

trails are better...
    #
    Madgamer 18 years ago
    Trails one is cool

And is the space ship thing blowing up or trying to grab them? Kinda confusing
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    I, personally, prefer the one without trails...
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Perhaps you could device a bullet trail whachamacallit? Ya know, like having the bullet drop "ghost images" or something.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Didn't they make an ability to use particle effects in bullet trails? I remember something along those lines...
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Try the bullet particle trail thingamajig and post a pic!
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    You can use effect 26 or 27, but the particle is independent of the bullet so it will only trail correctly if there's no spread, and since the fire beetle's have 3.0 spread, it may look a little odd.

Well, I think I could try something out.

Edit:
    The results from the lasers with particles left something to be desired:

The ones with only the particles and bullets however, worked wonderfully. The buggers sent out large rings of particles, due to a mistake I made while putting in the particle:
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    That looks awesome. Totally go with that.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Celebration time!

The Cave sequence is %93 (Rough (AKA made up) statistic) done.

Now I will describe it in a vague way as too not ruin it:
    There are 4 maps, two small (13x20 and 20x15, or something) on either end of the cave, and there are two middle pieces. From point A to C is how to get from the Hive to the lab:
    A
    B
    B
    C

Now, I need to start work on that lab after I do schoolwork.

Unnnn-less you guys want the lab-less version (Not reccomended).

Also, I plan to have an ending where you blow something (Boss) up in a different cave.
    As a 'note', I plan to finish this beta before thursday so I (hopefully) get ville to host it by friday evening
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Inane?

here's a tip:

NEVER EVER post deadlines...
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    But hey, I can dwell in your (assuming the reader is excited about this mod) despair as I fail to make the deadline.

Than I would feel guilty, but still be chortlin' at the same time.
    Y'know? Like: HA-HA-HA-I AM SADDD!
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Due to some errors with a plot object, the mod won't be released until next friday or beyond.

Have a happy week, ya'll.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Expectable... hehehe...as Crazy said, never post deadlines. Go on, have your time. I can wait.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    ...okay, that's the single most retarded thing I've ever seen. Seriously. What the crap.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Here you go. I felt REALLY bored yesterday, I had to do SOMETHING.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Beta to the MAX! Betamax!
    This is the most definitely the last version that's being hosted on FileFactory: Download

Notes:
    The installer automatically installs to Program files\notrium.
    There's a entrance to the lab through the cave in the area southwest of the starting area.
    Also, you can get to the lab through the cave-flyer minigame which is started in the hive; on the map you can see a little island on the west half of the lava.
    If you're playing as an android you can extract a mofule from a turret with a powered electro tool, Which can be found in the cave southwest of the hermit's house.

Next release:
    No new areas!
    Improvements on most areas!
    A-ICL (Aware Independent Cargo Loader, previously ICLACM or something) (maybe)!
    Polish of graphics! (help is wanted in this area, maybe)
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Hey Inane, you have to do something about the recoil of the warp gun, as it allowed me to jump through the bee things area and the frozen lab exit without killing singe alien, inside I was able to jump through wall and come out somewhere else...
    It is like Deus Ex Machina in your mod.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Hey Inane, you have to do something about the recoil of the warp gun, as it allowed me to jump through the bee things area and the frozen lab exit without killing singe alien, inside I was able to jump through wall and come out somewhere else...
    It is like Deus Ex Machina in your mod.
    Damn, I have proved you right.
    I can't seem to figure out what in the hells propells the warp gun, though. It's not a script, effect, or just the normal knockback, as far as I can tell.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    I can't seem to figure out what in the hells propells the warp gun, though. It's not a script, effect, or just the normal knockback, as far as I can tell.
    Actually, it probably is the normal knockback. Tone it down and you'll see a difference.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Just tried it. Its still very powerfull, but when you lower it to 0.04 it doesnt go through walls any more.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    It's time for an update!

To prove to you that I have done work (this is all, though) since the last version, here is the new Dinosaur Mk-II (A player ship with no special weapon):

And the old Cave-Flyer:

Also, it's called the dinosaur because it looks like one's head when turned 90 degrees clockwise. Try it!
    #
    That's it? One picture? And it took you a millenium?

Well, progress is progress, even if it's only an inch worth of progress.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Since the only things I can really make graphics for are creatures, I need some help with the graphics, heres something you can help with:

Electro Tool: Yellow plastic and black rubber object with doodads and nobs, with a small slot where a laser blade comes out of.

Module chip (Maybe): Like a computer chip only purple or blue. I'm wondering if anybody can make something thats not just a recolor.

More later. Thanks for any who help me.

(I am not liable to use any graphics posted here)
    #
    harwe 18 years ago
    "Inane" said:

Electro Tool: Yellow plastic and black rubber object with doodads and nobs, with a small slot where a laser blade comes out of.

lightsaber?
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    lightsaber?

No, it's actually for surgery .
    #
    ...But if you turn the blade up to 3 feet, it IS a saber!
    #
    Arawak 18 years ago
    ARGH i erased 3 paragraphs!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway im just going to sum it up...

"Sorry to bring reality into a ficticious topic but light even lazer light goes in a straight line it might be possible to use a grav...
    Hey theres an idea using an anti grav cube to make a circluar axe
    fiberoptics might work, not very long though...

some ideas ice alien corpse+ scalpel =ice chip

scalpel+reaper corpse=reaper armor

reaper armor + ice chip = invisible armor..

ok ima post my axe pic (sorta horrid)(also made me close my browser losing this)

Here its shown when your replacing its batteries (note two power converters)

White part is magnifier red is a modded red light diode that has a comp chip

There's a switch and a securing mechanism on the top part of the handle...

Feel free to use if you want....

PS:its sorta small its in icon form..
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "Arawak" said:

ok ima post my axe pic (sorta horrid)(also made me close my browser losing this)

Hell, Arawak, that's pretty good, I'll probably use it for an electro tool .

And neither of those ideas for items are bad .
    #
    Forum » Southern Notrium Expansion: First Beta
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: