Register
Email: Password:
Forum » hardware accelarator???

hardware accelarator???

sharx1 18 years ago
could some1 tell me what a hardwear accelarator is and were to get 1?
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Hardware is the physical portition of the computer, whilst software is the stuff you see on the screen.

Also, pretty much every graphics card these days is a hardware 3D accelerator.
#
sharx1 18 years ago
err sorry to sound insulting but that isent exactly what i asked. to be blunt how do i play wazzal when my commy says i dont have a hardwear accelerator?
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Please tell us your computer specification (CPU (processor), GFX (graphics) card, amount of RAM memory...) so we can help you better.
#
sharx1 18 years ago
1 min got to look on the inside wont take long all i know is i have a dual pentium 3 prossesors boath at 750thingys
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Can't you check from the "control panel -> system -> hardware manager"?
#
sharx1 18 years ago
err two 256 memory things and 2 128 memry things and what the graphics card look like?
#
sharx1 18 years ago
not realy it dont the last owners of my commy used it as a server and sevearly modified the operating system it is an x server
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
It's usually at the top-most slot... But seriously, I believe you can find out what GFX card it is by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting "properties", selecting the "settings" tab, clicking on the "advanced" button and selecting the "adapter" tab. You can see the name of your GFX card there.
#
sharx1 18 years ago
graphics card is a matrox 844-00 rev_a i thinck
#
sharx1 18 years ago
graphics card = matrox millennium G200 PCI - English
#
sharx1 18 years ago
sorry its all split up
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Eurgh... Please, don't triple-post... Nobody likes that... Just use the effin' "Edit" button in the top-right corner of your prev. post...

I'll edit the info I find on the Matrox card to this post.

Edit: Yes, I believe I see it now... You have the wrong drivers.

Now, here are the links where you can download the drivers for Win9x/ME, WinNT4, Win2k/XP and Linux.

Hopefully this helps.
#
sharx1 18 years ago
kk sorry
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Just informing that I've edited the post now, and enabling you to post without double-posting...
#
sharx1 18 years ago
thanx i thinck just about to install the driver
[edit]
but i still have the same problem
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Have you installed the latest DirectX (9.0c)? If not, do that now. If you have it, however, try changing the Wazzal setup (There should be a separate .exe file for that in the Wazzal directory).
#
sharx1 18 years ago
change it to what? because ive tryed sofwear emulation and i cant see any text
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Well, if it still refuses to work, you'll just have to accept that it doesn't work on your computer. Sorry.
#
sharx1 18 years ago
i fixed it lol by putting the screen rez down
#
Forum » hardware accelarator???

Your email:
Your name: