Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Runaway - Interruption

The Runaway - Interruption

Grim Reaper 18 years ago

Fonts by Blambot (http://www.blambot.com)
Image hosting my ImageShack (http://www.imageshack.us)
GMod by Garry Newman (http://www.garry.tv)
Comic by Grim Reaper (my profile)
PayPal donations by You (Donate now!)

The poll is over, and I shall continue making these comics.
#
LordSearry 18 years ago
It's funny. I love the last pic.
#
Pete 18 years ago
Seems good, but PLEASE dont screw the people faces SO MUCH next time.
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Hey, it's an effin' MingeBag! Their faces ARE screwy!!!
#
EvilP 18 years ago
Things that I reammy think aren't working:

Title - The red logo character is aliased horribly.

1st frame - Aliasing all over the place. See the sidewalk behind the scientist, main characters arm etc...
What is going on? Why is he in the garrysworld map? The walls at near and far distance look completely daft, especially with what seems to be low detail graphics. The scientist looks like he's in a default GM pose and it's hard to tell what the thing on his crotch IS. The scientists dialogue... You're just jumping into something unknown with it. On the technical side the t13m had me stumped because you read it as TL3M. The font doesn't distinguish '1' from 'l'.
The narrative boxes don't really fit the font too well, neither does the gradient blue.

2nd frame - This is the best frame, you've place the main character pretty well with his head tilting so we can see his face. It's hard to tell the dimensions and direction of the 'vortex. Main character again aliases like mad against the green and the low quality of the green lightning texture is clearly visible.

3rd frame - WHY? WHAT? It doesn't make sense. It's just a distorted face with a quake 2 style explosion behind it in some low detail hallway...

The narrative is interesting, but it doesn't quite go with the images much. They don't really link well.
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
BREAKDOWN!!!

"EvilP" said:
Title - The red logo character is aliased horribly.

I'll make a better version for the next episode.

"EvilP" said:
1st frame - Aliasing all over the place. See the sidewalk behind the scientist, main characters arm etc...
What is going on? Why is he in the garrysworld map? The walls at near and far distance look completely daft, especially with what seems to be low detail graphics.

Again, I'll do better in the next ep.

"EvilP" said:
The scientist looks like he's in a default GM pose and it's hard to tell what the thing on his crotch IS. The scientists dialogue... You're just jumping into something unknown with it. On the technical side the t13m had me stumped because you read it as TL3M. The font doesn't distinguish '1' from 'l'.
The narrative boxes don't really fit the font too well, neither does the gradient blue.

If you know the basics about GMod, a Kleiner talking 1337 or n00bish or whatever with something stuck in his crotch is ALWAYS a MingeBag (aka GMod n00b). Also, that's not an "l", it's an "I"

And how would you suggest I make the narrative boxes then?

"EvilP" said:
2nd frame - This is the best frame, you've place the main character pretty well with his head tilting so we can see his face. It's hard to tell the dimensions and direction of the 'vortex. Main character again aliases like mad against the green and the low quality of the green lightning texture is clearly visible.

The aliasing will be fixed as mentioned before. Glad you like the posing.

"EvilP" said:
3rd frame - WHY? WHAT? It doesn't make sense. It's just a distorted face with a quake 2 style explosion behind it in some low detail hallway...

When the Runaway hit the vortex, the vortex and the machine generating it exploded. It might've been a bit more obvious if you knew the gm_construct map well. Also, the face is the Minge, who flew away from the explosion, and is speaking his weird n00bish gibberish wossname.

"EvilP" said:
The narrative is interesting, but it doesn't quite go with the images much. They don't really link well.

Any suggestions on how to better my narrating, then?
#
The Gemini 18 years ago
Haha, nice one, Grim. Hell yea, you should continue!

The best part of that comic was that I feel sympathy for the main character. Hell is better than those Mingebags...
#
EvilP 18 years ago
The narration is GOOD, but you need one or two more frames to show the progress of events. Why not have a shot of the vortex BEFORE he jumps into it? Some reason for him and the readers to believe that the vortex will do things?
#
ville 18 years ago
Yeah, I don't really get what's happening between the second and the third frame. I've always thought comics is all about what's between the frames, so you can make it interesting by leaving out things between frames, but it risks confusion.

You should definitely go on, if you've got something planned. The format looks ok.
#
HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
Is the scientist wearing a chastity belt?
#
Quanrian 18 years ago
No I believe that's the gravity gun... Well that's my best guess. Nice bastardization of HL-2 there Grim .
#
Pete 18 years ago
Oh, I wish I could afford buying HL2...
#
The Gemini 18 years ago
Heh, thanks Grim! You gave me enough motivation to get started on my next issue!
#
MageKing17 18 years ago
"The Gemini" said:
Heh, thanks Grim! You gave me enough motivation to get started on my next issue!
Oh god, the nightmare never ends...

;P
#
Pete 18 years ago
More! Give us more!

Any progress?
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Well, I think I pretty much have the map prepped up for Ep 1... I've taken one of the actual comic frame pics, plus the new title pick (the same as the first but with higher detail). I'll get some more done sometime today, perhaps. Or tomorrow. Who knows.
#
The Gemini 17 years ago
Aaw, come on Grim! Make that damn comic!
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
But I've got so much to do...
...mainly playing Oblivion...
...but I'll see what I can cook up tomorrow.
#
Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
i know Gmod too and i want help please im using cue steam for gmod and its cant start because steam error "Platform error : bad module "friends/friendsUI.dll", not loading"

can anybody help me please?
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
Yes, people CAN help you, but I'd appreciate it if you'd ask such questions in, say, the FacePunch forums. There's a forum section for "quick" questions such as these, even.

On other news, I'm currently getting the Episode 1 of this comic together. Keep those fingers crossed!

EDIT: The new comic is up! Go and read it, you sons of a silly person!
#
Pete 17 years ago
Niiiiiice... please explain.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
"Pete" said:
Niiiiiice... please explain.
The Runaway was drawn into a sort of tunnel when he touched the portal in the prologue, and was then spewed out of a Stargate thingy, after which he fell on his face on the ground.
#
Pete 17 years ago
Yeah, I understand that. But what the heck is Stargate doing in gm_construct or whatever the name is?
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
"Pete" said:
Yeah, I understand that. But what the heck is Stargate doing in gm_construct or whatever the name is?
Well obviously someone spawned it there.
#
The Gemini 17 years ago
Nice posing, but I would realy like if you could extend the comic to more than three-four pics.

By the way, can you provide the link to the place where I can D/L the stargate?
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
It's in the Dav0r's model pack thingy, search it from either PHW or FacePunch forums.
#
Crazy 17 years ago
WAY too short, Grim. And rather unfunny.
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
OMG a stargate!

I like it. It's just as random as that other GMod comic... just the way I like it.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
We interrupt this lack of updates with a NEW lack of updates.

...and a comic, too.
#
Pete 17 years ago
Dangit! Now Ill have to make a comic too! Curse you Grim, curse you...
#
Your comics are too smacked together, and I missed'em yesterday.

YAY! BUTTRACE!
#
The Gemini 17 years ago
Sweet mother of all randomness. That was extremely random and funny.

A quick note on my comics. I have planned to continue my comic series, but since I can't get the graphicsettings any higher than the current values, I will have to wait for my new compy to arrive. It will be superior to my old laptop, so the graphic quality is espected to get better. But untill then, you'll have to entertain yourself with the few, bad-ass-graphic comics I'll release about 0,78 times each month.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
If you didn't notice, I had NO anti-aliasing or any other effects on when I took the pics; my compy decided to crash whenever I tried using AA or other effects; even if both model and texture qualities were at High. This made me take the darn pictures with Hi-Q textures, Med-Q models, and Lo-Q everything else.

Still, 'tis nice to hear that it's random and funny enough fer ye.
#
If you had AA on with all other settings on low, it'd be more likely to work, not the other way around.
#
Forum » The Runaway - Interruption

Your email:
Your name: