Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Medicine man

Medicine man

Arawak 18 years ago
(Hmm how to put this...) ^( i gotta get on with it this is taking too long)
Ok a semi idea for a mod, sorta...
You are a space marine special forces medic with survival training,You knew from the begining that somthing was in store for you you were picked out from hundreds to take part in a "special project"Upon hearing that you were selected to go back in time you were shocked.mankind was thinking of the possiblity that
going back in time would delay the supernova (duh..) long enough to develop intergalatic ^travel, The main setback was pirates underfunding the operations or should i say going to be?
Close to the date of the launch a pirate mining ship named Wolf IV along with a fleet of 50 launched an attack on the mars colony you stationed at hoplessly outnumbered your squad got into 15 seprate pods to warp to the 70's (XD) but when the ship was launched a power surge boosted you into the stone age...
When you awoke you found only 2 of the 15 ships intact others with a poisonous blue glow around where the power failed to teleport it unfourtunaly only the rear of the ship is where the supplies are stored and without that part the ships would also never land properly flattening the poor troops inside to the size of a dime.
Under further examinaition the landscape is barren you quickly realise your crafts are the so called meteorite that killed the dinosaurs!! You Also you notice a troop of homo erectus nearby you quickly notice that one is woundedand rush over to help, (you ARE a medic after all)after the cavemen allow you to get close with a gift of a few packs of rations from your ship and after you fully slinted the bones and bandage the cuts you put him on a stretch and the cavemen go back.
After a few days of harsh fighting and building a type of wheelbarrow for your items you head to the nearby mountain range avoiding the rivers because in the few days you learned that it attracts carnivores in the distance you see a wooden wall upon getting closer you are ambushed by a large group of cavemen with no working weapons you wouldve been easily killed if a few you have seen efore did not save your life they speak english!!!
your time travel has compressed 61 million years together upon getting to their camp you are elected as the medicine man..and now for the main idea....
(yay) ps:i need alot of spellchecking i sorta abandoned grammar near the start..

The proluge will be an optionary playable story (someday)
this mod will need tons of help in its way to being half as good as werivar (Worships mod..(my fav)) It will include you being payed for healing injuries tons of wep combos you can make from your broken 5 (diff types tho and cant be broken afterward with out other tools)

argh you should be able to upload an image!!!!!!!! im going to be right back and edit this...

Ps i need help with graphics and ill try to learn instead of leaving it to somone else....i need help with creatures too until i can magicly understand how they work ill try my best to make terrain items the sprites for the ground at least...also id like permission to use the werivar in this mod...

Once again feel free to nitpick

Feel free to nitpick at my non grammar abiding story
[Edit]
[img]http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/885/map3uu.th.jpg' />[/img]

ok the green lines are passable map sides

the one at the ends that are green goto the other side the map

black lines are impassable map sides

the brown are fortifications

the teal like color are bridges

oarnge are berribushes

(respawning monsters that immediatly die and the corpses are berry bushes)

the blue lines are rivers

the south east corner is going to be the space station before hand

(in the confusion you will be able to steal a generator so your energy can go back up along with some guns some lazers and a whole lot of futuristic stuff..ima sneak somthing in a werivar office if i can use em yeah...)

o and the v is the village
and the fortified bridge is an enemy tribe your gonna destroy far from the start of the game (there isnt gonna be an end untill you get a ton of stuff and its no fun anymore thrn you can goto the future expansions and go forward in time)

hmm i think i forgot..i remember the side of my post doenst appear..

Also this mod doesnt appear in the mod suggestion section because it's GOING to happen therefore its not a suggestion but its gonna be sorta crappy if no-one helps....
#
Inane 18 years ago
Sorry to nitpickit, but while early members of the homo family could strive in the first few hundred years after the meteor (assuming that theory is correct) hit. The Cretaceous period inwhich the meteor hit, was long after the Stone Age.

The only mammals in the Cretaceous period were also rodents, much less monkeys.

In addition, if the ships were to cause the extinction of dinosaurs, they would still be there for a few hundred more years, because most of the dinosaurs died from not being able to adapt to their newly-blackened sky that impaired their senses of smell.

Other than that it sounds interesting, and I could maybe help with the creatures.
#
Arawak 18 years ago
First off your right in OUR universe but i think you missed one small part...
your time travel has compressed 61 million years together

Notice 61 million years 1 million from the past also used and well theres tons of theories about how dinosaurs died and the blackend sky is only one (I actually prefer that one too your right about rodents also not to mention cockroaches)

And thank you if you do any creatures...

PS:I dont know the defention of flaming on this forum so tell me if this is anything near it

Edit:I need pictures for some or most of the parts in these pics...

nvm

PS:I also need completed item graphics post if you need whole item pics..
Another edit: I think the fourum rules said somthing about this i cant find em again tho...
#
Rezan 18 years ago
Sounds good to me, cept for the fact flaws. One thing though - divide it into paragraphs, it's heck to read one continuous text.
#
Anonymous1157 18 years ago
And one small thing... very, VERY small thing:

Are we allowed to show diagrams on how to put a gun together on this forum?
#
Arawak 18 years ago
I think the fourum rules said somthing about this i cant find em again tho...

I didn't find anything about it so im assuming yes (:twisted until a moderator comes and says somthing about it. :

EDIT: NEVER FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I decided to start a mod my computer does NOT like i turn around to type somthing after watching some tv and it goes *click* and doesn't start....NEVER FAILS!!!!!)
(I swear that freaky voodoo monkey did ive thrown it in the trash 12 times and it appears on my monitor before i get back...I swear its after me...)

The reason for my coputer failing is a COUNTERFEIT power converter
(I cant think of whole name its where you plug it in at)
AND my computer is totally fried...BEWARE XD.

P.S. Im using a library's comp.
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
Why not just put it on a different planet. Then you have no more fact flaws and you can work on the mod to your hearts content . If it's on the same planet you could always do the ever loveable, alternate reality. In a different plane of existance, humans evolve in a time when dinosaurs roamed the land, serving as a primary food source due to their out of control breeding habits .
#
kopana 17 years ago
That's confusing... Let me get this straight. You are chosen to go back in time and destroy the main character of wazzal which interfered with the development of faster-than-light engines to save the human race so you go back and get your butts whooped, while fleeing you attempt to head back another 200 or so years to the 70s but thanks to faulty wiring or something you end up compressing 61 Million years of history into a single moment and then all of time is mashed together with you walking around with english speaking cavemen who pay you actual money for healing their sick??!?!
cool idea, hope it happens, and i'll help if i can
#
Anarion 17 years ago
"Inane" said:
Sorry to nitpickit, but while early members of the homo family could strive in the first few hundred years after the meteor (assuming that theory is correct) hit. The Cretaceous period inwhich the meteor hit, was long after the Stone Age.

The only mammals in the Cretaceous period were also rodents, much less monkeys.

Actually the Cretaceous period was the final age of the dinosaurs before the meteor hit and therefore was long before the stone age, which (and please correct me if i'm wrong) was the first age of humankind, called the stoneage because it was before metal tools were invented.

"Kopana" said:
.....but thanks to faulty wiring or something you end up compressing 61 Million years of history into a single moment and then all of time is mashed together with you walking around with english speaking cavemen who pay you actual money for healing their sick??!?!

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard..... sounds fun tho

Oh Arawak, can I just suggest that you maybe work on your grammar just a bit, because I found it very hard to understand what you were trying to say in your initial post.
#
Forum » Medicine man

Your email:
Your name: