Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Small notrium mod..

Small notrium mod..

Rezan 18 years ago
I thought I'd start making a small notrium mod which makes a few things more realistic and unrealistic at the same time, the problem is I'm not very good nor experienced with modding. I've tried to alter a few things in Werivar and Vanilla notrium, but it's just not the same as making a new mod.

Basically, this mod of mine would make the world both more easy to live in AND harder to live in. (I know you're getting confused by now, but I have a point.)

One thing I've noticed is that time passes WAY too fast in Notrium. Another is that aliens are far too weak compared to the human. Some guns are too weak, while some are way too powerful.. Also, last time I checked, humans and most beings sleep at night/day. During the night, our metabolism slows down quite a bit, making us less hungry when we wake up.

I'd like to add a sleep function to the game and some way to build housing, perhaps some way to build items which keep aliens away from the house/fireplace when you sleep.

Sleep could also replenish 'Body' energy, and there could be a device which takes your 'body' energy and turns it into 'electical' energy. Body energy would need another bar, like a stamina bar (instead of letting punches and such take hunger, it should take stamina).

Also, most creatures should be able to be grilled, so that it can be stored more easily and feeds more.

I've got a ton of ideas more, but I'm too lazy to post them right here and now.

I'd like some help with this if it's possible and if someone likes the idea.. I wouldn't mind more ideas either =D
#
Pete 18 years ago
What is Vannila notrium? Relocation mod? And BTW, nice idea(s).

I always wanted to have PDA in Notrium. You would have to find some use for it, like opening doors and such.
#
Rezan 18 years ago
vanilla is unmodded notrium - default. I only write vanilla cause it tastes better than default in icecream flavours =P

Thanks for the feedback =D

Also, the PDA idea is great.. If the Journal could be modded into a PDA there could be listings of things you've discovered how to do! Blueprints! Meaning, after you combined one thing, you just use the blueprints next time and speed up the combination time! Actually, it wouldn't hurt to give the PDA its own screen.. Problem is, I can't do graphics. I suck at graphics. Nor do I know how to mod it in..
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
[OT]
"Pete" said:
Relocation mod?
Maverix' Map Relocation Mod (hosted my Yours Truly ). [/OT]
#
Rezan 18 years ago
Say wha? I had the impression that vanilla was default.. Sorry then xD

I also have the idea that the Alien should be unable to use ANY item, and should find itself in a lone jungle area when it crashes.

How do I make food, health and energy plants regrow btw? I'll need this knowledge for later.

Oh yes, and I need to make more food plants n stuff.
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"Rezan" said:
Say wha? I had the impression that vanilla was default.. Sorry then xD
Vanilla IS default. The only mod that even hints any relocation AFAIK would be Maverix' Map Relocation mod.

Ah, NOW I see... I first thought Pete was asking what are Vanilla Notrium and Relocation mod, but it seems he thought Vanilla Notrium WAS a Relocation mod of sorts...
#
Rezan 18 years ago
Glad we cleared that up.. I hate using fancy terms and then using them wrong =P

So.. Anybody with clues on how to accomplish my ideas?
#
Pete 18 years ago
I think you should use the search for the regroving. It was ansferred before, I think.
#
MageKing17 18 years ago
"Rezan" said:
I also have the idea that the Alien should be unable to use ANY item, and should find itself in a lone jungle area when it crashes.
This is fairly easy. In Player_Races.dat, there is an entry for every race that lists what items are forbidden. Don't remove entries for Android Only or Psionic Only, but remove the entries that prevent it from using the stuff Humans and Androids can use.
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Rezan" said:
This is fairly easy. In Player_Races.dat, there is an entry for every race that lists what items are forbidden. Don't remove entries for Android Only or Psionic Only, but remove the entries that prevent it from using the stuff Humans and Androids can use.
Wouldn't that result in Alien being able to use human and android stuff? To me it seemed like Rezan wanted the Alien to be UNable to use those items...
#
Inane 18 years ago
I misread it the same way as MK .

Anyway, you can start by disabling all item types (except the alien's weapons) the way MageKing said to enable them.
And, you can disable the player from opening the inventory.

The best way to disable the inventory is to put a plot object where the alien will crash his pod, with a condition of 'player race is'.

You could also add to the object the other races get their inventory privileges back from the condition 'player race is NOT'
#
MageKing17 18 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
Wouldn't that result in Alien being able to use human and android stuff? To me it seemed like Rezan wanted the Alien to be UNable to use those items...
Yeah... whoops. I figured the alien's item reportoire is so limited as is that nobody would want to limit it further. ;P
#
kopana 18 years ago
GREAT! now my head exploded from a divide by zero error... anyway I'd like to help with the graphics particularly the PDA one for the journal but unfortunately I can't seem to find the original journal file, I thought it was one that was like a computer screen so i modded a radio into a big screen tv sort of thing to fit it but then i realized it seems to go with the normal playing screen because it has the little armor icons and inventory button and the rest of that stuff at the bottom, minus the bars which leads me to think i got the wrong template.
#
Rezan 17 years ago
Excellent.. The power of a PDA might be in our hands.. Eventually - if I figure out how the heck to code a PDA into the journal..
#
Pete 17 years ago
PDA into a journal? I dont believe thats possible. So far the only method of making ingame menus I can think of is inventory or the system I use in my mod. Check my sig for it.
#
Rezan 17 years ago
Perhaps we can integrate the pda AND journal into inventory screen?
#
Pete 17 years ago
Huh? I dont get it. Why you would want to have journal entries in your inventory?
#
Crazy 17 years ago
yeah. Good question.
#
Rezan 17 years ago
Well, it would be more like a PDA then, wouldn't it? You could click a button with mouse, and the screen with journal would appear.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
That sounds like it's a bit too complex for Notrium's engine.
#
Pete 17 years ago
Yeah, I tried that. Believe me, its crazy and complicated. You have to make a invisible player creature. Them you would have to either put the buttons and stuff very close(right-click useable plot objects), or make them creatures with the desired effect in the HIT row with incredible weight and give player a weapon shooting harmless invisible bullets, and make sure that the player can hit them all. I tried that. Believe me, finding a bug in such thing is impossible.
#
Forum » Small notrium mod..

Your email:
Your name: