Register
Email: Password:
Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next
  • DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal

Redemption 17 years ago
    I am making a DOOM Mod for Notrium but need better enemy graphics, can anyone help?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Mod is no longer based on DOOM
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    Just so you know, this mod was already mentioned in the past. As far as I recall it didn't get much support and most people seemed fairly negative towards the concept. So if you don't get much initial support don't let it turn you away. Once you get a working demo of your mod out than people will be much more willing to help you. We get a lot of unfinished mods so people are less willing to help people they aren't sure will ever finish a mod.

So is there anyone out there who is willing to help him create graphics for a Doom mod ? Come on guys/gals I know some of you can draw . Keep in mind they'll have to be either completely or mostly from overhead view. Since he's not defining graphic style I'll say 3d or sprite is fine.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    It could work. I mean, there's even a Doom Roguelike out there!
    #
    speedblade 17 years ago
    Most mods never stayed alive, so i'll forget this "mod" exists... (If it even exists yet.)
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    This mod IS going to live, but i havent gotten very far yet; Ive only made the weapons and 3 enemies, and made you pick up items by walking over them.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    4 creatures...
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    4 creatures...
    Four creatures what?
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    This mod IS going to live, but i havent gotten very far yet; Ive only made the weapons and 3 enemies, and made you pick up items by walking over them.
    "Redemption" said:
    4 creatures...
    I think he was reporting he now had 4, instead of 3.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    gore effect added...
    #
    Inane 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    gore effect added...
    I would like to see a screenshot.
    And maybe use it in a mod I may be making as soon as school is out.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    it is really easy to make, just set the "change into particle when hits ground" of blood to a particle with a gore image.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    This ought to be interesting. Try posting screenshots and if possible a beta at some point so people can see where you're at. Seeing is beleiving as the saying goes, and unfortunately too many mods don't get finished for people to simply be convinced by concept. It's good to see you appear to be making progress though. I suggest trying to make one simple level and going from there. You can than use that level as a template for the others.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Made one level... its pretty basic.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    Basic or not, stop before you make another level. Post the level as a beta of the mod. I know it seems tedious, but you want to know any possible pitfalls you've fallen into as far as modding goes before your mod gets infinitely more complicated. Just, uh make sure you wear some thick armor as I'm sure there are plenty of old school Doom fans around.

One thing I see all too often is mods being overly complicated with features before they're properly tested. Smaller but more precise strides will guarantee you a much higher chance of completion simply because it'll limit how much time you spend later being frustrated because you buried a bug you missed a while back. I wont press you too hard on it, other than suggesting you put out a beta soon before you go to far.

I think everyone in the forum appreciates a new mod and modder about. Do not put too much thought into the overall negative aspect many might take on new mods. It does stand that Notrium 'has' been out for years and in that time few mods have been released and even fewer were completed. So it's an uphill battle, but if you like a challenge that shouldn't stop you . It's largely due to this that modding in Cormoon 'will not' be the same.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    Just, uh make sure you wear some thick armor as I'm sure there are plenty of old school Doom fans around.
    *Charges his BFG*

Actually i'm not all that old-school. But Doom2 was still one of the best times in my life
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    there is no way im going to be able to make this equal to DOOM but it might be enjoyable in itself.

i cant release a beta right now because its on my mums computer and im at my dads this week, and my mum doesnt trust the internet so ill have to use some persuasion powers.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    there is no way im going to be able to make this equal to DOOM but it might be enjoyable in itself.

i cant release a beta right now because its on my mums computer and im at my dads this week, and my mum doesnt trust the internet so ill have to use some persuasion powers.

Jedi mind control ?

Well good luck with that Redemption and the may the Shwartz be with you .
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    Jedi mind control ?

Redemption: "You don't need to know what I'm doing."

Mother: "I don't need to know what you're doing."

Redemption: "You're going to sign a note excusing me from school tomorrow."

Mother: "I'm going to sign a note excusing you from school tomorrow."

Ahhh to dream.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    ROFLMAO!!!

If Star Wars wasn't Sci-Fi but actually a real-life drama... imagine the possibilities! You could slice a person's REAL arm off of their REAL body with a REAL saber! *drools*
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    ROFLMAO? I haven't heard that one before, what does it mean?
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    ROFLMAO? I haven't heard that one before, what does it mean?
    Rolling On the Floor, Laughing My Ass Off.

And you aren't the first person to speculate about "if Star Wars was real," and there are a lot cooler things to be done if it were.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    ROFLMAO!!!

If Star Wars wasn't Sci-Fi but actually a real-life drama... imagine the possibilities! You could slice a person's REAL arm off of their REAL body with a REAL saber! *drools*

A light saber could simulated in the 'real world' using a lazer. However it might be closer if it were some kind of harmonic technology which is actually the next step in modern weaponry. Though it'd be highly unlikely you'd ever have something with the finesse of a light saber, it'd probably be quite a bit more brutal.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    A light saber could simulated in the 'real world' using a lazer.

Except that the "blade" would keep on going rather than stopping a certain distance fron the hilt.

OTOH that would make it rather useful against aircraft and distant armies.
    #
    Well then, go buy yourself a cutting lazer and beam your nemesis.

As for getting it to stop, I haven't a clue. How 'bout a big, hot metal pipe with an internal heater to keep it that way?

Nah, too stupid. And it dosen't retract until it melts.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    i havd the idea of having the laser beam concentrated to a very small point on the tip of the blade. There would be somekind of object on a telescopic rod there.
    #
    Depending on what the thing is made of, it has a slight chance of working.

That gives me an idea! A small supermagnet could float a little piece of the element X we're talking about a couple feet away. We then activate the laser and shoot at the plate! Then we just start slicing!

Either way, Quan's right about the finesse. And what if they were wearing that pointless metal stuff around their neck?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    How's the mod progressing?
    #
    Good question. We all want to know, Redemption, even if we were spamming your thread.
    #
    eddeshun 17 years ago
    Yes, we are spamming in our curiosity, saying the same thing over and over again, just using different words.
    #
    ...And you didn't say it at all.

Stupid mouse! I swear I only pressed it once! I'm putting it back in the PS/2 port immediately!
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    How's the mod progressing?
    I havent done anything recently (Mod at mum's, me at dad's) but I may have figured something out, will test it on monday.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    Ok, http://www.filefactory.com/?73a97d

The shotgun, chaingun and chainsaw dont use gore (fixed after upload)
    I used graphics from original DOOM, except for the double barrel shotgun.
    Enemy graphics suck.
    #
    Those graphics really didn't suck. The problem is that they were all meant for a 3D-sprite sideview game.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    The problem is that they were all meant for a 3D-sprite sideview game.
    I think you have your concepts mixed up... DOOM is an FPS.
    #
    Forget the sideview part. What's that stand for, anyways? *Goes to dictionary.com*

I know what a first-person shooter is. We're talking about DOOM 1, aren't we? There are 3D sprites in DOOM95, so I assumed the same for DOOM 1.

Before I cause confusion, I bet you're all asking what I mean by 3D sprite. I simply mean that it's a sprite that can move in six directions on a 3D field. Example:
    Picture

I apologise to your modems. Shouldn't take TOO long if you press it... inferior!
    #
    Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: