Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next
  • DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal

seddo111 15 years ago
    you could make some long and some short, depending on the type of weapon
    #
    Redemption 15 years ago
    The problem with reloading as it is is that the player has no idea when they are reloading. I'll make a visual clue sometime. I've never been a fan of long reload times, so the longest reload should be about medium length.

As soon as I get back to work (Computer got wiped [intentionally], so reinstalling stuff might take a while) I'll make a few ideas that have been swimming around in my head for a while. Includes:
    Auto weapon select on inventory switch (shotgun for close quarters, SMG for standard, etc)
    Information computers (Backstory/history)
    Another Team A guy to follow you for a while (Flamethrower)
    Smoke grenades (?)
    More guns
    #
    seddo111 15 years ago
    sound brilliant, the smoke grenades would be a nice twist to the game
    #
    michael15286 15 years ago
    Keep up the great work. But I've never imagined Doom from a top down perspective.
    #
    Redemption 15 years ago
    Auto weapon switching has been set up:
    1: Light SMG
    1 (twice): Sniper Rifle
    2: Shotgun
    2 (twice): Fire Extinguisher
    3: Assault Rifle
    3 (twice): Plasma Rifle
    4: Rocket Launcher
    5: Frag Grenade
    5 (twice): Shockwave Grenade
    0: Sniper Rifle

Other than that, more maps and tweaked enemy marines.
    #
    Redemption 15 years ago
    After finding a way to test speed, I've managed to make the quadbike runover enemies only when it's moving fast. It's theoretically possible for me to add drift now.

Also: Beta coming.
    #
    Redemption 15 years ago
    Beta 11
    Just unzip to main Notrium directory to install.

When you load the mod you have two choices: Start from the beginning or just before pHQ (With guns, this time).

Some of the new stuff won't be encountered just by playing the game, so if you want to see everything use the map editor to shove stuff in.

Notable new things:
    Ability to bring yourself back from the dead (5BQR8KU)
    Death looks better than simple "You got deadified" screen now
    Elite marines (Assault Rifler and Dual wielder - you'll have to map edit the dual wielder in if you want to see 'im)
    Enemies now drop their guns when you kill them (you can't pick them up, they're just decoration)
    Destructable barricades
    Sniper rifle no longer has an insane amount of ammo - just 20 now
    Sleeping enemies
    You can now hold only a limited amount of grenades - and throw them around corners for some reason (I'm still calling it a feature)
    Rocket launcher now explodes on border walls (can't make them... no, that couldn't... *idea*)
    Reloading set up
    Auto weapon switching made on inventory change
    Quadbike now runs enemies over if you're going fast enough, rather than just relying on the omni wheel
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    I downloaded and played through all of it. It was very fun. I got a little bit annoyed what happened after you beat the beta. I tried about 20 times including use of the 5BQR8KU thing but I could only get far enough to blow up the turrets and dodge a few missiles.
    #
    harwe 15 years ago
    Awsome, uploaded in my sig
    #
    Moon832 15 years ago
    Um, is this mod still alive? I know it's the holidays and all, but has anything new come up yet? I'd love to see some new updates and all.
    #
    Redemption 15 years ago
    *gets back to work*

I haven't done anything for a while, so I guess it's time to get going again.
    #
    Moon832 15 years ago
    Whoo-hoo! Glad to see that this mod is still up. I'm playing the part where you reach the space port and this guy helps you defeat a huge wave of enemies! Insanely hard, but fun. I'm lovin' this mod!
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    I'm also excited to see that this mod is back in production. The effort Redemption that you've put into it over such an extended time is amazing. It's growing into a fantastic game.
    #
    Redemption 14 years ago
    Wow, I haven't updated in a long time...

Anyway, I've moved Aleryon Betrayal to a much better computer and have been working on new maps mainly. And a flamethrower ally who'll follow you around for a few maps before leaving - possibly to return later, haven't decided yet.
    #
    mexis8 14 years ago
    Never mind, never noticed anything, i was in a rush.
    #
    SmokNiszczyciel 13 years ago
    Lol wtf, primaly landing zone is OP'ed, i died in like 15 seconds after 30 guys with shotguns came to me o_o I've been playing for like 2h with no saving:/
    #
    Redemption 13 years ago
    Yeah, saving is a bit of an issue, I might end up putting in some notes later reminding players to save every now and then. If you can press 5BQR8KU fast enough after dying you'll be brought back to life.

Oh, and the Primary Landing Zone is nothing to the Eleventh Holding Zone...
    #
    wELL NICE MOD, i'VE ALREADY REACHED PHQ OUTER BUNKER AND YOUR MOD LOOKS LIKE A ADVENTURE SHOOTER:p

@edit
    Sry for caps, and btw you've fucked up your mod by adding game slowdown while you'r getting hit, i've died aready like 15 times by it and i think about removing it by myself.
    I also had many ammo problems - i had to kill enemy using my fist
    #
    Hm how did you make switches to turn on the light? I would use it for my mod, in the abandoned ancient base [would be really useful, I will add you to credits]

I just need to know how these switches work, so I can use them in many good ways.
    #
    Redemption 13 years ago
    Removing the time slow shouldn't be too hard, just get rid of the hit block marked "Time Slow" from the player creature.

The switches for turning on the lights aren't too complicated: When the switch plot_object is activated it sets a player bar to a value, the light dropping plot_objects then check to see if said bar has that value and drop the lights (effect 27) if so.
    #
    Thereaper 12 years ago
    This mod is awesome, you have do a nice work, the story is very intresting. Good Job!
    #
    Forum » DOOM Mod / Aleryon Betrayal
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: