Register
Email: Password:
Forum » opening screens problems

opening screens problems

Evartagan 20 years ago
I'm sure this will be a great game when I can play it. I can't write anything on the screen where the 3 mages are listed or the next one after I hit continue. That screen doesn't have anything to click on except the red arrows but they don't do anything. Am I missing something extremely obvious? The cursor worked after I sped it up in the first setup screen.

David
#
Crazy 20 years ago
ahaaa... do you see any text there? if you don't, i had the same problem.
#
ville 20 years ago
You mean the screen with the wooden board and the arrows that are supposed to scroll the text? If there is no text there, the game doesn't recognize your alpha blending capabilities for some odd reason. Some people have reported that upgrading or downgrading their graphics card drivers had solved the problem, but I haven't seen it work myself.
#
Crazy 20 years ago
ahem, yes i had the same problem with software rendering
i turned on hardware accel, and voila!
#
Evartagan 20 years ago
I got dx9 but dont have a 3d card. Still don't know what else to try.
#
ville 20 years ago
Ah, this problem too is because of your lack of 3d-hardware. Sadly all my games need (semi)modern hardware to work, even though some games are perceivably 2d.
#
ZeXLR8er 20 years ago
when you start a new game, the first page of text (the one about the monastry etc.) comes on all flickery. everything else is fine; the rest of the screen doesn't flicker, just the text.
is this supposed to happen?
:help :help :help :help :help :help
#
ville 20 years ago
No, it's not. Probably a driver problem.
#
ZeXLR8er 20 years ago
righty-o.
thanks!

(i'v got 1 to go to being a super member; and you've got 1 to go to being a... um, what do you call someone who has sent 800 messages? :bounce
congrats!)
#
ville 20 years ago
:glad I haven't even noticed it myself. I don't think the amount of messages matters, I'm sure no one will think better of me no matter what amount of messages I have on my own board.
#
Forum » opening screens problems

Your email:
Your name: