Register
Email: Password:
Forum » I like Wazzal !!!

I like Wazzal !!!

Mutos 20 years ago
Hi Ville, hi all,

Just dled Wazzal & I like it ^-^ Remembers me of many oldtimers I played through. I'm a fan of Elite-like games, space privateering, that is using commerce, exploration & combat in the same game, all in a sci-fi setting. I dream of making one someday. I'm currently trying to master TrueVision & orbital parameters inspiring from Celestia to make an Orbits Editor for stellar systems, Frontier-like...
#
ville 20 years ago
I'd love to see your game if you someday manage to make it.
#
Mutos 20 years ago
Hi Ville,

Me too ^-^ I've never programmed a game so I'll go step by step. Don't expect anything in a short time...

Anyways, i keep going through Wazzal & I find it difficult but very interesting. Still reminds me of many games & has a special flavor of great playability, except for taking over ships where i stille find hard to steer ur character... & I appreciate much not being constrained by a rigid plot !
#
ville 20 years ago
But it is constrained by a plot!

At least when the random missions get boring, since there aren't very many of them. I should have put in more randomness, it helps in small games.
#
Mutos 20 years ago
Hi Ville,

Yes u have a plot & it's visible. But it's not so rigid that u can't explore, wander & take many random missions. Freedom & randomness at of great help !

News of dev : i've managed to get a camera up & running & now i'm taking at the orbit builder.
#
Crazy 20 years ago
The game is so crazy, that the house will twist up!
#
Crazy 20 years ago
If you are trying to beat me good luck, i am the master here
#
Nuts 20 years ago
If you are trying to understabd the meaning of Wazzal without playing the game,
good luck. It´s cool to drive around the space, with no limit´s.
#
ZeXLR8er 20 years ago
Who is trying to beat who? :help :help
(sorry, I must be a bit slow!)
#
Mutos 20 years ago
Hi all,

Finished Wazzal a number of times, had great pleasure trying to build a squaron w/ ships i like. Also found out a way to capture ships, at the beginning i could capture no ship at all... Question of using ur soldier & concentrating fire...
#
ville 20 years ago
True, the controls in the minigame were a bit awkward.
#
Nutest 19 years ago
I think that the controls are good.
#
Tyrian 19 years ago
just finished wazzal 20 ago... great game i love that types of games
#
Forum » I like Wazzal !!!

Your email:
Your name: