Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Savegame editing/modding thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Savegame editing/modding thread

MageKing17 19 years ago
    Sorry, I don't read most of the notrium posts. Just Tips and Hints and Version 1.3 updates.
    #
    void 19 years ago
    How do you plan on modding it?

I can make a trainer for the game now that I've learn't how to do it. It's quite simple I made a trainer for starscape 1.5 in a matter of minutes.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    How about you make a save file editor first, those are always fun. You could make it have pictures of the ships and you can type in a name for them. That would be fun.

Anyway, a trainer would be useless unless it made it so that your health was always at 99999999 rather than having to keep updating your save file. Or change the ships's repair cost to 1 and max health to 99999999, but only for the Laser ship so all of the cheaters will have a huge advantage over their enemies. Or all the people who played the game normally to get the laser ship. Whichever. Anyway, if someone wants to make anything, a savefile editor first. Speaking of which, someone needs to decipher exactly what all the savefile stuff does first. Unless Ville will tell us.

Anyway, I suppose I'm just asking for a savefile editor. Oh well.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Can't tell, I don't know them myself.
    #
    void 19 years ago
    I don't know how to do that either but with a trainer I could make it possible to change health.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    But you can already change health. Just not permanantly. Anyway, I'm just curious about two things in the save file.

1. What is the no name ship before ship #1?

2. How and why does it save all the quests you've done?

Other than that, I've figured out some of the save file stuff myself, like ship health, money, fuel, and ship type.
    #
    Spartacus 19 years ago
    I can't actually find something somewhere which gives specifics on savegame editing. Any help here?
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    erm... just fool around
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Savegames are usually very specific to the game that makes them. In the case of Wazzal, the game throws all of its data in ascii format to the file. You can usually edit it by hand, but you would need to know a lot of the inner workings of the game to find for example where the amount of money is stored. Unfortunately such information has been lost in the ravages of time.
    #
    Lennox 19 years ago
    I know a good trainer that can be used with most games (Wazzal too, of course). You can lock the health of a ship or make unlimited money for example. You just need to change the Value you want to hack, alt-tab and search it some time.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://weltdercheats.de/faq/index.php?entryid=22">http://weltdercheats.de/faq/index.php?entryid=22</a><!-- m -->

It doesn't work with Notrium and bikez, don't know why.
    #
    snogus 18 years ago
    man i am so damn cofunsed with all this hacking of saved game files and stuff. I've just got one question:

Can someone please tell me how i can get heaps of money or stronger ships without having to work for them?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "snogus" said:
    man i am so damn cofunsed with all this hacking of saved game files and stuff. I've just got one question:

Can someone please tell me how i can get heaps of money or stronger ships without having to work for them?
    With that attitude, no. You have to have a will to figure out how the save files work. It took me about ten minutes to discover how to hack my money. I'm sure that with some determination and luck, you'll be able to find it.
    #
    snogus 18 years ago
    c'mon don't be mean, i figured out how to edit the save files but what and where do i make changes to?
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    The only way I know how is to find the amount of gold you have in there, and change it. It's plain text, so it should be easy to find.
    #
    notriumfan 18 years ago
    Can somebody please tell me how to edit your ships armor ammount?
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    If anyone still plays this, here's a short list on what I know is what from the first 26 lines of a saved game:

4.22.2006 15:05 //Datastamp
    No Name //Ships name, the first one sets global stuff.
    0 //Money amound, has to be an int
    800 //Fuel, I'm guessing an int.
    77716141 //Ship's Armour, float (allows decimals, etc)
    Hallowed //Ship's name. The bellow applies to this ship.
    7 //Type See below.
    0 //Money amound, has to be an int, Not needed for ships
    800 //Fuel, I'm guessing an int, not needed either
    77716141 //Ship's Armour, float - not sure why another exists.

Made a few assumptions there, but it's fixed now.

Ship types (So far):
    0 = Alien's Ship
    1 = Err, Green pointy ship?
    2 = Starting Ship.
    3 = Blue Tiger.
    4 = Red Spikey Ball Ship (sorry, I don't know their actual type)
    5 = Cargo Ship.
    6 = Battle Station (i.e Protects Earth) NON MOVEABLE
    7 = Modded Cargo Ship (i.e, with mining laser)
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    4.22.2006 15:05 //Datastamp
    No Name //Ships name, the first one sets global stuff.
    0 <-- I'm pretty sure...
    0 <-- ...that these three...
    0 <-- ...are drugs, slaves, and weapons. But not in that order.
    0 //Money amound, has to be an int
    800 //Fuel, I'm guessing an int.
    77716141 //Ship's Armour, float (allows decimals, etc)
    Hallowed //Ship's name. The bellow applies to this ship.
    7 //Type See below.
    0 <-- See above...
    0 <-- ...again...
    0 <-- ...and again. Also see directly below.
    0 //Money amound, has to be an int, Not needed for ships
    800 //Fuel, I'm guessing an int, not needed either
    77716141 //Ship's Armour, float - not sure why another exists.
    A second exists because it's for the second ship (or the first, since the "real" first is the "default" ship). The ones after are for all the rest of your ships.

"Vacuus" said:
    Ship types (So far):
    0 = Alien's Ship
    1 = Err, Green pointy ship?
    2 = Starting Ship.
    3 = Blue Tiger.
    4 = Red Spikey Ball Ship (sorry, I don't know their actual type)
    5 = Cargo Ship.
    6 = Battle Station (i.e Protects Earth) NON MOVEABLE
    7 = Modded Cargo Ship (i.e, with mining laser)
    The ships:

"MageKing17" said:
    Blue Tiger - The blue ship with two nacelles and three engines with the kick-ass weaponry (yes, yes I do have a fleet of these).

Nebula - The tiny ship that looks like that tiny ship in StarCon.

Unidentified Flying Object - The alien ship (obviously).

Cargo Ship - Worst Ship Ever(tm). Slow turning bad acceleration. Looks like a bulldozer, which might make a cool ship in another game, but not this one.

[edit - 7/10/2004 11:00 PM GMT -8]
    Star Streaker - Starter ship, my second favorite.
    [/edit]

[edit - 7/20/2004 4:26 PM GMT -8]
    Terrible Treble - The red ship with the spikes sticking out of it.[/edit]
    And the "modded cargo ship" is the Laser Ship.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    Bah, thanks for the list of ships.

But, as for the armour rating, I'm not quite sure why we need the first value - it effects the ship you control, so I'm guessing the other values are for A.I... Same for money/fuel..

You're [robably right about the drugs/weapons/slaves thing, however, I've had some weir experiences with those.. I set all 3 to 10, and loaded up Wazzal to find my ship standing up on it's end 0.o..
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    You're [robably right about the drugs/weapons/slaves thing, however, I've had some weir experiences with those.. I set all 3 to 10, and loaded up Wazzal to find my ship standing up on it's end 0.o..
    I've never had that happen. 0_o

What I do to find out what the values are is to write down what all my stuff is at (money, fuel, drugs, weapons, slaves), then see where that is in the text file. It's been so long, however, that I can't remember it all that well.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Notice how we clinge to the littlest modding that we can do to any of Ville's games?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    [OT] Btw, one could create one's own adventures in MageBane 1. [/OT]
    #
    www.vgolds.com 16 years ago
    Enjoy Summer GP :AS CHEAP AS 4.00 USD / MIL(<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.Vgolds.com">http://www.Vgolds.com</a><!-- w -->

Paypal ($4.0USD/Mil)
    Moneybooker (Eur3.12/Mil)
    We will accept paypal , moneybooker payments. Please note that I will need to call your resident phone to confirm your order (Order Limit of 10M VIA PAYPAL for first-time customers)

My rules:
    When you post please include the following:
    1) Your MSN
    2) The amount you need
    3) The amount you're paying
    4) The payment method you're using

Please make sure to contact us on our website vgolds and use the following way to contact us before trading!

Contact us : Email/MSN: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:virgoldservice@hotmail.com">virgoldservice@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    Yahoo! Messenger: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:virgoldservice@yahoo.com">virgoldservice@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->
    AOL AIM: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:virgoldservice@aol.com">virgoldservice@aol.com</a><!-- e -->
    livechat : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://livechat.silkroad-gold.com/user_questions.php">http://livechat.silkroad-gold.com/user_questions.php</a><!-- m -->?
    You can add us anytime ,anywhere and feel free to ask us any questions related to the game or your order .We offer 24/7 online service and we will try our best to solve all your problem.

I will show the Runescape Money in-game to attract customers
    Post here to buy, or PM me on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.volds.com">http://www.volds.com</a><!-- w -->. Leave your MSN so I can add you.

Here are my rules:

1) Gold -> Real Cash trades ONLY.
    2) If you accumulated GP are more than 20 m ,you may also enjoy extra at least 1 m gold as a gift .
    The more you buy ,the more extra gold you may gain .
    3) We give the optional gift to every new comer and always send gift to the frequent customer
    4) The faster delivery : 5-10 mins
    5) Post here with:
    Names and your email address
    The details of the trade (For example, 20 USD for 5 GP)
    The Payment method ( Paypal, moneybooker )
    I am so happy doing small trades, such as 1M at a time, or something of that size. I've now sold very well and look forward to selling much more. Please leave a vouch after any trade, I appreciate all of them! Vgold are dedicated to improving services and fostering a more enjoyable gaming experience.
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vgolds.com">http://www.vgolds.com</a><!-- w -->
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Holy egg-salad, Batman! They have struck again!
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    It's been a while.
    #
    Bones 16 years ago

God help us all...
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    *twitch*
    *twitch*
    Those posts were five months old! Geez!
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Yes, but I didn't bother saying it again.
    This happens to many people. At least they get to learn from their mistakes.
    #
    Forum » Savegame editing/modding thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: