Register
Email: Password:
Forum » New competition???
  • « previous
  • » next
  • New competition???

speedblade 17 years ago
    I'm learning C++ right now but i'm not that skilled yet..
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Arawak" said:
    That and savage is free now so we could play that if everyone doesnt have whatever game we might use.
    Savage is rather good but the problem with it is that it's a team game. So how would we determine the winner?
    #
    NeoGangster 17 years ago
    I would go with the multiplayer tournament, but dunno which game I would prefer :S

"game making comp" reminds me of the game making comp we had 2 years ago...guess the winner (after all I was the only one who had something done in the end >_<

Notrium Modding is a nice idea, especially the mini games idea seems good.

Story Comp...not kind of comp I would enter ^^

Web Design sure why not but you would actually need a page which you could design.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    "NeoGangster" said:
    Web Design sure why not but you would actually need a page which you could design.
    We could steal a domain from that site-stealer thingymabob. I'm not saying that that's the idea I want to go with, but it IS possible to do it cheaply.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "NeoGangster" said:
    We could steal a domain from that site-stealer thingymabob. I'm not saying that that's the idea I want to go with, but it IS possible to do it cheaply.
    I don't think he was talking about hosting.

Y'see, kids, they listen to the rap, which gives them the brain da- oh, wait, sorry...

Y'see, all designers oughta be working to create THEIR vision of ONE site thingy. And stuff.
    #
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "NeoGangster" said:
    I don't think he was talking about hosting.

Y'see, kids, they listen to the rap, which gives them the brain da- oh, wait, sorry...

Y'see, all designers oughta be working to create THEIR vision of ONE site thingy. And stuff.
    Oh. It dosen't really matter, anyways. The poll says modding Notrium wins.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    The poll's not over yet

Anyway, I was going to provide hosting on my new domain (which I will not share, yet), which actualy has a 'file Disk' kinda like anywherebb.com's cDisk.. Oh, anyway...
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    NOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoooo
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    NOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoooo
    Oh, crap, what did I do this time?
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    I can only recall all the times we tried to get a group of people to mod Notrium together and it failed horribly (that collection of mini-mods, anyone?).
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    I can only recall all the times we tried to get a group of people to mod Notrium together and it failed horribly (that collection of mini-mods, anyone?).
    We never did that! From what I remember, everyone only considered it but failed to actually do it because it seemed like an awful idea. Times have changed since then, so whoever's in might figure out how to get organized.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Well, I'd see the Notrium Compo as a way for myself (and others who might be new at this) to learn modding Notrium, and as a way to revitalize the modding scene. After all, how many good/original mods have been released? 5? After how many years of Notrium?
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    Same. I've never actualy attempted to mod Notrium, and this could be a good way to begin.

As for hosting/websites, I will be able to provide this once my new site gets sorted out, in a week or so.
    #
    This is turning out to be more revolutionary than I expected.

So, before anyone begins designing minigames, several questions must be answered:
    1) Who's going to participate?
    2) Who's designing the hub?
    3) How many identifiers will each person get? ex: Less identifiers is more challenging.
    4) How much stuff will we include from Vanilla Notrium that everyone can use? We'll need less than the whole thing to keep the competition simple.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    1) Who's going to participate?
    Me.
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    3) How many identifiers will each person get? ex: Less identifiers is more challenging.
    That depends on how many people will participate. If someone really needs more we can always just add it below everyone else's, the only problem would be that these might collide with each other so that would need organization.
    #
    Forum » New competition???
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: