Forum » The Werivar Expansion Mod.
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Werivar Expansion Mod.

harwe 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "harwe" said:
    the hell u talkin bout........

and put some SPACES PLZ its so EASY!!!! press it with your thumb like after some punctuation... geez... u should go back to elementary school and learn bout punctuation spacings man.......less your language is different, but then again, grammer and everything is nice........

as for the first thing, DOWNLOAD IT FOR YOURSELF its small, 10MB max, i think.
    click the sig
    The irony of seeing you berate someone about their grammar is killing me.
    XD meh
    ooooooo crap..... i spelt grammer wrong
    #
    rob 17 years ago
    been playing this mod for bout an hour and its great, except that there are no light diodes to be found anywhere. what the deus man.

tried making them so they show up on the radar no matter what and yeah they just aren't there anywhere that i can see.

is this intentional to make it harder or what cos really i'm burning thru all my ether with an adv flamer and a laser (and night vision, and turrets etc...) would be life saving (i got massive energy right now 350+).

also there is a ridiculous amount of *fuelcells and converters* and *long metal rod and de-magnetisers*. I have over 15 of each lying about in the ruins and iv'e only just started.

help.

cheers.
    #
    Rayven 17 years ago
    Harwe dont be rude,i'm a begginer !
    E n o u g h s p a c e s ?
    #
    Rayven 17 years ago
    The thing i'm talking about is a sword. It's about putting a sword into the game. It's on the first page. I guess its a long gone theme by now...
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Rayven" said:
    1) We're pretty much always rude to beginners who CAN'T TYPE CORRECTLY.
    2) That's TOO MUCH spaces. The thing you must learn to do is to add a space AFTER a punctuation symbol thing, BEFORE the next word starts. For example, type "This is a pie. Pie is good." instead of "This is a pie.Pie is good." (as you can see, the first two sentences in quotations have proper punctuation, whereas the other two sentences in quotations don't).
    3) DO NOT POST AFTER A POST YOU MADE LESS THAN 24h AGO IN THE SAME THREAD. If you feel like adding something, EDIT THE POST.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    "rob" said:
    been playing this mod for bout an hour and its great, except that there are no light diodes to be found anywhere. what the deus man.

tried making them so they show up on the radar no matter what and yeah they just aren't there anywhere that i can see.

is this intentional to make it harder or what cos really i'm burning thru all my ether with an adv flamer and a laser (and night vision, and turrets etc...) would be life saving (i got massive energy right now 350+).

also there is a ridiculous amount of *fuelcells and converters* and *long metal rod and de-magnetisers*. I have over 15 of each lying about in the ruins and iv'e only just started.

help.

cheers.

Light Diodes are from the Ships graveyard where you have to travel to the top..... left of the mod to reach it. If you ever get there, its filled with SUPPLIES but as well as dire reapers and turrets. Oh and I nearly forgot about the missile base, they have lots of supplies only if you can fend off those annoying bots that chase after you.

Use fields to regen everything so you don't have to waste so many items. generally I never use things that require ether because its another source of food. Then again, there are so many aliens and yet they don't appear when your hungry(my luck) I stick with guns and energy weapons which are easy to acquire ammo.

And you are lucky to have that many stuff in the beginning.

[OT]
    "Rayven" said:
    SMUSH THY ANT!!! [/OT]
    #
    rob 17 years ago
    ah ha i see.

is there any effective countermeasure against these dire reapers? my face and chest don't seem to be all that effective at slaying these mighty beasties. one or two aren't that hard with my adv flamer but the swarms of lie 20 of them don't seem to die at all. dose the flamer even hit more than one enemy at a time?

cheers for the advice

also i've been fiddling around with the game but cant figure out how to change creatures health or how to make the flame weapons use less ammo but do the same damage.

lucky to have allot of useless junk you cant use? what am i gonna do with 17 metal rods? make a tent? hey thats a good idea...
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    there is.... you must find out urself.... find out how to mine, how to get to ship's graveyard, kill turrets and reapers at once
    ummm if you played with the non expansion, you would have a better chance at winning at that than in this one
    #
    rob 17 years ago
    but i like this mod much better. theres so much more stuff to make.

give me a hint man c'mon, i cant get any further with out slaughtering some turrets

hmmm... cant actually get close to the turrets, they push me away. strafing works a bit till they all start at me, volume of fire and all that.

repair unit does emp to the attack drone things maybe if i get close to
    the turrets...

excellent mod guys - good stuff.

btw whats behind the blue ice looking things on the ship at the start?
    #
    Rayven 17 years ago
    I agree with rob about the dire reapers. I'm playing the ordinary Werivar mode. The Dire reapers are too hard to kill, even on easy mode. The best thing for me so now is to use a battery discharge. I haven't tried the flamer yet, or the radiator, or the becon ray. I hope i spelled that right. And this...
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    well, if you had read the thread, you would find that soon when you gather more things everywhere else, youll be able to cull the dire reapers witout any troubles at all
    #
    Rayven 17 years ago
    What do the bio-batteries do? They have the same effect as the ordinary ones. I just can't make a adv. turret... how?
    #
    rob 17 years ago
    where/how can i get/make pickaxes and spades. this had me stumped for so long that turrets popped up around my base and robot death machines have appeared all over the show.

** dont ** tell me to go to the ship grave yard or mining fields, i can't they're on the other side of the hive(s). actually got passed half way on one of the hives then about 50 dire reapers swarmed me. unluckily for me my flamer was dry and lasers (found a broken laser turret YES!) don't do squat and most of my health was used up running over lava (to shake the last massive swarm of dire reapers and those little blue baStArdS)

i have looted the tunnel in the dry marsh.
    #
    Nocture17 17 years ago
    Still alive, still busy. Haven't even touched Notrium in a month.

Level 4 claws.... You should be able to make Omega Claws by level 4 or 5, which would hopefully tide you over until you have Devour and can use the more potent weapons in your arsenal. Failing all else, just use Scavenger claws. Remember, your early life should preferably involve a lot of scavenging. Making a blow torch and skulking around the Mining Fields is a good way to accumulate early food for a scavenger, especially with the changes to Thermal Heat Packs and rations.

Instant metal x 3, Metal Rods x 3: Use at a fire. Boom! Tools.

Myself, I've never had too many problems with Dire Reapers in either the original or this expansion, it's pretty easy to pick up a dual pistol as a human, and that's one of the best weapons you can have, especially since Dire Reapers are very resistant to energy weapons (including Omega Claws). And as the stowaway, fire breath will tide you over for quite awhile.

As for turrets.... I recommend the Laser Rifle along with the targetting beam. You'll outrange every turret. Failing that, laser pistol, clever positioning and the targetting beam will let you take out turrets from a position they can't hit you from.

Incidentally.... Behind the force blocks on the Explorer is the Ship's Armoury. It's technically impossible to get anything from it with any character and still make it out in time, but it contains weapons, supplies and materials vital to survival in Notrium. Life is cruel.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Nocture17" said:
    Incidentally.... Behind the force blocks on the Explorer is the Ship's Armoury. It's technically impossible to get anything from it with any character and still make it out in time, but it contains weapons, supplies and materials vital to survival in Notrium. Life is cruel.
    Whats the point of it then?
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    you edit it so you can get to it
    #
    rob 17 years ago
    how do you make the android ultimate upgrade?

i have -10 of those rainbow crystals
    - about 8 robot wrecks
    -a couple of powered accelerators
    -17 computer units (it keeps telling me it wants one but wont make it)
    - 2 light diodes
    -11 blue alien carcasses
    -2 replicator cells
    -9 power units

*i am carrying all this stuff - it is in my my inventory*

i just keeps telling me i need a computer unit (i have loads). once it asked for a powered accelerator (which i had 2 of). what am i missing.
    #
    Rayven 17 years ago
    How do you make a powered-particle accelerator?
    Where is the combination thread?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Rayven" said:
    How do you make a powered-particle accelerator?
    Check the combination thread.
    #
    Rayven 17 years ago
    Where is the combination thread?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    In the Notrium forum section.

Also, if you have any more Notrium-related questions (Vanilla Notrium, that is), I suggest you use the appointed thread in the Notrium forum section.
    #
    bwansy 17 years ago
    "rob" said:
    how do you make the android ultimate upgrade?
    Get whatever it tell you that you need. For computer units, it requires more than 20 of them.
    Here's some tips: if you can't carry all those items along, you can put them all on the same spot at some safe place, and pick them up all at once when you have to check what you are lacking, or when you think you have met the requirements.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    hmm isnt that the basic strategy for notrium?
    #
    rob 17 years ago
    excellent, that might just do the trick. seems odd tho, kind of like some futuristic strategy games have 'power-ups' for tanks that allow them almost pinpoint accuracy even on the move when it is pretty much standard armament for modern day tanks. i'm sure just a few or even one chip would probably work fine from realisms perspective. (keep in mind recent development like quad core and soon octo core processers x1000 years of advancements, it just makes sence)

however large amounts of the rest is a completely different matter.

cheers for the tip.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "rob" said:
    excellent, that might just do the trick. seems odd tho, kind of like some futuristic strategy games have 'power-ups' for tanks that allow them almost pinpoint accuracy even on the move when it is pretty much standard armament for modern day tanks. i'm sure just a few or even one chip would probably work fine from realisms perspective. (keep in mind recent development like quad core and soon octo core processers x1000 years of advancements, it just makes sence)
    It might be redundancy for security. If you depend on one chip and it burns out by acid rain or something, what then? Better have a few spare ones installed.

And it would also make some sort of sense to keep much of the logic separate and thus running on different chips, perhaps. Or purely for engineering purposes: a chip close to where it is needed reacts faster and wastes less energy than one far away.

Just some ideas. Let it be clear, I have never actually built a killer android.
    #
    Nocture17 17 years ago
    Why? Partly because I'm mean, partly because I have vague plans for a differently oriented character for the expansion sometime within the next few years.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    lets see.. where to start... i've been playing the werivar mod (normal) for the longest time now and i can never manage to beat it haha. when im psionic i cant find the portals so i cant level him up. alien gets mauled by queens when trying to kill that stupid last blue alien needed to evolve again, human cant get any weapons to defend himself with.. android i did pretty good but i just sat in the ship cemetary for an hour making those reactrs so i wouldnt need to worry about my energy anymore ^_^. is there some way you can put the psionic portals in a fixed position so we dont have to kill ourselves 40x over just to find one then get killed and have to find it again? haha i cant figure out how to get the mod thing to open cause my setup box is different than theirs or i would do it myself. sorry if thats a bit long and makes no sense or anything. I'm gonna go try your new mod now though so lets hope its better than the old one even just by a little bit

:edit: ok played it, and im addicted to your scavenger. its really hard but oh so satisfying when you accomplish something
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:

Just some ideas. Let it be clear, I have never actually built a killer android.

You HAVEN'T? Whoa!
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    yeah its a great mod, but i read that you changed the escape time to 30 sec but heres the times i keep getting: Scavenger-10 Human-20, Alien-20, and thats all i've done so far because i really dont wanna get started on the android and the hard psionic lol. i'll get back to you if i decide to though or somebody else can. i'll report anything else i find ^_^
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    its a challenge yo
    #
    bwansy 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    hmm isnt that the basic strategy for notrium?
    Yes, but I guessed he's new and he knows a little.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    i know its a challenge but not much of one, just gotta run to the escape pod and grab the computer chip there before you leave. with the human i always have 1 sec to spare. and update: werivar gets 20 (gotta check when i get home again lol) still very fun, cant stop playing the scavenger for some reason. i think i got him to 6 before i had to go to bed then i died and forgot to save! so now its back down to 2. oh well, gives me something to do when i get home
    #
    rob 17 years ago
    what!? call me a new player! read my posts it mentions that the ship grave yard (and that place with all the stupid insectoids, and missile base) was on the OPPOSITE side of the hive from where i started. that means i had to get across with out dying to collect the items needed to make the ultimate upgrade. ever heard of a n00b slaughtering (well more of a slipping and sliding with a few kills here and there) his way across any of the hives (millions of swarms or million dire reapers vs. crusty old android overloaded with gear and just an advanced flamer and 500 ether for company? i think not.

20 chips short out before a self repairing robot can fix them? no way bannana breath. as for power consumption the distance to and from between a component and a chip is negligeable because electricity (and light for fiber optics) - travel at the (you guessed it) speed of light. as i said one or two would do.

just beat the game. excellent work guys, you have done Ville proud
    #
    Barebones 17 years ago
    "rob" said:
    what!? call me a new player! read my posts it mentions that the ship grave yard (and that place with all the stupid insectoids, and missile base) was on the OPPOSITE side of the hive from where i started. that means i had to get across with out dying to collect the items needed to make the ultimate upgrade. ever heard of a n00b slaughtering (well more of a slipping and sliding with a few kills here and there) his way across any of the hives (millions of swarms or million dire reapers vs. crusty old android overloaded with gear and just an advanced flamer and 500 ether for company? i think not.

20 chips short out before a self repairing robot can fix them? no way bannana breath. as for power consumption the distance to and from between a component and a chip is negligeable because electricity (and light for fiber optics) - travel at the (you guessed it) speed of light. as i said one or two would do.

just beat the game. excellent work guys, you have done Ville proud

You're not a n00b when you don't need an advanced flamethrower to take on aliens. For one, you're exploiting the fact that they can only use melee, and that the advanced flamethrower is insanely powerful, almost as much as the Warp Drill Gun, if it had the WDG's range. The flamethrower also pushes the enemy away slightly, which helps with Dire Reapers.

Take on the East base using just the normal flamethrower and fire extinguisher. A real player takes advantage of all his weapons, and can decimate an entire map of all enemies.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Fire extinguisher? What for?

...also I really have to finally try this mod out...
    #
    Forum » The Werivar Expansion Mod.
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: