Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Werivar Expansion Mod.
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Werivar Expansion Mod.

Nocture17 17 years ago
    I believe he's talking about the fire extinguisher because it has great knockback against enemies, and by switching between the two, you can fry your way the reapers, knock 'em back, rinse and repeat.

Myself, I prefer the VC Pistol/Repair units method. I don't like the flame thrower.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    haha repair units are fun to use on a group of enemies. just make em all charge you (specially since alot of the aliens group together your first trip to the hive areas) and let it go! BOOOOM no more aliens ^_^ i dont really like the fire extuingisher cause i always run outta fuel for it right before somethings dead then it kills me
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    "Barebones" said:
    You're not a n00b when you don't need an advanced flamethrower to take on aliens.
    So you ARE a n00b if you DO need to use an advanced flamethrower? Or what? That sentence confuses me in many ways.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    "Barebones" said:
    You're not a n00b when you don't need an advanced flamethrower to take on aliens.
    So you ARE a n00b if you DO need to use an advanced flamethrower? Or what? That sentence confuses me in many ways.
    Logically, it's like this:
    NOT needs advanced flamethrower -> NOT n00b
    and this is logically equivalent with
    n00b -> advanced flamethrower

Or, basically, n00bs use advanced flamethrowers, but using one does not make you a n00b. Not using an advanced flamethrowers make you a non-n00b, while being a non-n00b does not pose any restrictions on you using an advanced flamethrower.

So, I still don't know what Barebones was trying to say either, but using an advanced flamethrower does not say anything about being n00b or not according to his logic.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    I never use flamethrowers, they chew through ether much too fast for my tastes. I prefer energy weapons or the VC Pistol (bullets are far more readily available than ether).
    #
    Barebones 17 years ago
    My theory is, try and kill the enemy by picking up as few objects as possible. If you can kill aliens by pushing them into lava, then you're god-like, because that means you can get through the game without picking up any real weapons, and/or picking up parts to make them.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    [OT] @Barebones: You DO know the difference between a n00b/noob and a newb/newbie? [/OT]
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    haha n00bs and newbs are different, ones the right spelling the other isnt. and i hate this game! its too addictive lol and i cant figure out how to get the setup thing to let me open the map editor
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    First of all, this isn't the place for that question/comment, and second of all, there's a genuine difference between a n00b and a newb. You happen to be a n00b.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    wasnt really a question, more of a statement. and if you want a question. why wont the filefactory page let me download the expansion? i get to the site and it says popups blocked so i allow it and nothing happens anyway. really aggravating (didnt spell right i believe but oh well)

when the scavenger attacks his food goes down way faster, was this intentional or is it a mistake?

[OT] doesnt coming in to call me a threadminer w/o mentioning anything else technically make them one too? [/OT]
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "zerocoal" said:
    [OT] doesnt coming in to call me a threadminer w/o mentioning anything else technically make them one too? [/OT]
    Nay, for the thread has already been dug up. Then it just needs time to become buried again.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    ahh thanks Grim ^_^ dunno if his goes here but how do i make the energy unit thing i need to power the ether generator (sorry if it doesnt go here)
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "zerocoal" said:
    ahh thanks Grim ^_^ dunno if his goes here but how do i make the energy unit thing i need to power the ether generator (sorry if it doesnt go here)
    I suggest you look at the Ultimate Item Combining thread if you don't know how to make a certain item.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    I suggest you look at the Ultimate Item Combining thread if you don't know how to make a certain item.

and where may i find this ultimate item thread? i tried search but it didnt help, came up with a bunch of other stuff and alot of em were those TRAP ones
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    It's a sticky in the Notrium forum section.
    #
    Barebones 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    [OT] @Barebones: You DO know the difference between a n00b/noob and a newb/newbie? [/OT]

[OT] Yes I do, n00bs can't learn to play properly ever in their life, and newbies don't know how to but learn fast. Hence newbs are more pleasant to be around than n00bs.[/OT]

Also zerocoal, don't upgrade your claws using bio-infusion. Instead try and get Omega claws. Omega claws are (lightning spark + claws = lightning claws) + (armor plating + lightning spark = hyper metabolism). The Omega claws do some decent damage, but they also don't use food OR energy to use.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    yup their nice, does the advanced exoskeleton thing upgrade anymore?

and that ultimate item combination thing didnt help me, they only have a few items. and like nothing that i can use for werivar. does somebody know what items are needed to power the ether generator?
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    "zerocoal" said:

level up until lvl 12 then think about asking that question again
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    "zerocoal" said:

level up until lvl 12 then think about asking that question again

otay i'll try that but since i cant power my ether generator its hard to find enough food to keep me fed

[EDIT] whats the code that sets the timer for the beginning of the game and which file is it in. i've checked scripts, areas, notes, and object definitions but i cant find anything to do with a countdown timer.. its starting to make my eyes hurt lookin at all the small numbers packed together
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    stop trying to mod it and play it like a man..... and you dont need an ether generator, all you need is to goto hive and kill EVERYTHING YOU SEE lol except eggs cuz you might not want to finish the game too early

and about that level, i was wrong, its 20
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    i just wanna explore the ship and see what goodies he left us haha. and the ether generator is on my scavenger that cant kill anything at all cause the dires dont like me =[
    #
    rob 17 years ago
    Out dated but what the hey

hell yeah go fire extinguisher

What i was getting at with the flamer was that it uses its ammo up like a fat kid with cake. Having a warpdrill level weapon is great bit if you don't have any big freaking bullets the BFG isnt going to work is it. So that means i was being chased by 100+ dire reapers and the crowd grows faster than i can kill it so as barebones said, into the firey pits of lava (slows them down lots but it dosent really kill them too good) with the extinguisher. which is a bit of a mission cos theres lots of them. now thats some 1337 pwnag3/beating a hasty retreat (to the opposite side of the map, through fire flame and reaper naturally)
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    wow that sounds very very VERY interesting... ^_^ i have the warp gun but i cant figure out what to combine it with to make the warp drill gun =[ tried the item combining thread again but it didnt help... well it did with gettin the thing in the first place but thats not the point
    #
    kopana 17 years ago
    My apologies, as in all likelihood this is the wrong place to ask, but I was wondering if there was a way to make an item, or more preferrably an innate power of some sort that would slow you down, or speed everything else up. I ask this because while playing this wonderfull mod as a human, I end up setting up camp and spending the next half hour waiting, moving back and forth on and off of a fire while my marine companion blows holes through everything that comes near. I'm well aware of the multitude of items that allow me to continue during night, powered environmental armor, night vision goggles and the like, but until I can find the proper pieces to construct such a device I think this would be a usefull thing to have. I wouldn't ask if I believed it to be impossible, but I know that the aliens, and now the scavengers have just such an ability but to slow down time. I've looked in the Notrium Modding Library thread and noticed that the very first entry is a toggleable bullet time effect of a sort, and thought perhaps there was some simple way to reverse that, that I was simply not aware of.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Now hold yourself, i found a boots which increase your speed to ultra high speed but drain ether!
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    haha i found those boots a loooong time ago. they came in handy too. only problem is that ether is used for more important things. i dont suggest using any weapons or items that drain ether until you get a powered ether generator. that way you can use it all on generated food XD.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    oh and the umm warp drill and werivar mods combination spoilers hasnt come out yet, we were mentioning about the original items in Notrium that was used in werivar
    #
    kopana 17 years ago
    Eh, never mind. I figured it out, there's only one parameter in the whole damned thing, I just had to set it to something like two instead. I think I'll copy it a few times and set up different timescales to use.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Aren't those ether boots out of the original Notrium?
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Ayep. I'm pretty sure of it.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    And I'm 100% sure they were in the original.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    lol the boots may be from the original (not sure bout the ether generator) but most people play werivar now since its soooo much better. so yeah ^_^
    #
    kopana 17 years ago
    Hey, this might not be the right place to ask, as I don't know if this is exclusive to this mod, but why is it that whenever my health gets really low, as in a point or two left, suddenly my food begins draining at an absurd rate? It's kind of annoying, as I can think of several situations where I escaped a really close call through some absurdity such as the detonation of a repair unit or some such, and ended up dying anyway because my food dropped 20 points a second and I starved the last few hitpoints away.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    well that was something added to the recent one. Its actually useful though but its hard to get out of it
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    soo... in my opinion i hate the warp gun haha doesnt do much damage to the things i need it for (dires) and it knocks me back way too far... then again it does come in handy as a quick escape route. just turn around and blast it a few times and anything following you will either be obliterated or so far away you'll be safe
    #
    Forum » The Werivar Expansion Mod.
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: