Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Driftmoon avatar mods?

Driftmoon avatar mods?

Yu 12 years ago
Hello!

I was wondering if there are any avatar mods out there, i.e. alternate appearances for the avatar (replacements for the <mod>/graphics/object/player folder), or, more generally, collections of npc graphics (that could then be used to overwrite the avatar folder). Maybe things like dragons, harpies...
#
ville 12 years ago
A simple texture replacement shouldn't be difficult if someone wants to do it. Just take a look at how the spider mod works.
#
Yu 12 years ago
Sure, in theory its simple. Just... Creating textures that actually LOOK good isn't something just everybody can do (i.e. without exercise). I tried it for `Aquaria' once. And then gave up, because it looked crappy.

So I was wondering, if there are already acceptable results
#
Anne 12 years ago
True, it's not perfectly easy making good looking textures. But don't be too hard on yourself! They don't have to be perfect. We've found photos quite useful: Take an interesting photo, and use that as a base to work from.

Naturally there's going to be some new npc graphics in the next versions of Driftmoon. And actually there should be at least two new ones that I can think of even in the next update to alpha 7.

But at the moment, you're free to use any of the existing textures as a base and modify them. Maybe that could help? And be sure to send us feedback or questions if you run into problems (the feedback button in the lower right corner of the game is quite handy!). We'll help if we can.

Edited 12 years ago
#
Endymion 12 years ago
Well I have some simple recolors.
object.zip
Includes player with grey skin and green hair, blue and black lizards, some sort of frogman based on goblin and "zombie" with old head and cyan bones.

I hope the pictures work for other people too...
#
Anne 12 years ago
Endymion said:
Well I have some simple recolors.
object.zip
Includes player with grey skin and green hair, blue and black lizards, some sort of frogman based on goblin and "zombie" with old head and cyan bones.

That's great, the modifications you linked look good, and very considerate of you to share them! The pics you posted didn't show for me at first, but after I'd copied the url and accessed the pics manually, they appeared here in the forum as well. Don't know if the timing was just a coincidence, but seemed weird enough. I vote for some dropbox-related problem.

Also, I just remembered, Ville bumbed into these top-down graphics some time earlier:
http://www.dundjinni.com/art/user_art.asp

They might possibly be of use to someone? Just remember to check the user licences. Even some of the npc graphics might be partly usable, if you were to deattach the different parts of a creature, work on them a little, and save them as separate files (you can model them after one of the characters already in Driftmoon).

#
Pete 12 years ago
I got bored.

Now everyone on Driftmoon has a tail.
(except Gorns. But no one likes Gorns.)

Im not entirely sure how I got from point A to point B, to be honest.

(Its a mod that you can download, by the way.)
#
Forum » Driftmoon avatar mods?

Your email:
Your name: