Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Weapons and stuff. What you like and don't like. (NEW MOD!)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Weapons and stuff. What you like and don't like. (NEW MOD!)

FREAK 17 years ago
    Ok me and wolfbreed are gonna try and make a mod.
    What we need is opinions on the current weapons and other things (enemies, items, areas, etc) from the current mods.
    You can tell us some original ideas too.
    We want to make a mod that has everything that the players want.
    If you want to help then your more then welcome to.

When your posting please tell us the name of the mod the thing is from and give us your thoughts about how it could be made better.
    If it is an original idea then try and give us some detail so we get it right if we make it.

Thanks for your help guys.
    -Freak and Wolfbreed-
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Well, I don't have a lot of ideas to help you with, but I'd like to say, don't try to please everyone. That might turn out to be very much impossible. As long as you have fun playing the mod yourself, it's good.

Anyway, good luck .
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    Well were not gonna add everything.
    Only the reasonable stuff.
    Me and Wolfbreed thought of a vehicle idea.
    An upgradeable vehicle that starts out as a little thingy and turn out in the end to be an awesome...
    Thats all the info you need.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Make sure that vehicle can have a trunk and a on-board computer(that allows you to do something funky with the vehicle, for example bring it to a pond and get heavy water from it).

Also, a trap of some sort would be nice. And glue-why there was no glue in Notrium?
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    The vehicle is pretty much gonna be your character in a way but of coarse you will be able to get out of the vehicle.
    The vehicle will have tons of features on it so it will be pretty fun.
    And your right!
    No glue!
    "Thinks fr a moment"
    Elmer's can be used as a sticky bomb!
    YAY!
    I'll keep that in mind...
    #
    patrickul87 17 years ago
    you could try to make turrets like robot reckege combined with repair unit
    make a rocket launcher uzi and enemys should be like some dinossours put a sleeping thingy weapon that you use and make as vehicle a dino urthings like that and make turrets that can be made with all wepons radiotor turret double shothgun turret ect.all the weapons
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    One word: Overpowered.

This seems like the first 2 people mod making game to me. That's good enough for me to support a mod

If you want lots of ideas, go to the Doom/Aleryon mod thread and search through what I typed.

And for some random stuff...

Motor oil, barrier, oil barrel, flames,...

Also having parts, weapons, and enhancements attachable to your vehicle.

Let's say your vehicle has 100 PP (Parts Points; need to find a better name). Armor augmentation for +3 HP costs 1 PP. Putting in dual machinegun would cost 40PP. You can not put more weapons than the max amount the vehicle can take. So lets say this limit is 3. You used up one of them and can only put 2 more. Engines, wheels, and such would also have a limit.

Now for the enhancements. These do not cost PP and permanently stays attached to your vehicle. This can either increase amount of PP, weapons max, more HP, whatever. You can, however, find more vehicles along your way and switch to other vehicles if needed. Such as you have a crappy passenger car and want to switch for a mighty tank. Enhancements are permanent so you need to choose the vehicle you're going to use for your killjoy ride, whatever that is.

For the vehicles you might as well as use...

Helicopter, hover vehicle thingie, plane, jet, and missile (?).
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    Go look in mod ideas thread
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    Alright I'll have a look.
    Turrets are definitely gonna be on the vehicle.
    They'll work like a regular turret accept attached to the vehicle.
    This mod isn't gonna be officially started until we get a plan of what exactly is gonna be done.
    We still need some more ideas and opinions.
    I think I'll get started tonight actually.
    I'll make an outline or something.

A note to patrickul87-The turrets are gonna be used but I'm not to sure about the dinosaur part. This isn't gonna be Jurassic park you know. But hey you never know! I could always add them as an enemy but their not gonna be the only type of enemy in the mod. Maybe I can have a time machine and you'll be like on a safari.

A note to Madgamer-Thank for the ideas. I just might add that to the list. The part points can act like experience points.
    I think thats a great idea. I think what your trying to say is that there is a weight limit for your vehicle and it can only carry so much or it only has space for so many things. I can make it just like the character where he can only carry so much. And I can have the slots open for the turrets kinda like in the inventory slots on the right of the list of items you have.

A note to harwe-I think I already have an idea on what the mod is gonna be like. A vehicle that goes around killing every thing in sight. But I'll have a look anyways. I'm trying to make a mod that hasn't been done before so I'll check there just in case.
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    well i got this idea from the game Prey so bear with me, when you die your spirit goes to a diferent realem, in this realem the spirit fights demons or whatever for another chance, if he defeats all he goes back to the spot where he died. Like a second life, but each time he dies there are more tougher enimes.

and mabey you can get this abilaty where you can go invisible for a short time, sneak up on enimies.................and stab em' reaper style!
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "notrium_fanboy" said:
    well i got this idea from the game Prey so bear with me, when you die your spirit goes to a diferent realem, in this realem the spirit fights demons or whatever for another chance, if he defeats all he goes back to the spot where he died. Like a second life, but each time he dies there are more tougher enimes.
    That sounds like a tricky thing to do.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Nope. All you have to do is refill the health bar and teleport the player. 'Cept you switch the teleporting script with the real "Die at zero health" script.
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    That is possible...
    However it might get to a point where there is no possible way to get back because it is just to tough.
    I'll keep that in mind though.
    We have began are mod development already btw.
    It is just in its planning phase right now but we got some basic stuff being worked on right now.

May I repeat-Anyone with modding skills is welcome to help us out.
    Thanx!
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "notrium_fanboy" said:

and mabey you can get this abilaty where you can go invisible for a short time, sneak up on enimies.................and stab em' reaper style!

Dont you DARE to do that. Games are about procceding, them dying, them trying again. Prey sucked because it eliminated all need for saving. It was practicaly impossible to die.
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    true thats the downfall of the game, thats why we have to change the idea a bit so you do die eventualy, like how i said to make the enimeis increasingly deficult or less time to defete them or it will be plain boring, id say you would have 3 to 5 deaths before the enimies become insanely dificult. so think this idea to be more like lives than eternal life.

"FREAK" said:

May I repeat-Anyone with modding skills is welcome to help us out.
    Thanx!

i dont have modding skills but i got a chok full of ideas and im pretty good at desiogning
    maps
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    A note to notrium_fanboy-Well I think thats good that you have tons of ideas and that you have map making skills. When we get done making all the necessary stuff then you can help us out then. Or if you manage to learn how to script then you can start helping us right now!

A note to madgamer-I forgot to mention something. In your first post you said something about supporting our mod. Are you saying that you want to join us in making the mod?

-Thanx-
    Freak and Wolfbreed
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    Hi, I like the ideas so far but i have a few questions;
    Have you a storyline?
    How are you planning to 'win' in your mod?
    Are you planning different races?

Ideas:
    Shops
    +(Money, Credit, Currency)
    Food
    +(Water or similar?)
    Mountable Stationary Cannon (I've seen this done)
    Some item which when used (Takes tons of energy [or equivalent] when used) and creates multiple (short-lived) replicas [like the Psionic Decoy]

Hope you like the ideas but feel free to reject them, this is your Mod not mine
    Good Luck
    #
    wolfbreed 17 years ago
    Sup all im wolfbreed for all that dont know me

ya me and freak are begining this mod and do have basics down

i'm glad yall have such ideas

anyway keep up the thinking
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    note to FREAK: thank you freak i do want to start modding somehow even if its starting small.

i need to know what your mod is about for some ideas.

ideas for wepons:

combat knife,
    flash bang,
    grenade.

ideas for gameplay:

depending on what your mod is about you could have a sort of choose your own adventure, let me expalin. in games like ''star wars, knights of the old republic'' and ''dues ex invisible war'' you choose wat you want to say towards a diffrerent person eg negative responce or positive responce, which decides whos side your on, who is on your side and a different ending.
    though this might be hard.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    @ Freak: I don't think I mentioned any of that. The only thing I said was to help you with ideas, not code (which I have very little of anyways...).
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Hmmmm, i think it will need more characters too. What about android who is like vehicle?
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    or mabey a charecter dedicated to a member of these forums
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    A note to Tom Paris-Well no real storyline yet but I think I have an idea. Well here is what the intro might be like.

-You have been fighting of hordes of enemies for about 4 hours now. Many of your allies have been killed by the invasion. A few managed to survive but they have fled to a safer place away from the enemies. What cowards you say to yourself. You see some enemies approaching. You pick up your machine gun and start blasting away at them. You fire about 30 shots but you have reload again. You quickly take out some more ammo and try to load your gun. Its to late now. They are closing in! Quickly you search around for a safe place to escape the onslaught. You spot a vehicle not to far from you. You get up and start running over as quickly as you can...

Well thats a little idea of what the game is about. Total war!

Well here is some more things that may have been mentioned before but I'll say them again.

-Some kind of shop to buy and upgrade your vehicle.
    -Turrets that can be mounted and dismounted on onto your vehicle.
    -Plenty of weapons and turret types.
    -Player can gain experience and level up, unlocking new skills.

I am not sure if there will be more then one playable character race. If we have one character race then that character race will have tons of skills. In the future we can add more character races but for now we are gonna stick with one.

One question though. What exactly do you mean by Winning in our mod?
    Do you mean to beat it by killing some big enemy or completing an objective?

A note to madgamer-Well thats good enough to help. We need all the help we need to make this mod successful.

A note to J.C-I do too. This is my first mod I make for notrium so I probably have as much experience as you.

About the dedicated character. We will probably add some easter eggs like a secret area or item. We might add a secret character too! Not saying anything more.

A note to Nuklearni-okurka-Well like I said before, we are sticking with one character race for now. We can add more races later on.

THANX FOR THE POSTS!
    -Freak and Wolfbreed-
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    well i got some ideas for storyline;

(journal entrie) Killing is all I know in life, I had a sudden amesia well befour the war, well thats what the hospital told me. since then the only place I had was the milatery, there are no records of me or my parents. All ive been taught is to kill and survive.
    Is this my life? just taught to kill?
    Who am i kidding, I am a coward. I ran when I should have fought.
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    A note to J.C-I copied and pasted that journal entry into our list of things. Look forward to seeing it in the game!
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    "FREAK" said:

One question though. What exactly do you mean by Winning in our mod?
    Do you mean to beat it by killing some big enemy or completing an objective?

Yes, Victory Conditions

Some more ideas (if you want them):
    A teleport pad (Multiple Destinations)

Some Names for weapons; Plasma Rifle, Quantum Disintegrator, Photon Pulse Launcher, Neutrino-Ion Laser & Kinetic Bolt Accelerator

A personal cloaking device

Kinetic Armour

Genetic Enhancement or Drugs? (Very Tricky, you might just want to avoid but they cost a LOT, adjust traits like HP, Food Consumption, Temp. (If Applicable), Physical Armour, Speed, Strength, etc.)

Ability to PURCHASE (Only purchase, perhaps only one per weapon) a piece of technology that, when combined with specified weapon, upgrades that weapon. Would be very interesting if there was a small weapon available at the very beginning that could end up very powerful near the end…

Are you planning some psionic abilities?, psionic amplifiers would be interesting

Again, don't take any ideas that you don't like, it's your mod
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    I could just copy all of your post to our list because those are all great ideas!
    Thanx!
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    [OT]Hey FREAK, just wondering if you got that PM I sent you?[/OT]
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    Yep you get mine?
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    okay this idea is for storyline which will affect gameplay;

there are 2 possibilaties for an alien invasion
    # one is that they are simple killing machines that crashed on earth on a meteorite
    # two is that they are an advanced alien species that are attacking earth that have, spaceships and advanced bio tech wepons.

resons for attacking earth could be:

they are escaping a dying planet
    thay are harvesting food
    or unkown resons
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Or trying to dig up a ancient ship of theirs that contains a super bomb that will blow up the earth if they wont stop it, and this gets revealed near the end of the mod, thus player gets to change sides?
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    A note to J.C-Well right now we are just trying to get every basic thing we need done like the vehicle.
    We have decided FOR NOW that the story is gonna be like my intro.
    When we get to the point where the character gets into the vehicle and escapes, then it will begin to find out the reason why war is going on amongst the two races.
    For the advanced aliens, well I guess you'll have to wait and see what is gonna be in the game.

A note to Pete-Well I think it has already been revealed.
    Lol.
    Well the story will be written as we make the mod.
    Things that the character finds or goes through will be recorded in the journal.
    If I give away the story then everything that the player finds won't be very surprising if I tell you people anything else.
    Giving ideas for the story is good but I am not going to tell you if we are going to use them or not.
    I'm not gonna ruin any surprises.
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    Well i just noticed that you said to mention things we don't like, i'm not going to say DON'T put these things in (That's up to you):

Evolution or Experience Bars are Okay but 'free' evo or exp is a bad thing, ability should be proportional to experience, i.e. you only get exp by killing things or [idea]*obtaining objectives?*[/idea]

'Good' Ideas:

A sort of item/laptop that allows you to interact with various 'computers' in the game world, could be interesting

Energy Weapons have a sort of 'clip/battery pack' instead of or otherwise draining your main energy bar or perhaps the option to?
    #
    FREAK 17 years ago
    A note to the guy who commented before me-Those are great ideas!
    IDK about the computer thing.
    That might be a little crazy.
    Hey wanna join in making the mod?
    (this goes for everyone!)
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    Thanks for the offer, really, but I'm afraid i'm still at school and don't have a lot of free time at the moment but i can continue to contribute ideas/explain them though and wish you the very best of luck

I wasn't too hot about the computer thing either, i would just like the idea of being better able to interact with the 'game-world'
    #
    Forum » Weapons and stuff. What you like and don't like. (NEW MOD!)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: