Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium Help

Notrium Help

Guest (guest) 12 years ago
Hey, just got here from Jeff Vogel's blog mentioning Driftmoon. Looks like a pretty cool game, wanted to check out some of the older games in the meantime.

Specifically Notrium, can anyone explain to be how to

1) Use firewood? Every time I try to use it on the main map I end up dropping it.

2) Saving? Can't figure this out for the life of me lol Every time I click it won't let me save it, just rename the save.
#
Amarth 12 years ago
You use firewood from the inventory, I guess it's the 'U' key while you're hovering over it in the inventory screen?

Saving probably doesn't work because the game tries to write the saves somewhere in the Program Files directory which is protected under newer versions of Windows. You can either copy the installation files to a writable location (under Documents or Desktop or something), or you can run the game as Administrator I guess.

Ville: you might want to take a look at this, it seems to come up very often.
#
ville 12 years ago
You're right. When I have time...
#
Venom31 12 years ago
The best way is probably not to install your games to the system core drive. That's it.
...sorry for being such a douchebag...
#
MageKing17 12 years ago
Venom31 said:
The best way is probably not to install your games to the system core drive. That's it.
Actually, any Program Files folder, regardless of whether or not it's on your boot drive, will cause UAC shenanigans. What you ought to do is install your games to a /Games/ folder and your various other utilities and whatnot to an /Applications/ or /Utilities/ folder or something along the lines. I mean, unless you know it works with Windows 7, of course.
#
Venom31 12 years ago
I mean, unless Windows 7 works with you, of course. Silly UAC.
#
Forum » Notrium Help

Your email:
Your name: