Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 3 - Return of the Angel
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 3 - Return of the Angel

Pete 17 years ago
    So you say we should take blind shots and hope we hit? Riiight.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Well, it worked last time.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("No, it didn't.");
    __END__
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    @Shingo:

I understand your reasoning in suggesting that I'm a human, however:
    If I were human, why would I explain my logic in voting for the least-popular sysop candidate? It would be more efficient to have every human vote for one of there own.

I know, not lynching sounds like a bad idea, but at this point, when there is no real evidence as to who is who, it is difficult to come up with a reasonable conclusion. After I see who is removed by humans next, I should have a better idea of who to lynch.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    I understand your reasoning in suggesting that I'm a human, however:
    If I were human, why would I explain my logic in voting for the least-popular sysop candidate? It would be more efficient to have every human vote for one of there own.
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("Ergo, if Shingo were not human and Anarion were, it would make more sense for you to vote for Anarion, would it not?");
    __END__

"Vacuus" said:
    I know, not lynching sounds like a bad idea, but at this point, when there is no real evidence as to who is who, it is difficult to come up with a reasonable conclusion. After I see who is removed by humans next, I should have a better idea of who to lynch.
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("Correction: Not lynching only sounds like a bad idea to a non-human. :P");
    __END__
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    Well, I'm not one wanting to vote off a fellow user, which is, as far as I can see, most likely at this point in time.

After we discover who is removed in the night, then it we should be able to determine, who is human, or atleast narrow it down.

I do not want to be carelessly voting of users, saving the humans the effort. Indeed, this might just happen.

As for the Shingo/Anarion debate. Look at the tallies on the last page. Shingo, it seems has more votes which may be due to the opinion on some from the previous game, however, it could also be because humans voted for him (Thus, making Shingo human), and other did so on top of that to prevent Anarion from gaining office.

Thus, if I die in the night, it should become obvious that Shingo/his supporters are human...
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    They all can't be. If there'd be 6 humans, we'd be dead by now.

And how can you be sure to get everyone to abstain? Someone could just post one vote and lynch someone, and that'd be it. Anyway, if you don't have any idea on who to vote now, after Idiota is dead, why would you have any later, after someone else is? It only confirms that the killed one is not a Human.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    Vacuus, in saying all that you've said, you're just making yourself a bigger target for the "Hunams"...

And Amarth, in all honesty, I think your logic for not making voting public is retarded. But I'm not hosting, so I'll keep my fat mouth shut.

"The Gemini" said:
    "Pete" said:
    So you say we should take blind shots and hope we hit? Riiight.
    Well, it worked last time.
    What do you mean? Last time, Idiota and I kicked your asses around the block. The only "blind shot" that worked was in trusting Nuklearni-okurka who I manipulated into posting about Grim's wolfyness (Idiota's idea). Which you refused to do, if I recall.

So, uhh, who to vote for? Maybe I'll go el random vote like in the first game...
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    I'm not saying there's six humans, just that I think, atleast some of them, are.

I realise that I'm making myself a bigger target - infact, I am counting on being able to draw atleast one human out.

The thing is though, why would the humans vote for me, unless they suspected me of being the seer (which I am not, by the way), or Shingo himself is human?

Truly, if I do get killed in the night, it does, atleast to me, reason that I was getting 'close to the source', unless they suspect me of being the seer, at which point I can only hope the angel intervenes.

Indeed, not voting this time may make things worse, however I can't truly decide who to vote for.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    I realise that I'm making myself a bigger target - infact, I am counting on being able to draw atleast one human out.
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("The problem is, there are a million and one reasons for the humans to kill you, and only a couple of them are because Shingo is a human and doesn't like you talking bad about him. Even more likely is humans seeing you being suspicious of Shingo and killing you to make everyone else suspicious of Shingo. Or perhaps they just don't like how your logic sounds like it could discover them, so they kill you and get suspicion cast on Shingo as an added bonus. There are many possibilities.");
    __END__

"Vacuus" said:
    The thing is though, why would the humans vote for me, unless they suspected me of being the seer (which I am not, by the way), or Shingo himself is human?
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("Many reasons, as said above. Why wouldn't they vote for a user? They certainly wouldn't want to vote for one of their own, after all, and one user is as good as the next as long as they don't know their roles.");
    __END__

"Vacuus" said:
    Truly, if I do get killed in the night, it does, atleast to me, reason that I was getting 'close to the source', unless they suspect me of being the seer, at which point I can only hope the angel intervenes.
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("Or it says the humans decided to get rid of a potential threat while creating doubt among the users. Or you could be a human, and the bit about the angel is designed to distract his limited usefulness away from being used on a user. As you yourself said, there is far too much unknown here.");
    __END__
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    Hang on now...

You just claimed that if you die tonight, that means I'm a human, right?

Ergo, the humans can then say to themselves.... "Hey, let's get rid of two birds with one stone by killing Vacuus and then manipulating the masses into lynching Shingo." Alternatively, they could kill me to get you lynched.

What I'm saying, is that those "if-then" statements don't work for such large generalizations. I only considered that you were a possible human due to my suspicions that a normal user would understand the importance of attempting to lynch a human.

Furthermore, if I'm convinced you're a human of course I'm going to vote for you, seeing as I've already let it be known I'm suspicious of you. How, then, would me voting to lynch you prove me to be a human?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Me("gets confused.")
    Echo("Oh well, 2 days left, make your decisions now.")
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    Personally, the way both of you are ranting on and on leads me to believe that either you're both innocent, or that one of you is a very thorough baddie when it comes to "OMG IM INOCENT!!111" speeches.

Anywayz, with a "z", I'ma abstain. At least for now.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Zephyr" said:
    Personally, the way both of you are ranting on and on leads me to believe that either you're both innocent, or that one of you is a very thorough baddie when it comes to "OMG IM INOCENT!!111" speeches.

Anywayz, with a "z", I'ma abstain. At least for now.
    Echo(You could make a dice roll :P)
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    alert("IIRC that went terribly last time.");
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1337" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    alert("IIRC that went terribly last time.");
    I agree. If I recall, Idiota and I took advantage of the randomness to try and get rid of Anarion and Murska, and Murska in the end got lynched... I can't remember why we needed to get rid of them, though...
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Yeah. Nobody needed to get rid of me.

EDIT: BTW, only couple hours untill noon GMT. Only 33 minutes untill noon here.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    The man waits while the distributed systems around him creak. His thoughts speed along, as fast as the thoughts of the machines. What will it do? He knows it'll do something, but will it do the right thing? Will the AIs be able to handle such a situation? Ah, the output...
    *Decision 1/2: sysop
    Estimation dumps:
    _Abstain: 1 - Nodes: Nuk
    Anarion: 4 - Nodes: Anarion, Gemini, Vacuus, Zephyr
    Shingo: 7 - Nodes: E_net4, Fnukk, Grim, MageKing, Murska, Pete, Shingo

Shingo selected, executing...

$ useradd -G sysop Shingo

Shingo added to group 'sysop'.
    Group now contains maximum amount of users (1/1).

*Decision 2/2: removal
    Estimation dumps:
    _Abstain: 4 - Nodes: Anarion, Pete, Vacuus, Zephyr
    Anarion: 2 - Nodes: Fnukk, Murska
    Gemini: 4 - Nodes: E_net4, Grim, MageKing, Shingo
    Grim: 1 - Nodes: Nuk
    Vacuus: 1 - Nodes: Gemini

Gemini selected, executing...

$ rm Gemini

Warning: removing [HUMAN] node.
    Checking prerequisites...OK
    Checking privileges [MAJORITY]...OK
    Gemini deleted.

The man smiles. He starts typing.
    "Sorry, Gemini. You are now in observation mode, and I'm sure you are impressed by the perfect analysis of our good friends the AIs. Well, the play is not over. As you see, a minor attack against the system would not last for long. However, how will the system react under continued pressure? Let me show you..."

First Human has been erased. How many more are there?

But first, he/they get a chance for vengeance. Human(s), PM me who you want to see dead. Further night actions: Screener, PM me someone to screen. Firewall, I already have your choice for this night, so that's okay.

I really, really want to ask of everyone to wait with ALL discussion until next day. Thank you. However, if something is wrong (a wrong vote or whatever), DO tell me. 12 players has to be about the limit of what I can handle. Honestly, I was surprised I found out that Gemini was Human in my notes .

The day is planned for Monday, either around noon or somewhere in the evening, depends on when I can get at my computer (read: wake up).
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    You cleaned it, Idiota? Thanks

HUMANS! Where are you? I give you one last day, otherwise it's no kill. You're lucky I almost forgot it myself.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Phase 2
    The keyboard rattles, the screen flashes. Discussion on what AI they are going to remove. They reach a conclusion. The man punches in the command
    $ rm Anarion

! VIRUS found on inspection !
    You might want to contact your local sysop about this.

Removing [VIRUS] node.
    Checking prerequisites...OK
    Checking privileges [HUMAN]...OK
    Anarion deleted.
    "Well, look at that. A virus node. How did that get in there? Anyway. Let's see what they do now."
    A bit later than planned, but hey. Anarion was the Virus (Crazy War Veteran). Too bad he got killed by the Humans, and not in a public deletion, so he had no opportunity to inject his evil code in another program.

Let's try to remain on schedule and end the day on Saturday evening.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    $abort.command(sleep)
    command abort sucesfull
    running command life check
    command procedures are running... reaching conclusion
    $run.animation(14, 3)
    loaded, running

"I am still alive!"

WARNING reaching critical levels in emotion simulation buffer
    emotion described by emoticon.8
    Anylysing possible responses...
    response found
    $say(by.Pete, "Sorry, coudnt resist 'emoticon.15'")

Sorry, coudnt resist
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Echo("XD" + chr(10) + "It seems that Anarion is off, we have lost 2 special programs... And that is not fun!")
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    $run(situationanalyser.exe)
    Situation... mediocre
    $say(by.Pete, "Its not that bad when you think of it. I mean, if the humans would not delete the Recycler, he would become a human. And as for our virus here, with our luck he would probably decide to infect a user. And we still got two most important programs, the firewall and the screener. It could have went much worse.")

Its not that bad when you think of it. I mean, if the humans would not delete the Recycler, he would become a human. And as for our virus here, with our luck he would probably decide to infect a user. And we still got the two most important programs, the firewall and the screener. It could have went much worse.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    $ perl
    MSDOS.echo("Indeed, the situation could be much worse. The question is, however, who else is a Human? Is it Vacuus, who has definitely been acting suspiciously, though that doesn't guarantee he is human? Is it Zephyr, Pete, or Fnukk, who also abstained from voting? Zephyr has also acted suspiciously, though again this does not guarantee that he is human.

Thinking back to Vacuus, Gemini (the only known human) voted to delete Vacuus. Would a human vote to delete a human? Well, yes, actually, if it was an attempt to throw us off. But why, then, would the other humans abstain from voting? Well, again, to throw us off... if some vote and some abstain, there's not a cohesive link. Ah, but what else do they have in common?

They all (by they I'm referring to Gemini, Vacuus, and Zephyr, not Fnukk or Pete) voted for Anarion. This, to me, would have suggested that Anarion was human... except he was killed, and was not a human. Perhaps the humans had been in contact with him and tricked him into revealing his nature? Then, knowing that Shingo was not one of them, but knowing that if Anarion was deleted he could, before this happened, upload the virus into another user, killing two birds with one stone? Thus if he was elected sysop, we may have deleted him on the very suspicions I suggested above! Fnukk and Murska both voted for Anarion, and perhaps for some of these very reasons. That doesn't make them humans, that makes them cautious.

By why avoid voting for deletion? Wouldn't piling their votes on a user make their jobs easier? Ah, but consider. If their votes were all revealed to be on the same person, a person who turned out to be innocent, would that not cast suspicion upon them?

And another thing. Should we also suspect Anarion and Pete of being humans for abstaining? Should we suspect Fnukk for not voting Shingo? No, I say. Without knowing who or what to vote for, it makes sense to abstain at the very start of the game. With so little information, it also makes sense to vote for sysop or deletion almost at random.

Which leads me to my final point. There are a hundred and one reasons the humans could have had for doing just about anything... and while these reasons all lead to certain actions, normal users could perform those same actions for other reasons. However, certain combinations of activities do point to someone being a human. Thus do I declare my intention to delete Vacuus, due to his highly suspicious activities!");
    MSDOS.vote( deletion => 'Vacuus' );
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    Now, when and where have my activities been suspicous? I gave a reason why I chose to vote Anarion Sysop, and my logic prooved sound, atleast in showing Anarion was not human.

You yourself said abstaining at the start of is not a bad idea, when so little is known, as I explained in a previous post.

I do however, admit that my accusations against Shingo are false (which, at the time, I started due to his surprising attack on me), as I have provided him with (false) knowledge at several intervals pointing to who is the seer, but the person is still in game, and I trust them to be a user.

Indeed, unless you can point out an obvious flaw in my actions, I may go as far as to suggest you for lynching, making such a long discussion, and yet having your lynch vote only mentioned in the first few paragraphs, the rest spent defending several other users who voted for Anarion, possibly under the same logc as myself, and you still seem to hold in the highest regard.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Zephyr has also acted suspiciously
    Killage of your nerdy code aside, how have I acted suspiciously? I thought I was teh secks!
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Thinking back to Vacuus, Gemini (the only known human) voted to delete Vacuus. Would a human vote to delete a human? Well, yes, actually, if it was an attempt to throw us off.

Uhh. Gemini surely did not know he'd be killed, as nobody accused him of anything, so what use would it have been to vote against another human? I mean, we wouldn't have known he's a human, so we wouldn't have drawn the logical conclusion that Vacuus is not. Indeed, I wonder how 4 people collaborated into killing Gemini with no public discussion. PMs going around?
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    Vacuus, you claimed to me that you were the seer, which you retracted about 2 seconds after you made said ludicrous claim. You later claimed to be the angel, and I know for a fact that you aren't the angel. That gives us two lies from you in the space of 24 hours. To me, that seems grounds for suspicion. (I might have chat logs if anyone's interested)

Now I can see why you'd want to be cautious, or even a tad sneaky if you actually "were" the seer. But since I'm willing to bet all my worldy possessions that you are not the seer, and as such have no possible reason that I can discern for lying in that way except for the possibility that you are a human, I'm also going to vote to lynch you.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Shingo" said:
    (I might have chat logs if anyone's interested)

All data is good data Post em.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Echo("Shingo has been suspecting Vacuus and he has some great reasons for such." + chr(10) + "I'll take that as a vote to lynch Vacuus.")
    Voteforlynch("Vacuus")
    #
    Pete 17 years ago

interpreting input...

$say(by.Pete, "Ok, maybe Im easily influenced, but I might as well go with everybody else. I just hope youre not wrong...")
    $vote(delete, Vacuus)

Ok, maybe Im easily influenced, but I might as well go with everybody else. I just hope youre not wrong...

Voted for deleting Vacuus.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Ok, maybe Im easily influenced, but I might as well go with everybody else. I just hope youre not wrong...

Voted for deleting Vacuus.
    $ perl
    MSDOS.emote("surprise");
    MSDOS.echo("While I appreciate the support, that's a terrible reason to vote for somebody. You should at least give it thorough thought before casting your vote.");
    __END__
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    $say(by.Pete, "Do you really think that I didnt thought about it? Because I did, and I also found Vacuus a bit too suspicious. Your argument just finished the process.")

Do you really think that I didnt thought about it? Because I did, and I also found Vacuus a bit too suspicious. Your argument just finished the process.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    About 10 hours left, and I have half of the votes. I haven't even heard from Grim yet. Hello?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    $ echo("Sorry, been a bit fixated on playing certain games.\n\nNow then, my suspicions lie on Murska and Fnukk, mostly because they voted on Anarion, who got killed the next night. Because of this, I place my vote on Fnukk.")
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 3 - Return of the Angel
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: