E_net4 17 years ago
    Ten...
    I hope ther'll be some more.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    I'll join.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Any discussions about the next game? Things that need changing, new roles, new rules, themes, ...?
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Perhaps a more urban/modern setting. Tired of science fiction.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    VICTORIAN STUFF!!!

THE ERA OF STEAMPUNK IS AT HAND!!!

Oh, and doomsday cult. With an additional mongoose.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Dude, we've allready got the steampunk reincarnation of AETAS. Can't we try out an entirely new setting? The modern day is rarely used in RP, so I am interested in how it would work.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Stone age?

Yay for neadretals! (hopes I spelled it right)
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Ofc i will join!

And i think good theme would be: Medieval.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    And i think good theme would be: Medieval.
    We already had that in the FIRST WW...
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Stone age?
    Yay for neanderthals! (hopes I spelled it right)
    You didn't
    I suggest something futuristic.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    If it must be futuristic, then let it be an alternate future thingamabug!

Or perhaps post apocalyptic.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    On Notrium?

#
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I totally disliked this round's setting. How about making it lean more towards fantasy? Imagine the players as magicians, channeling a shield, to protect their newly located mana chrystal against the eruption of a vulcano next to the city. Among the players are, ofcourse, the wolves. They're greedy bastards who want the mana chrystal for themselves. They can cut off one of the other magicians from their source of magic while they are focusing to hold the shield against an intensified barrage of rubble and heat, making him vaporize in the pure essence of the chrystal This won't break the shield, for even one man could hold it with the chrystal near. In relatively quiet periods in between the barrages, the other magicians can cut off one of themselves from the source of magic, hopefully getting the correct persons.

Their is ofcourse one stronger magician, who can shield one of the other magicians even while concentrating so badly. There's also a spirit locked inside the chrystal, taking the form of the first to die. And... am I missing something?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    How 'bout spicing the thing up a bit with some Terry Pratchett-esque or Douglas Adams-esque humor?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    And by the way, "Crystal" happens to be the correct form.

I don't know, fantasy is... well, fantasy.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    My vote (as I have stated several times) is for Vampires vs Lycans (Werewolves). I mean, come on! Whats not to like about that?
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    How about an Angels & Demons setting?
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    What about vampires runing from villagers?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    What about vampires runing from villagers?
    I would think it to be easier for vampires to disguise themselves as villagers, BUT that would certainly be a tad interesting... If for nothing else, then at least fer the backstory.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    If we had vampires as villagers it would be logical for their victims to rise again as vampires... >.> And if they did that, the humans be El Screwed. However we needn't follow /that/ particular vampire mythology, etc, and just have our victims be dead-dead. I'm just thinking that vampires are rather a bland replacement for werewolves, assuming our villagers are just normal villagers it doesn't add a whole lot of "spice" to the story. Not saying I don't like the vampires thing... However, after some thought on the issue I'm going to change my previous suggestion. I'm infatuated with the idea of a Werewolf and Vampire setting. But, I also think that Idiota's idea has some genuine potential.

I therefore will make a thread with a poll listing the major ideas, and hopefully after we have decided upon a setting (assuming Amarth is okay with such a thing?) We can then discuss it and create an appropriate backstory to add some interest into the game.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Well, we had normal middle ages stuff, modern sorta and then this compy stuff. The logical next step is post apocalyptic, with mutants/citizens and stuff.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Start Friday? That'll put us more or less on the normal schedule immediately, and thus no week-and-a-half first day.

Also, how about the voting system? Do we all agree on the vote-by-PM-if-you-wish method we used until now or is that discussion still not closed?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Also, how about the voting system? Do we all agree on the vote-by-PM-if-you-wish method we used until now or is that discussion still not closed?
    ...there was a discussion?

And I for one DEMAND there to be the two voting things (i.e. public and private, where private will only be announced at the end of the day).
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Start Friday? That'll put us more or less on the normal schedule immediately, and thus no week-and-a-half first day.

Friday is good. Now I have a whole week to be sick first. Of course, that week is a holiday... I'm so lucky.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    I have registered (in random order): Murska, Shingo, Nuk, Grim, Anarion, E_net4, Pete, Gemini, Vacuus, MK, Idiota.

The roles are generated. I will be sending them out ASAP, but it might take me some time to get the thread opened and the text written. Reason is that I have class now and after that I leave for a weekend without internet. I'll try to get the story done before I leave, but I don't promise anything. Anyway, even if I leave, you non-villagers will be able to play.

[EDIT]The messages are send out. Sorry for the lack of fluff text, I have a severe lack of time. I'll be gone till sunday evening, so I hope everything is clear, if not, PM me but don't freak out if I don't answer before sunday evening (That's sunday evening CET).

The Villager message is like this:
    "I" said:
    You are a villager. At night, you sleep, at day, you can vote for others to get lynched. Your mission is to survive and take out the wolves.

Morning will be around Monday noon, or sooner if everyone finishes before that.

[EDIT EDIT] Oh, yeah, I'll start another thread in case you're wondering. It's just kind of stupid to start a thread with messages saying that I can't make a message due to lack of time .
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    So "Werewolf 4" thread will be done soon?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Hopefully.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Yay, new Werewolf game. As I think we've all noticed by now, IRC Werewolf does NOT give you enough time for long-term strategy.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 3 - Return of the Angel
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: