Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Music Preferences
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Music Preferences

E_net4 17 years ago
    All music preferences have been fighting each other. And so I would like to know yours.
    Start voting.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    There is none ingame mucis choice.

Seriously, I mean, I even have the Deus Ex menu title song in my mobile phone, and it wastes half of its 12 MB capacity!
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Well, that's why I added the "None of the above" option.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Exactly, Pete, he was too lazy to add it.

As for my muzac prefs, I say game musics (both in-game ones and remixes of the in-game ones), some o' 'dem movie soundtrack music things, and, of course, rock.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Rock. Nothing is better than rock. Within rock, I espesially like grunge, garageband and music that activates the special human instinct called "mosh". I don't like indie rock though.

And I don't think gaming music deserves a place on that poll. It is not a seperate part of music.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    ...come on, it does!

...and what is that "mosh"?
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    The chaos infront of the stage during rock/metal consert.
    #
    Lord Windgrace 17 years ago
    I hear (nearly) everything if i´m in the right mood
    So i cannot take any of youre presented options
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Lord Windgrace" said:
    I hear (nearly) everything if i´m in the right mood
    So i cannot take any of youre presented options
    Not even the "No preference" option? Weird.
    #
    no, because i have preferences, but they change as i wake up, go to school, come back from school aso,, so no, i can´t take that option
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Lord Windgrace" said:
    no, because i have preferences, but they change as i wake up, go to school, come back from school aso,, so no, i can´t take that option
    Then your choise would be "none of the above".
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Yep, that's logical
    #
    Barebones 17 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    Rock. Nothing is better than rock. Within rock, I espesially like grunge, garageband and music that activates the special human instinct called "mosh". I don't like indie rock though.

And I don't think gaming music deserves a place on that poll. It is not a seperate part of music.

Dude, you should have voted Metal then.

Btw, heavy metal is a very specific genre within Metal. I believe that the poll should be changed to reflect that, considering all other options are broad generalizations.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Your poll options suck. I choose "none of the above," and refuse to tell you, just to spite your sucky poll!

(Game Soundtrack is, in fact, a genre)
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    We already have a music thread, methinks. We even have a non-up-to-date "What are you listening to right now" thread.

With that stated, I like trance, techno, electronica, etc. And, to wrap it all up, I've just ripped a couple of my mom's CDs.

... Don't ask.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Rock. Although there are one or two heavy metal groups I don't mind. Some of my favorite bands are:

Pearl Jam
    Blink 182
    Karnivool
    Creed
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    "Barebones" said:
    "The Gemini" said:

Dude, you should have voted Metal then.
    No, since it is not only metal that "produces" mosh. Moshing is also used in rock, even for indie rock.

Also, neither grunge and garageband are metal.

Oh, no offence. It's just that I despite metal.

"Anarion" said:
    Blink 182

HERETIC!!!!!
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Ok Ok, now stop it.
    First, MageKing, what you said wasn't nice.
    Anonymous, I know there might be another topic about it, but I wanted to "rebirth" the poll, now that we have some different members.
    0 like Pop.
    Pop = 0 xD
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Pop = Crap. It's the most commercial thing ever.
    #
    i already choose, none of them above, but i must say that this Poll should be redone, more specific, and for me: All of them (on different times, except of...)

What also lacks is: Classical Music..
    echno (thats what i for instance do not hear)
    Game Music

Aso
    Sorry, to Lazy to write the others^^ Have to do homework
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Lord Windgrace" said:
    i already choose, none of them above, but i must say that this Poll should be redone, more specific, and for me: All of them (on different times, except of...)

Game Music

Aso
    Don't ya mean Techno?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Lord Windgrace" said:

Game Music

Aso
    Don't ya mean Techno?
    He does mean Techno...
    Now if it would be possible to change the poll right now...
    But it's not. Am I allowed to recreate the topic?
    #
    yes sry i wanted to write !T!echno and i failed....
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    0 like Pop.
    You didn't actually expect anyone to vote for that one did you?
    #
    LunaticNeko 17 years ago
    No true preference, but I seem to listen to rock more than others.

For Pop music, it's really 'pop' here... teenagers go to concert every time there is one. But I prefer staying here, hate the commercial CDs and fake artists lip-synching everywhere.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I used to favor metal above other sorts of rock. But from metal I started liking guitars with female vocals. (Mostly because of Nightwish) Then I started listening to certain bands not categorised as metal. (Think of Within Temptation and Lacuna Coil) And now I just like all rock.

I'm also a big fan of electronic music, but I really like most sorts of music.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    You know soft Latin classical music wouldn't go well with hard metal band >.>

...Anywho, I like techno, rock, and game musics (duh). I favor game musics above all others just because mostly they're random and usually have a little bit of everything and has one major part of what-would-I-know playing in the background. Also I don't have to listen to those annoying lyrics that are most of the time really hard to get. Kind of replaces talks with notes mehears.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    Music? WTF? Never heard of it.....

Seriously, I just don't bother. Very little gets pumped into my ears, and therefore not much gets passed it
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:

Seriously, I just don't bother. Very little gets pumped into my ears, and therefore not much gets passed it
    Well I suppose that means by the time we're all in our 60's you'll have the best hearing out of all of us.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "Vacuus" said:
    Well I suppose that means by the time we're all in our 60's you'll have the best hearing out of all of us.
    It might not be that way, but yes, that's a factor to hearing.

I repeat the last question: Am I allowed to recreate this topic?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    No.

Just go ask a m0d3r4t0r to change the poll.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    Yeah, this poll sucks. I'd probably go "All of the Above", but it's not there. I like heaps of different song ranging over heaps of different genre's...

Like, for polar opposites, I like a few 50 Cent songs (I'm NOT a freakin' poser, I don't walk around trying to be gangsta...), and then I like My Chemical Romance.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    You know, I am exactly the same. But I do have certain areas of music that interest me more than others.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Just a point of specification on the subject of the classification of metal:

Metal in it's extreme variety (From Iron Maiden to Cannibal Corpse (And yes, Iron Maiden can be considered a part of the NWBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal (Yay, 4 "()"-s)))) is categorized very differently. This also caused by the 80's boom of heavy metal where people really just listened to the music because it was popular and therefore alot of the categorization has been lost there. To this day each individual can freely categorize heavy metal up to the point of calling Hard Rock, Punk and Glamrock subgenres of metal (as they all have roots reaching into metal)

However, generally, one can still say that from the early metal bands (Blue Cheer, Black Sabbath), Metal has gone to 3 large types: Hard-rock-style bands that can really be categorized to both rock and metal (Black Sabbath); Operatic metal that takes inspiration from classical music (Iron Maiden); And ofcourse extreme metal that takes up the most space in the chart (Slayer).

These 3 divide into hundreds of subgenres from Progressive Metal to Thrash Metal, From NWBHM to Norwegian Black Metal. Some are almost christian (Black Sabbath (yes, Black Sabbath)), Others burn churces (Gorgoroth, anyone?).

At first my band of choice was Metallice, but after a while i needed something a bit more... heavier. However, i find good riffs (Rob Zombie - Superbeast), masterful solos (Iron Maiden - Pilgrim) and powerful drums (Disturbed - Down With The Sickness) equally entertaining. Though i don't really like the band, the best definition for my taste would be Cannibal Corpse - Infinite Misery (Put away your prejudice, it's an instrumental ).

Yeah, that turned out to be a slightly longer post than i expected...
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:

These 3 divide into hundreds of subgenres from Progressive Metal to Thrash Metal, From NWBHM to Norwegian Black Metal.

Yaey! Our prime export after oil!

Oh, and don't forget Nu Metal. I know that genre might be commersial, but it is the only metal genre I like. Rap and metal makes a perfect mach.
    #
    Forum » Music Preferences
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: